Looks Like the Dreaded Spring Election is on!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yep. All opposition parties have said they will not support the Conservative budget.

Therefore the government will fall.

So we get it on.

Opposition leaders have signalled they will not support the Conservative budget, making a spring election all but inevitable.
The budget, tabled Tuesday by Finance Minister Jim Flaherty, had been carefully crafted to try to meet the NDP halfway in a bid to avoid a trip to the polls, but it was also designed – sprinkled with targeted tax credits for families, for example – to serve as a campaign platform if the government is defeated in a no-confidence vote, which could come as early as this week.

Spring election likely as all three opposition parties reject Tory budget - The Globe and Mail

OTTAWA — The minority Conservative government tabled a 2011 budget Tuesday that was quickly rejected by its political opponents for falling short in helping the middle class, setting the stage for an election campaign that could begin any day.
The leaders of the Liberals, Bloc Quebecois and NDP said they could not support the budget as presently written — even though Finance Minister Jim Flaherty tried to appease the left-wing party through a series of modest, symbolic initiatives.
“We’re forced to reject the budget and we are also forced to reject a government that shows so little respect for parliamentary democracy and our democratic institutions,” said Michael Ignatieff, the Liberal Leader.
Gilles Duceppe, Bloc Quebecois Leader, said his party “can’t support what has been offered here.”
And Jack Layton, head of the NDP and viewed as the person most likely to lend the government support, said the budget fell short of NDP expectations.
Opposition says budget falls short

Come on down, single term Conservative majority!!!!!!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I think it's a little more than that. The parties get $1.75 per vote they got last time.
Its 1.95 now and they get that every year.

Should be based upon sets that you field candidates in, min 5 % of the vote in that riding or no moola from those votes - That would really chip away at the PQ. Damm straight.

And Harper will not get a majority.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Its 1.95 now and they get that every year.

Should be based upon sets that you field candidates in, min 5 % of the vote in that riding or no moola from those votes - That would really chip away at the PQ. Damm straight.

And Harper will not get a majority.

That's a shame....I would like to see a one term majority.....

Dump the per vote subsidy for parties.

Redistribute seats according to population.

Dump the gun registry.

Buy some military equipment.

Work on the Senate.

Why I will vote Conservative, all positives, and just off the top of my head.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Crap! Politics has become a blood sport just like hockey. Gets people all wound up and crazy. They say stupid sh*t and get drunk on "our team is gonna murder your team" idiocy. Blood and beer - it's the Canadian/American way! Ye Ha! Let the blood letting begin.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
We shall see oh man of Pennies Ten :)

Indeed, we shall. I feel nothing by Contempt for a government that is trying to rival Brian Mulroney's group for unethical and/or illegal conduct. I have had my fill, and despite the fact that the Liberals have no ideas and no leader, I can no longer support the bizarre collection of ethically challenged morons that Harper has decided to surround himself with. There is no way that these idiots deserve my vote, and I'm done with them. They disgust me as much as many of the past Liberals do. I will never support a government that is so disreputable.
One example:
Harper has not condemned Oda's fraud, and to me that makes him approving of fraud. You do not change a document once signed, unless all parties cosign the changes. And she lied about it. That's fraud, and she should be booted and in jail, and since Harper doesn't have the moral integrity to do so, he is not worthy of being PM of my country. He has shown a distinct lack of ethics, somewhat surprising for someone who claims to be a Christian. Despite his talk, by his actions he shows himself to be morally bankrupt, and therefore, I cannot support him.