Who will replace Ignatief if he loses?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I'm hoping that Stronach comes back, she would be more business like than Rae. Whenever I hear Rae on a talk radio show, he strikes me as someone that is too impulsive with his words and probably his actions too. With Federal politics it is better to be slow and thoughtful. What do you guys think?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
What do you mean "IF HE LOSES" ??
He has lost, the only thing that remains is the crying!!

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
It's time for the next generation to lead the Liberals. Try either Domenic LeBlanc (b1967) or Gerrard Kennedy (b1960). LeBlanc is a NB MP and is Acadian & Kennedy is a Toronto MP and has western connections. My choice would be LeBlanc.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Zee Fuhrer is coming back!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'm hoping that Stronach comes back, she would be more business like than Rae. Whenever I hear Rae on a talk radio show, he strikes me as someone that is too impulsive with his words and probably his actions too. With Federal politics it is better to be slow and thoughtful. What do you guys think?
Ya Belinda is a walking treasure trove of intelligence, poise, vision .
This thread should have been posted in the Poor Humor Sub Forum.
What!!!! We do not have one!!!!. Well we Damm well should. I shall speak to the owners immediately, Yes I will.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If they follow the Liberal custom it will have to be a francophone.....
With a bag man of course, and from Quebec. One of their own makes the money a tad easier to swallow your morals and personal character.

Nothing like a spoonful ( Insert large spoon shovel perhaps) of cash to take your troubles away

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
A very good question. Rae is just another failed dipper premier and too old. Needs to be someone that realizes there is a large part of Canada west of Toronto that mostly does not like the long gun registry or the catch and release just-us program.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Don't be too sure about Ignatieff losing this election it is a long way from over. I don't know
if I want him to have a majority, but I would prefer him to Harper in a minority. There is a
lot of what ifs to go over here. The is Jack Layton's last run, its Ms May's last run as leader
and if there is no majority, it is also Harper's last campaign as leader.
This election is almost more about the aftermath rather than the election depending on the
outcome in terms of seats. Look at this for a moment without our personal opinion.
Eastern Mari Time Provinces, A few Tories, some Liberals and some NDP but less Tories.
Quebec Less Conservatives, and maybe even a few less Liberals the Bloc may lose a
couple but the NDP may pick up a few more.
Ontario much the same as now, with Tories still looking wistfully at Toronto.
Manitoba will spread it around a bit
Saskatchewan much the same though I think the NDP might pick up one or two but no more.
Alberta unchanged except the Liberals could win one from the NDP, Jaffers seat will be up for
grabs in a working class riding.
BC what an election this will be. It is a two way fight between the Conservatives and the NDP.
I think the New Democrats could pick up a few here, surprisingly I think it will be at the expense
of the LIberals and one maybe two Tories and the Conservatives could also take much of
what is left of the Liberals.
If you move a few seats around where the Liberals dip into Conservative territory in Ontario and
you have much the same look to parliament as we have now.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Harper has run the hardest working minority government in the history of Canada. Iggy will fail misearably is he wins a minority.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Harper has survived and that is all, yes one could call that success I suppose but in the eyes of
the Party it would be a failure, they need someone who can win a majority and Harper in my
opinion is not trusted enough for that post. Iggy would also been seen as a survivor and failure
to win a majority next time would spell the same fate. On the horizon, there is the NDP who if
they get the right leader, in the future they could wrestle away the Official Opposition and that
post is known as the government in waiting. The world is an ever changing place and it depends
on the economic and social conditions combined with people wanting something different even
though they don't know what that something is.
This is not even about how good or bad of a job the leaders have done, it will depend on the mood
and the feelings of trust people have on the day they vote.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
survived? lol that is laughable. His government has lasted longer than any other minority government in the history of Canada.

Hardest working. longest running. thriving not surviving