Angus Reid Poll

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Tonight or tomorrow the latest Angus Reid Poll has some very interesting results on
the heals of the Ekos Poll. Earlier today Ekos revealed the Conservatives would take
136 seats and the NDP around 97 with the Liberals far behind.
According to some of my media friends there is an Angus Reid Poll coming out either
tonight or tomorrow morning and there is a lot of information in this one.

Conservatives 35% NDP 30% and the Liberals 22% simply stunning.
In addition the NDP surge is continuing in all five regions of the country and as the
undecided\s commit, they are going to the New Democrats in considerable numbers,
especially women and young people.

I predict that if the undecided vote shrinks in dramatic numbers by Thursday night the
NDP will be in a dog fight for the mantle of power itself. Nonsense? Two weeks ago
official opposition was impossible to imagine. If by Friday the trend continues, the
Liberal Party may well implode and that could turn this into anybodies guess. There will
be no majority for anyone.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Tonight or tomorrow the latest Angus Reid Poll has some very interesting results on
the heals of the Ekos Poll. Earlier today Ekos revealed the Conservatives would take
136 seats and the NDP around 97 with the Liberals far behind.
According to some of my media friends there is an Angus Reid Poll coming out either
tonight or tomorrow morning and there is a lot of information in this one.

Conservatives 35% NDP 30% and the Liberals 22% simply stunning.
In addition the NDP surge is continuing in all five regions of the country and as the
undecided\s commit, they are going to the New Democrats in considerable numbers,
especially women and young people.

I predict that if the undecided vote shrinks in dramatic numbers by Thursday night the
NDP will be in a dog fight for the mantle of power itself. Nonsense? Two weeks ago
official opposition was impossible to imagine. If by Friday the trend continues, the
Liberal Party may well implode and that could turn this into anybodies guess. There will
be no majority for anyone.

God help us!

Idiot Jack as PM........oh dear.

I mean, this guy wants to open constitutional talks with Quebec.

Just for starters.

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
To counter irrational fear mongering, I'm posting the NDP election platform so people can make up their minds for themselves:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Table of contents

1. 1.0 Give your family a break
  2. 2.0 Reward the job creators
  3. 3.0 Improve your family’s health services
  4. 4.0 Tackle climate change
  5. 5.0 Leadership in Canada
  6. 6.0 Leadership on the world stage
  7. 7.0 Fix Ottawa
  8. » Download the platform
  9. » Download costing document

For too long Ottawa has focused on the priorities of the well-connected, not the priorities of your family. Together we’re going to fix that.
Today I’m releasing my affordable plan to get Ottawa working for your family - one practical step at a time.
The New Democrat plan is focused on improving your health services, rewarding the job creators, strengthening your pension, and making your life a little more affordable.
These are the priorities I’ve been fighting for my whole life. And these are my commitments to you in this election.
These commitments are fully costed – right from the first year. We won’t wait to lift all seniors out of poverty. We won’t wait to start hiring more doctors and nurses. We will act starting now.
I promise you this: the morning after the election, I will get down to work on your practical key priorities. As Prime Minister, I will work with others to get Ottawa working for you. And I will deliver results in the first 100 days. You can hold me to it.
You know where I stand. After May 2, I will deliver for you. And I won’t stop until the job’s done.

Jack Layton
Leader of Canada's New Democrats

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sounds reasonable.

Go Jack Go!

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It is time we got some meaningful change I am sick of going back and forth between
the two old parties that offer little in the way of new ideas. After all this time over a
century, it is clear that the Liberals and Conservatives have little or nothing to offer
the electorate. After all this time if they did they would have produced results by now.
The trouble is the only results they produced supported big business and those
with foreign interests. Free Trade deals that saw our jobs leave, for foreign shores.
It is time working people, small business, and farmers got a break and now is the
time to secure it.by supporting the New Democrats. Besides it time to make the
American Tea Party nervous.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
God help us!

Just for starters.

He actually said today that Constitutional talks with Quebec were inevitable in the future but not high on the priority list. He said that in French on Quebec radio. He's open to discussion in the future. That's all he's saying.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
In 1926 Canadians elected the Liberals.

1930 Conservatives

1935 Liberal

1957 Conservative

1963 Liberal

1979 Conservative

1980 Liberal

1984 Conservative

1993 Liberal

2006 Conservative

2008 Conservative.

I was screwed by the Conservatives, so I voted Liberal.

I was screwed by the Liberals, so I voted Conservative.

I was screwed by the Conservatives, so I voted Liberal.

I was screwed by the Liberals so i voted Conservative.

Maybe people have realized meaningful change doesn't come by flipping back and forth between the same two parties and that another choice exists.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
He actually said today that Constitutional talks with Quebec were inevitable in the future but not high on the priority list. He said that in French on Quebec radio. He's open to discussion in the future. That's all he's saying.
Colpy tends to get a little hysterical about Quebec having any rights in this country. Moudsi Pepsis don't want to play the game by our rules, este! (feel free to correct my French)

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
The large turnout for advance polls tell a tale-I'm going to find it hard to get to my on May 2nd so voted last Saturday and they were doing a brisk business in that chilly school gym.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
God help us!

If God really cared, he would have struck Harper with a bolt of lightening long ago.... God has nothing to do with it.

Just for starters.

Big deal.... it should be done, though as he said, not at this time, as there are more important issues to deal with.

Still better then having that corrupt scum-bag Harper getting a Majority...... speaking of which, I noticed many of the Con supporters have stopped their prancing around about how this time will be a Con Majority.

Told ya.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
The large turnout for advance polls tell a tale-I'm going to find it hard to get to my on May 2nd so voted last Saturday and they were doing a brisk business in that chilly school gym.

Yes, it tells a tale. The tale is that it's not a bad idea to hold advance polls on a holiday when the stores are closed. I don't think it means much more than that, people went to the advance polls out of convenience. I almost did, but it was too comfy at home with beer and chocolate.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
As much as I support the NDP platform, I can't wait to see how many promises they'll break once it is put into practice, lol

I'm glad for 'change', but let's not get all caught up in the hype. Even if they did take the lead or Satan forbid, get a majority, we as citizens need to maintain a healthy skepticism.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
As much as I support the NDP platform, I can't wait to see how many promises they'll break once it is put into practice, lol

I'm glad for 'change', but let's not get all caught up in the hype. Even if they did take the lead or Satan forbid, get a majority, we as citizens need to maintain a healthy skepticism.

Everyone else had lied to us, why should the NDP be any different?

Except this time our lies will comes in a pretty orange color.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Everyone else had lied to us, why should the NDP be any different?

Except this time our lies will comes in a pretty orange color.

This is why grassroots movements are so important.

We need to get the government to be as transparent as possible so that they can be held accountable for their actions. That means moving away from limiting investigative journalism or hiding aircraft parts invoices from the public.

In the end, as douchy as the government can be, we are also partly to blame.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
This is why grassroots movements are so important.

We need to get the government to be as transparent as possible so that they can be held accountable for their actions.

That means moving away from limiting investigative journalism or hiding aircraft parts invoices from the public.

Now who on earth would support a party that would do such things?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
CON
35%

NDP
30%

LIB
22%

BQ
7%

GRN
5%

Good Grief! The end is near.

Assuming this was a true representation of seats -- I'm aware that it's not, but let's assume this is what happened after the vote.. I would see a very strong case for an NDP-Liberal coalition. The Bloc joining in would just be icing on the cake.