Michael Moore watches debates, digs Duceppe

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
CTV 2011 Federal Election | Michael Moore watches debates, digs Duceppe

OTTAWA — Thanks to the magic of modern technology firebrand film-maker Michael Moore can now monitor and provide minute-by-minute commentary on Canada's leaders' debates. The polarizing documentary director took to Twitter to provide running analysis of the English- and French-language debates.
A string of tongue-in-cheek tweets from the Michigander began during Tuesday's English debate. Among the quips from @MMFlint:

• "One of the great things when u live on the Canadian border is watching their political process. It's like tuning in 2 Mars (but a smart Mars)."
  • "Here's hoping the Canadians can lose their Bush-lite PM..."
  • "Best part of the Canadian PrimeMinister debate? Justin Bieber sang a song at the mid-way point. Also, all candidates picked up after themselves. . . I do think the Canadians should drop the 'ring girl' bit and the symbolic clubbing of the baby seal each party leader does at end of debate."
  • "Funniest moment: The Quebec separatist guy was the only one who knew correct parliamentary procedure of a country he doesn't want 2 belong 2."
  • "OK, clearly I've got two much time on my hands 2nite. I'll go do the dishes now & get back 2 ignoring Canada as any patriotic American should."
  • Moore was just as prolific during the French debate Wednesday:
  • "Ok, only had 3yrs of French in hs (high school), but here's what I think they're saying: croissant, peace, souffle, universal health care, je t'aime, jobs."
  • "Ok, so here's what I don't get: The French separatist dude is the smartest one & the best candidate but if he wins he wants to leave. He's like your grandpa who says he hates the Internet & won't go online--until he does, & then you can't get him off it. He'll like Canada!"
----------------------------------------------------------

Kinda funny, but I expect some in here to say he should mind his own business and stick to his own country's affairs...... but in turn, we all usually have something to say about US politics, so.....

At least one American was actually paying attention to our politics :p

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It is good that some are paying attention to our politics and he has his opinion, I don't
agree with his choice but hey many of you will disagree with my opinion as well so
good on him for being interested

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I,m not surprised Moore found Duceppe to be the most interesting of Canadian politicians. Whether you agree with the Bloc or not Duceppe's personality makes Harper and the others look quite bland. And, of course, separatist or not, he is definitely on the political left, a part of the spectrum almost entirely absent in the US.