NDP consistency

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
YouTube - NDP TV ad - "Not so great moments: Health Care"

I'm glad the NDP are consistent...

NDP health critic Adrian Dix has blamed what he calls the ill-conceived decision to shut down nearby St. Mary's Hospital in 2004 and under funding for acute-care beds.
Tim Hortons-turned-ER a sign system works: Hansen - Yahoo! News

NDP health critic Sue Hammell said the overcrowding is linked to health care cuts made by the B.C. Liberal government in 2001.
http://www.themarknews.com/articles/4254-b-c-hospital-turns-tim-hortons-into-temporary-er

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The Non Democratic Parasites only tell part of the story. Health care spending in B.C. has increased dramatically in B.C. under the Liberals. New hospitals have been built, others are planned and many more long term care spaces have been provided. Part of what is creating a health care crises in B.C. is rules by militant government unions that add needless costs and a huge increase in rich retirees to B.C. that have never paid dime one into B.C. health care but require a huge amount of spending on all the ailments associated with old age.
Many of the patients that overcrowd ERs are sick, not in need of emergency care but there are few walk in clinics open at night.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Do you really think old people are still moving to White Rock? Did you sleep through the past 30 years?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I get a real kick out of Jackie trying to blame the HST on the Feds. It was our not so illustrious and very greedy Campbell who needed the money and took it after lieing to us. The Feds did not shove the HST down our throats, Jack, the Liberals in BC did - get it right.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
Here in Montreal, the NDP doesn't stand a snowball chance in hell of winning, specifically within the western part of the city. Within the West End/West Island part of Montreal, the majority of voters are English speaking. Yet the NDP has decided to put up French only posters. Hah ... what a joke for the NDP party. Most of us will not be able to read the posters, and the NDP will ultimately lose out. I myself will vote blue (Conservative), as they do indeed have English posters in the western sections of the city. The Conservatives clearly know that they need to reach out to the majority in each riding, and if a specific riding in Montreal has an English speaking majority, that means putting up English posters. If the NDP wants to cater only to the French speaking citizens living in Montreal, then it is ultimately the French speakers who will vote for them.

I myself am right leaning, however I am sure than many left leaning folks living in the west part of the city will not vote for the NDP simply for being left out of the process. I mean how can anyone vote for a party for which they are not even able to read the election posters? Makes no sense.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If we're not voting for parties because of election posters, then we've officially failed as a race.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
If we're not voting for parties because of election posters, then we've officially failed as a race.

Well, when the NDP ignores a majority of it's constituents within a riding during the election campaign, then how will the NDP treat these constituents after the election? It's obvious that these folks would be ignored by the NDP.