Ignatieff and Layton what a pair of bloody Hypocrites

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff didn’t hold back in condemning Status of Women minister Helena Guergis earlier Wednesday. Ignatieff accused the Ontario MP of coordinating the letter-writing campaign that had Guergis’s staffers sending anonymous letters of praise about the junior minister to newspapers and magazines (like Maclean’s). “If they have someone make up little letters in my book that’s lying,” Ignatieff said. “And then pretending that you didn’t really have anything to do with it, it was all the staff—that’s lying a second time.” Ignatieff has called on Stephen Harper to fire the junior minister, saying Guergis is not “worthy of the confidence of Canadians.” Along with drawing the ire of members of the opposition, Guergis has reportedly also become alienated from some members of the Conservative caucus after a string of scandals that included a now-infamous tantrum in a P.E.I. airport.

and then

Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff and NDP Leader Jack Layton had some Easter weekend advice on Wednesday for the prime minister: cut Helena Guergis loose. Both Ignatieff and Layton called on the minister of state for the status of women to either esign, or for Stephen Harper to fire her. The latest storm around the embattled minister involves at least two staff members who wrote letters to media outlets defending or applauding Guergis without revealing their relationship to her.
The minister made headlines in late February after she launched into an angry tirade at the Charlottetown airport.
Guergis had said she had no prior knowledge of the letter writing and told at least one staff member the behaviour was inappropriate.
Ignatieff was not buying her explanation, however, He said outside the House of Commons that she had lied.
'In my book, that's lying'

"When they have somebody make up little letters, in my book, that's lying. And then pretending that you didn't really have anything to do with it, it was all the staff, that's lying a second time," said Ignatieff.
"I don't think a person like that is worthy of the confidence of Canadians. I don't think that person is worthy of remaining in the cabinet of Canada. It's that simple."
Layton said Guergis needs to realize she's not able to do her job properly.
"Perhaps the prime minister's going to have to take a look at things over the Easter break and realize he's going to have to make some changes in his administration," Layton said.

Now they are saying how Harper can't be trusted and that he is mean to women.

What a joke.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Whether the PM was justified in firing Princess Helena is up for debate. I just find it Hillarious that these two Nitwits are now her defender when they were openly calling for her dismissal.

Anyone catch Jack on the news tonight, he looks like he had a stroke. Man his right eye was drooping.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So much for you not calling people names.

Another one of your fantasies. Where did I say that I don't call people names? If I recall correctly, I said it is a sure sign of a lost debate. I'm not debating. I'm laughing at nutters.

On a side note, it wasn't me that started a thread criticizing others for name calling. I've never complained about name calling. I just point out the hypocrisy of those that name call and then complain about the tactic (that would be you....it seems I have to spell it out for you)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I said it is a sure sign of a lost debate.
Well that sure explains all the name calling you do, when you get fed reality.

On a side note, it wasn't me that started a thread criticizing others for name calling. I've never complained about name calling. I just point out the hypocrisy of those that name call and then complain about the tactic (that would be you....it seems I have to spell it out for you)
When you do it, it's pointing it out, when anyone else does it, its hypocritical complaining.

Gotchya.

Holier than thou Cannuck.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
When you do it, it's pointing it out, when anyone else does it, its hypocritical complaining.

You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you. You name call as much, if not more than most poster on this forum. Then you embarrass yourself by starting a thread complaining about people that name call. I understand how it bothers you to have your hypocrisy pointed out. I also understand how you confuse my issue with your hypocrisy with your name calling. You do confuse easily.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer are you. You name call as much, if not more than most poster on this forum. Then you embarrass yourself by starting a thread complaining about people that name call. I understand how it bothers you to have your hypocrisy pointed out. I also understand how you confuse my issue with your hypocrisy with your name calling. You do confuse easily.
Sharp enough to make you throw a hissy fit, for pointing out the glaring uneducated nonsense in your posts.
I'm not confused at all. I get you loud and clear, when you cry at me for name calling, your merely pointing it out. When I make a thread that merely asks a question, I'm complaining and being a hypocrite?

Ya, no wonder I would appear to be confused to you. Your lack of logic would be baffling to anyone that didn't see through your BS.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Yep, it is hypocritical.

But that's Politics 101: "Opportunity and the Political Spin-Making the Headlines Work to Your Advantage!". I'm not sure a politician exists that didn't ace that particular course.

Sadly, we now seem to live in the 30 second soundbite, Facebook, You Tube, My Space, Twitterverse age where it seems most have the attention span of a two year old. Forget what was said 2 years ago or even 5 minutes ago, live in the now!

It would be nice if we could expect better from our political "leaders" but, let's face it, too few of us are actually demanding better.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Transparency?....
trans·par·ent (tr
ns-pâr
nt, -p
r
-)
adj. 1. Capable of transmitting light so that objects or images can be seen as if there were no intervening material. See Synonyms at clear.
2. Permeable to electromagnetic radiation of specified frequencies, as to visible light or radio waves.
3. So fine in texture that it can be seen through; sheer. See Synonyms at airy.
4. a. Easily seen through or detected; obvious: transparent lies.
b. Free from guile; candid or open: transparent sincerity.

5. Obsolete Shining through; luminous.