Iggy strikes again.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Count Igula has been doing some pretty nifty verbal tap dancing in regards to his previous comittments to Canada.

Here is the deal.
Iggy had never bothered to vote in Canada federally until the 2008 election when Iggy had just lost the Lib leadership and Dion was El Jefe.
That means before the Liberal backroom boys parachuted Iggy back into Canada and directly in contention with Dion, Iggy had never bothered to vote in Canada.

But he voted nationally in the UK.
He voted Labour which is the UK unionist party the more or less equivelent to the NDP of Canada.
Which seems a bit odd because the Ignatief summer palace is located in France.
So I guess he was British at that point.
But whatever.

Moving forward to the time when Iggy was preparing to depart Europe for the ivy covered halls of Harvard (in the good old USA).
Iggy was qouted as saying that "when he returned to his home country(the USA of course) he would be,of course, voting federally".
His direct quote was " I am an American Democrat. I will vote for [John] Kerry in November.”

All this from a guy who had never voted in Canada.
Just how Canadian is this guy?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Count Igula has been doing some pretty nifty verbal tap dancing in regards to his previous comittments to Canada.

Here is the deal.
Iggy had never bothered to vote in Canada federally until the 2008 election when Iggy had just lost the Lib leadership and Dion was El Jefe.
That means before the Liberal backroom boys parachuted Iggy back into Canada and directly in contention with Dion, Iggy had never bothered to vote in Canada.

He voted Labour which is the UK unionist party the more or less equivelent to the NDP of Canada.
But whatever.

Moving forward to the time when Iggy was preparing to depart Europe for the ivy covered halls of Harvard (in the good old USA).
Iggy was qouted as saying that "when he returned to his home country(the USA of course) he would be,of course, voting federally".
His direct quote was " I am an American Democrat. I will vote for [John] Kerry in November.”

He only wants to be Canadian if he can be Prime Minister.....I can't WAIT to send this arsehole back to Harvard.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Every bit as Canadian as any other citizen, that's how much.

Harper has been told he's in contempt of Parliament. How Canadian is that guy?
Colpy likes guns. How Canadian is he?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Here is the deal.

But whatever.

According to your profile you reside in Hither & Yon, that must be a narrow point of mind i would say. So I do believe he was elected prior to 2008, 2006 as a matter of fact, so i can bet money he voted.

So before you come trolling put some good bait on it. That or you rush to a hatchet job. Sure hope you don't fuk that way.

Taxx

Conservative
Apr 10, 2011
PEI
"Count Igula" is a new one to me. My personal opinion of him is that he shouldn't be running anything more than a hot dog cart. However, "how Canadian" someone is can't really be determined by actions. Although I do agree he should have stayed here and worked his way up to become PM, that doesn't mean his citizenship is invalid. I am a conservative, but the attack ads need to be ignored in most cases.

Visionseeker

Apr 11, 2011
The man exercised is lawful right to vote in the community where he resided!!! Stop the presses! Someone engaged in democracy, an offense to Reformatories' lock-step view of political correctness.

At worst, Iggnatieff tried to pass himself off as an American. While Harper actually wants to be one.

Enjoy the Auditor General fueled debates tomorrow my Reformatory friends. I will greatly enjoy watching Harper PWND for two hours in two consecutive days.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"Count Igula" is a new one to me. My personal opinion of him is that he shouldn't be running anything more than a hot dog cart. However, "how Canadian" someone is can't really be determined by actions. Although I do agree he should have stayed here and worked his way up to become PM, that doesn't mean his citizenship is invalid. I am a conservative, but the attack ads need to be ignored in most cases.

Yeah, he might be able to handle the buns if someone else took charge of the weiners. :lol:

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
According to your profile you reside in Hither & Yon, that must be a narrow point of mind i would say. So I do believe he was elected prior to 2008, 2006 as a matter of fact, so i can bet money he voted.

So before you come trolling put some good bait on it. That or you rush to a hatchet job. Sure hope you don't fuk that way.

In general I find people who reach for personal attacks and profanity right out of the gate to be somewhat limited in their debating skills.

As to my residing at " hither and yon" that, together with my nick "Trex" goes to the fact that I have spent the last 25 years of my life working in South Asia, Asia, Europe, Africa as well as Central and South America.
I did that simply because I could.

I also happen to hold two passports and am legally a citizen of the UK as well as a Canadian.
Unlike Ignatieff I have never once voted in the EU.
Not once.
I also have never missed a Canadian municipal, provincial or national vote in the last 20 years.
If I need to go to an advance poll because of travel comittments then that is what I do.
I would suggest (once again unlike Ignatieff) that would suggest to which country my primary loyalty resides with.

As I indicated in my original post the first time Iggy voted in Canada was in the 2008 national election.
After Dion lost that election Iggy was then installed as the Liberal leader by a Liberal internal caucus decision.

Trex

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I'm not defending his platform or anything, but seriously.. This is 2011. It's time to evolve already.