Are you sure you support Harper's agenda?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Harper does not represent the interests of Canadians.

He represents the interests of people who control large multi-national corporations and governments around the world. These people pull Harper's strings, just like they pulled the strings of Australian PM John Howard and US President George W. Bush.

[FONT=times new roman,times]
[/FONT]

These people determine Harper's policies and the content of his speeches, which is how Harper delivered the same speech as Australian PM John Howard in support of committing war crimes in Iraq over Iraq's non-existent WMD stockpiles and non-existent links to the events of 9/11:
YouTube - Stephen Harper copies John Howard

Convicting someone without any due process or requirement of conclusive proof is called a lynching. Harper isn't fit for jury duty, let alone rule Canada with a majority government.

If you vote for Darth Harper, what is it you are really supporting? There are clues in his speeches.

Home / Articles / God Bless Canada! - Media Monitors Network (MMN)

and his directives:
NEWS: Harper government directive paints war resisters as criminals

This election is a result of Harper blocking opposition party access to information regarding the involvement of the Canadian government in the torture of Afghan detainees.
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/api...eit-harper-government-and-torture-afghanistan

Harper supports the clandestine use of torture. Why else would he prevent opposition MPs from finding out the truth and attack those who disagree with Canada being complicit in torture? That speaks volumes about the kind of leader Harper would make.

If Harper's backers has his way, our tax dollars will fund a vast for profit penal system modeled after the American system:
WASHINGTON More than 5.6 million Americans are in prison or have served time there, according to a new report by the Justice Department released Sunday. That's 1 in 37 adults living in the United States, the highest incarceration level in the world.
US notches world's highest incarceration rate / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Harper plans to build these prisons with our tax money and then hand them over to corporations. A Harper majority government would enact laws limiting the rights and freedoms of Canadians and imprison those who resist turning Canada into a police state.

Toronto got a taste of Canada's future under Harper domination during the G20 summit:

[FONT=times new roman,times]Downtown Toronto Transformed Into Locked-Down Police State[/FONT]

wriseup.com Who the hell will Harper send to prison?
[/FONT]
Harper is about controlling Canada for the benefit of large multi-national corporations including big oil and locking up anyone who resists. As you vote in support of Harper's agenda, kiss your social benefits like health care and the CPP goodbye. Harper's corporate backers need Canada to spend that money on arms in support a war, death and destruction agenda.

This may be Canada's last fair election. Once Harper gets a majority, he plans to change the system and end public funding of political parties and limits on contributions. Harper will reform our political system so that only parties with the support of large corporations have a chance at ever winning.

Under Harper's rule, Canada will become just like the US under George W. Bush.

[/FONT]

Harper puts the interests of other countries ahead of our interests:

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Perhaps, if you weren't so over the top with your rhetoric, you might be able to provide a convincing argument for your position (and this is coming from somebody that has no intention of voting for Harper)

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You are entitled to your opinion for now. After Harper gets a majority, you'll have to follow the new laws like other Canadians regarding what Canadians are allowed to say and think. Why do you think he wants to build all those new prisons?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Perhaps, if you weren't so over the top with your rhetoric, you might be able to provide a convincing argument for your position

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You are entitled to your opinion for now. After Harper gets a majority, you'll have to follow the new laws like other Canadians regarding what Canadians are allowed to say and think. Why do you think he wants to build all those new prisons?

Who the hell will Harper send to prison?
http://www.wriseup.com/?p=2747

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Perhaps, if you weren't so over the top with your rhetoric, you might be able to provide a convincing argument for your position

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
There was once an argument between the wind and the sun as to which of them is more powerful. They agreed that the one who can make a traveler remove his coat first, will be the winner.

Well, the wind huffed and puffed and did its best to blow off the coat of a traveler, to no avail. The sun just smiled and slowly, but gently turned up its heat. Soon the traveler started to sweat and took off his coat.

earth_as_one, you are the wind. The more you cut and paste your hate the less effect it will have.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

You make one or two good points but then say the looniest crap ever.

Too bad as you lose credibility with your nutty paranoia.:roll:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The same could be said for Layton and Ignatieff or Duceppe, neither commands a majority of Canadian's confidence.

Also, are you capable of creating a thread not involving Israel in one way or another? That shtick is getting old.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not particularly, but I think Harper is probably the most fiscally responsible, seems to be holding the line on taxes and he's at least making a token attempt to get tough on crime.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

I think you made a mistake in this post - I don't see any reference to Israel and the Jews. You might want to edit that.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Not particularly, but I think Harper is probably the most fiscally responsible, seems to be holding the line on taxes and he's at least making a token attempt to get tough on crime.

With the exception of reforming some of the sex offender based laws, I don't think we really need a crackdown on crime. I live in Toronto and I feel pretty damn safe here.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
And you would have us vote for what? A dipper nanny state government with high taxes, high unemployment and bureaucrats dictating your every move?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Short of reforming some of the sex offender based laws, I don't think we really need a crackdown on crime. I live in Toronto and I feel pretty damn safe here.

Are you not concerned about the amount of dope floating around the neighbourhood?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
...are you capable of creating a thread not involving Israel in one way or another? ....

My point wasn't about Israel so much as about criminalizing criticism of Israel which is part of Harper's agenda. It is an example of Harper's agenda to limit free speech. I'm sure that once the precedent has been set, it could be extended to criticizing the Harper government and anything else that Harper doesn't like.

When Harper gets his majority government, we will face new laws that equate criticism of Israel with support of terrorism. Libby Davies and myself will be arrested as terrorist supporters and locked up indefinitely without a trial. IMO, That's the direction Harper would like to take Canada.

By the time the rest of you figure it out, it will be too late. Speaking out against the Harper government will violate Harper's new God Bless Canada Patriotic Laws.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Are you not concerned about the amount of dope floating around the neighbourhood?

Not at all, I've never been bothered by drug dealers or drug users. Generally, trouble avoids you unless you are involved in that sort of thing, that's my experience anyways.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

I don't think he's been more fiscally responsible, myself. If he was, I might consider voting for him.

Firstly, if the G20 taught us anything it's that we don't need more police. We could suffer a higher crime rate per capita and the loss of civil freedom in favour of extra security just isn't worth it.

I mean, just look at how crazy it can get:

We don't need more cops, unless they can prove to us that cops are more reasonable than this tripe.

Secondly, taxes need to be looked at from a corporate and personal perspective. We can maintain existing tax rates, but there's absolutely no excuse for the laissez-faire tax rates given to corporations. They make enough profit, and they are not passing that on to consumers through lower prices. You can use the infamous Big Mac standard that most economists use - the value of our dollar is meaningless if it's not translated into consumer goods. We are not getting anything out of this "conservative" tax scheme.

Lastly, and most importantly, is wasteful spending. $30 Billion on the jets and $1 Billion on the G20 are prime examples of wasteful spending. We're not talking millions - we're talking billions. To the taxpayer that this conservative government loves so much, that is over $1,000.00 out of your very own pocket. If you look at the votes, the majority of Canadians have decided that they don't want to spend that kind of money on these expenditures.

Even if you do, we're supposed to be democratic and honour what the majority wants. Otherwise, we're not representing the majority of voters. Sorry, but that's how democracy is supposed to work.

The world is trying to get away from this assumption. We've proven time and time again that drugs, prostitution, videogames - it's infantile to believe that these things are directly related to crime. We won't be able to relieve ourselves of that hurdle until we give people what they want and these things lose their novelty.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
When Harper gets his majority government, we will face new laws that equate criticism of Israel with support of terrorism. Libby Davies and myself will be arrested as terrorist supporters and locked up indefinitely without a trial. IMO, ....

Oh dear! Does that that mean you'll have to lick the jelly out of Thunderdicks assh0le til he squeals. I just might change my vote to the Conservatives

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not at all, I've never been bothered by drug dealers or drug users. Generally, trouble avoids you unless you are involved in that sort of thing, that's my experience anyways.

So you are not bothered about all the associated costs of drugs. Thefts, rehabillitation costs, incarceration costs, high insurance costs...............costs that eventually trickle back on us the taxpayer?