Conservative Capitalists responsible for Japan Suicide Meltdown

polaris

Nominee Member
Jan 7, 2011
Do you have room in your basement for 127 Million Japanese people? Worst case scenario could see radiation causing the abandoning of other nuclear reactors in the small country with more then 50 . Does the phrase "Domino Theory" ring any bells for the politicos who sponsored dozens of foreign wars to keep the world safe for Democracy and Capitalism, and Free trade?

How close is social breakdown? About as far as nuclear meltdown? Are millions of people just one loud BANG away from stampede?

We could be weeks away from having to abandon an entire country. On the bright side of things....If all 50+ reactors were to melt down, here on the west coast of North America we wouldn't need lighting any more because we'll all be glowing in the dark.

Ahhh Progess!!! Ain't it wonderful?

I case you are in any doubt...this is way worse than the gulf oil blowout.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
....and in other news.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
We need more fossil fuels development if we can't rely on nuclear energy. Global Warming has to take a back seat to hydrocarbon drilling and extraction. If that isn't done people will live a poorer and meaner existence. Green energy won't help because it will be tied up in court.

....and in other news.

Is that your Mom?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
We need more fossil fuels development if we can't rely on nuclear energy. Global Warming has to take a back seat to hydrocarbon drilling and extraction. If that isn't done people will live a poorer and meaner existence. Green energy won't help because it will be tied up in court.

Is that your Mom?

No, your sister....she was good btw, quite the screamer.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Do you have room in your basement for 127 Million Japanese people? Worst case scenario could see radiation causing the abandoning of other nuclear reactors in the small country with more then 50 . Does the phrase "Domino Theory" ring any bells for the politicos who sponsored dozens of foreign wars to keep the world safe for Democracy and Capitalism, and Free trade?

How close is social breakdown? About as far as nuclear meltdown? Are millions of people just one loud BANG away from stampede?

We could be weeks away from having to abandon an entire country. On the bright side of things....If all 50+ reactors were to melt down, here on the west coast of North America we wouldn't need lighting any more because we'll all be glowing in the dark.

ya ok wacko

polaris

Nominee Member
Jan 7, 2011

Is that your Mom?
Meaner and poorer than what? Almost all of us are taking far more than we need and certainly far more than the planet can manage. Take less! Stop being a pig! Leave some room for a future! How blind and selfish can you be?

Grab a brain!!!!

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Meaner and poorer than what? Almost all of us are taking far more than we need and certainly far more than the planet can manage. Take less! Stop being a pig! Leave some room for a future! How blind and selfish can you be?

Grab a brain!!!!

Will you do me a favor? Please tell the young people of America that they will never own homes, and their children will not receive quality educations. Tell them they will live their lives as drones paying taxes to pay for my beer and pizza. Thanks.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I got tell you Polaris when the left of center starts questioning your logic you might want to check where you are on the the wacko grid.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Will you do me a favor? Please tell the young people of America that they will never own homes, and their children will not receive quality educations. Tell them they will live their lives as drones paying taxes to pay for my beer and pizza. Thanks.
Nobody has to tell them, they will find that out for themselves soon enough. And they already are drones paying taxes for beer and pizza, they are just too dumbed down to realize it. Watching FOX will do that to you.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
As was pointed out on the news last night... the reactor that is near meltdown is one that was coming due to be decommissioned because it is an old, less safe design. The new reactors are not the kind of risk this particular one is. There's no reason, if this reactor melts down, that any of the others would. And, even if this one does, it still won't do the kind of damage to the extended environment, to cancer rates, etc., that petroleum does on a daily basis. And I say that as someone who lives off the petroleum industry. You won't see mass evacuations.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
As was pointed out on the news last night... the reactor that is near meltdown is one that was coming due to be decommissioned because it is an old, less safe design. The new reactors are not the kind of risk this particular one is. There's no reason, if this reactor melts down, that any of the others would. And, even if this one does, it still won't do the kind of damage to the extended environment, to cancer rates, etc., that petroleum does on a daily basis. And I say that as someone who lives off the petroleum industry. You won't see mass evacuations.

Oh great. Karrie decides to waltz in and ruin all the Doomsday Fun. ;)

polaris

Nominee Member
Jan 7, 2011
Really? Care to explain that one?
If heavy radiation spreads into the area with another set of reactors it may necessitate the abandoning of that area...and those reactors if unattended for a considerable length of time could fail as well....like dominos.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Seriously, Polaris, I think you desparately need a vacation in the mountains..... far away from any communication with the outside world.

polaris

Nominee Member
Jan 7, 2011
I got tell you Polaris when the left of center starts questioning your logic you might want to check where you are on the the wacko grid.
I can understand that with a military trained mind you have a diminished capacity for critical thinking and a behavioral tendency to be "only following orders" but even so you should be able to make the connection between rapacious corporations feeding the consumerism frenzy for 'a strong economy' and industrial over-development (Japan), and a collapsing ecosystem.

These are complex interconnected problems that need complex interconnected solutions...not simple minded Conservatives.

Seriously, Polaris, I think you desparately need a vacation in the mountains..... far away from any communication with the outside world.
You're correct...I do need that vacation...unfortunately there is no outside world any more.