Advance Polls (for the Federal Election)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Advance poll's opened in my area 16 minutes ago. I'll be voting today. Anyone else?

Advance Voting Days are April 22nd, 23rd, & 25th....12:00 noon to 8:00pm.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Ron, why dont you show up wearing a burka and see if they let you vote or not? lol

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Don't own one. I might be able to borrow a Klan outfit (long story....relative found it in the
bottom of a "lot box" from an auction...in a dry-cleaning wrapper, no less). Would that work?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Don't own one. I might be able to borrow a Klan outfit (long story....relative found it in the
bottom of a "lot box" from an auction...in a dry-cleaning wrapper, no less). Would that work?

too risky.......many of the people that would cheer for you wearing a burka, might not offer their support if you put on a klan outfit.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I don't vote in advance polls.....what happens if you change your mind.....doh!

Uh, Avro.........what happens if one changes their mind after marking their ballot on May 2? What difference can it possibly make when you vote - once you have your mind made up? :smile:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Uh, Avro.........what happens if one changes their mind after marking their ballot on May 2? What difference can it possibly make when you vote - once you have your mind made up? :smile:

Can't change it then.....but I can change it before an advance poll.

What if I find out that Layton kills kittens for fun a day after I vote in the advance poll?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Can't change it then.....but I can change it before an advance poll.

What if I find out that Layton kills kittens for fun a day after I vote in the advance poll?
What happens if you find out he does on May 3rd?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I think he pokes the kittens with a fork before putting them in the microwave, so he's alright in my books :)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

That's a silly statement. What if you change your mind after May 2? Once you vote, you vote.

What you're suggesting is that you think your opinion could change based on what happens in the last 2 weeks of the campaign. Me, I think that what the candidates say during the campaign is of far less value than what they've said, and done, in the years since the last election. My opinion of, for example, ethical behaviour isn't likely to change because someone says something in a campaign, it's more likely based on what they've done when they didn't think an election hung in the balance. And I think I've seen enough to make a call.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
yep, I've seen polls that suggest that a Liberal supporter will vote Liberal even if Hitler was the leader

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
yep, I've seen polls that suggest that a Liberal supporter will vote Liberal even if Hitler was the leader

Yet they were defeated and are no longer our governing party, much less with a majority like they had.

I'm sure partisan Liberal hacks would say the same thing about Conservatives...

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Yet they were defeated and are no longer our governing party, much less with a majority like they had.

I'm sure partisan Liberal hacks would say the same thing about Conservatives...

Conservative support is built on holding the conservatives to a higher standard than the liberal supporters ever held the Liberals. That is why the Liberals dont hold the same support that they used to. Their support has moved to other parties.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Advance poll's opened in my area 16 minutes ago. I'll be voting today. Anyone else?

I usually wait until the last minute to give the weasels every opportunity to blow it. :smile:

That's a silly statement. What if you change your mind after May 2? Once you vote, you vote.

What you're suggesting is that you think your opinion could change based on what happens in the last 2 weeks of the campaign. Me, I think that what the candidates say during the campaign is of far less value than what they've said, and done, in the years since the last election. My opinion of, for example, ethical behaviour isn't likely to change because someone says something in a campaign, it's more likely based on what they've done when they didn't think an election hung in the balance. And I think I've seen enough to make a call.

It's not so much what they say, it's more what may immerge in the news about them. Back in 08 in the Kootenays it was revealed at the 11th hour that the candidate for the Cons had been smuggling booze and other stuff across the border, been involved in a serious vehicle accident that was his fault where a woman was badly injured, so not only was the guy a criminal he was a bit a flake to boot. Can't remember his name (think he was a neighbour of Cliffy) :lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I usually wait until the last minute to give the weasels every opportunity to blow it. :smile:

It's not so much what they say, it's more what may immerge in the news about them. Back in 08 in the Kootenays it was revealed at the 11th hour that the candidate for the Cons had been smuggling booze and other stuff across the border, been involved in a serious vehicle accident that was his fault where a woman was badly injured, so not only was the guy a criminal he was a bit a flake to boot. Can't remember his name (think he was a neighbour of Cliffy) :lol:
Hey, that almost sounded like guilt by association! Funny thing is, I don't know any cons in these parts now. Seems Harper's political style is seen in the same light as Dubbya. And of course all us old hippies and draft dodgers in the Kootenays are all commie pinkos.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

I wish it opened earlier than noon! I had to wait around all morning. A good thing about advance polling day is that everyone's super quick marking their ballot and so the line moves quickly.

Change your mind? There's one conservative candidate in my riding, who else am I suppose to vote for?!

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Conservative support is built on holding the conservatives to a higher standard than the liberal supporters ever held the Liberals.

:lol: You partisans are all alike. You swallow what they give you, no questions asked.

That is why the Liberals dont hold the same support that they used to. Their support has moved to other parties.

I know that...hence why I commented on those polls you allegedly saw.

oldrebel

Nominee Member
Apr 18, 2011
southern ontario

How do you know what emerges in the last minute news is true?
If that were valid, all the candidates would say something really rotten about each other the last couple of days and get it in the news. Wouldn't that be a fiasco?