Interesting Liberal Candidate

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Can we assume that the Liberal Party approves of terrorist organizations?

From the Globe and Mail
Michael Ignatieff’s campaigning Thursday included a five-minute interview with a Sikh journalist who was once accused of threatening a Liberal MP – a situation that prompted scrambling by the Liberal campaign to explain the one-on-one phone call.

The short conversation with Brampton-based Sukhminder Hansra of Ankhila Punjab touched on issues of immigration and the Conservative ethnic-outreach strategy, but did not deal directly with Mr. Hansra’s past controversial comments.
The controversy revolves around the Vaisakhi parade in Surrey, B.C., which in 2007 included a float that some criticized as portraying the mastermind of the 1985 Air India bombing as a martyr. The Air India bombing was inspired by a campaign for a separate Sikh homeland in what is now India.

The parade prompted a broader debate about whether politicians realize what they may be endorsing when they participate. Mr. Hansra’s editorial criticized Mr. Dosanjh for expressing concern about the parade.

“About two decades ago, Ujjal Dosanjh uttered heart-breaking words about the martyrs of the Sikh struggle. As a result, one of the Guru's loved ones gave him a good thrashing. Such things are not accepted in these peaceful countries but …,” wrote Mr. Hansra, leaving the sentence unfinished, according to a report on the CBC website.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...controversial-sikh-journalist/article1985658/

Mr. Hansra is referring to an incident in 1985 in which Ujjal Dosanjh was nearly beaten to death by Sikh nationalists for his outspoken opposition to their terrorist movement.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Can we assume that the Liberal Party approves of terrorist organizations?

From the Globe and Mail
Liberals defend Ignatieff interview with controversial Sikh journalist - The Globe and Mail

Mr. Hansra is referring to an incident in 1985 in which Ujjal Dosanjh was nearly beaten to death by Sikh nationalists for his outspoken opposition to their terrorist movement.

Okay, I am going to cement my reputation as a hard-core Reformer, and ask the hard question; What the **** are EITHER of these guys (the CPC Tamil or the Liberal Sikh nationalist) doing in my country?????

Do either of them show any sign of wishing to join the larger Canadian community? Or contributing anything to the western ideal of tolerance, freedom, democracy?? Of integrating into our society and becoming one with us???

No.

MULTICULTURALISM IS CULTURAL SUICIDE.

Read my lips, and my tag-line.

And start throwing people that bring their wars here OUT.

And raise the birth rate among Canadians.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Okay, I am going to cement my reputation as a hard-core Reformer, and ask the hard question; What the **** are EITHER of these guys (the CPC Tamil or the Liberal Sikh nationalist) doing in my country?????

Exactly. I was going to add this to my 'interesting conservative candidate' thread.

I'm seriously thinking of voting Green, FFS.

Only because I think it's absolutely important to vote.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Exactly. I was going to add this to my 'interesting conservative candidate' thread.

I'm seriously thinking of voting Green, FFS.

Only because I think it's absolutely important to vote.
What do you do, if they actually form a majority?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What do you do, if they actually form a majority?

What do you mean, what do I do? I live my life. I'll cast my vote, make my choice, and live with the aggregate decision of the Canadian voters. What do you plan to do, commit suicide if the election doesn't turn out the way you want?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is the new Canadian way Colpy don't you understand? Unfortunately we are
catering to all these nationalist groups. What bugs me is they come here to be a
part of a new society, swear allegiance to the Canadian Flag and then march and
parade around with the old flag of home, fomenting hatreds that were not here in
the first place. if they, and I mean people from everywhere feel the nationalistic
connection to the homeland maybe they should go home and straighten the mess
out there rather than making me part of their photo op drama. Frankly I want our
politicians to get on with dealing with the issues and stop all this wearing of costumes
special interest interviews and narrowing their focus when they should be dealing with
the big picture.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What do you mean, what do I do? I live my life. I'll cast my vote, make my choice, and live with the aggregate decision of the Canadian voters.
I guess I should have put a smilie in that post. I thought the humour was self apparent.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
What bugs me is they come here to be a
part of a new society, swear allegiance to the Canadian Flag and then march and
parade around with the old flag of home, fomenting hatreds that were not here in
the first place.

For reference material, see St Patricks Day, or Orangemans Day, or...

I hope you're not suggesting this idea is new to our country...