Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
The Canadian Zionism Question
By Denis G. Rancourt
26 January, 2011
Activist Teacher Blog
“This is the kind of obviousness that a child can see—though the child may, later in life, become browbeaten into believing that the obvious problems are "non-problems", to be argued into nonexistence by careful reasoning and clever choices of definition.”
-- Roger Penrose
“... so obvious that it takes really impressive discipline to miss it ...”
-- Noam Chomsky
Here we have Israel as an internationally recognized thug, keeper of the largest open-air prison on earth, regularly practicing war crimes against civilians, targeting civilian infrastructure and continuously disregarding the Geneva Conventions – virtually unanimously denounced by the international community, by every human rights watch group on the globe, and by international civil society for the last many decades [1] – and how do Canadian politicians and parliamentarians respond?
Israel, the modern sate that shamelessly uses the Nazi holocaust to justify overtly racist domestic and foreign national policies, stock piles nuclear weapons, incites wars on its neighbours, overtly funds propaganda in foreign countries, routinely practices international pirating, kidnappings and murders, openly performs political assassinations [1]... and how do Canadian politicians and parliamentarians respond?
Israel has no significant economic exchanges with Canada and performs no significant geopolitical service of benefit to Canada; a Canada with virtually no economic ties with the Middle East and a Canada that is a net exporter of oil and gas.
Yet, apart from the independent-thinking Bloc Quebecois, it seems that half the time that English Canadian politicians open their mouths it’s to denounce a “new anti-Semitism” that social scientists and statisticians tell us is a media fabrication or to express Israel’s “right to defend itself” or to declare Canada’s “unwavering support for Israel.” Not to mention Israel’s “right to exist”! [2]
What about unwavering support for human rights and international law?
And I count the NDP (New Democratic Party) establishment prepared to sacrifice one of its own for stating a historic fact and happy to stand silent in the face of Zio-zeal.
The Canadian Zionism Question is: Why?
Why has Zio-zeal become English Canada’s new political religion? If Canada is Israel’s friend why doesn’t Canada help Israel abandon violence as its main diplomatic tool and facilitate Israel’s integration into the community of nations that denounce violence and racism? Why doesn’t Canada help Israel and its people?
How do English Canada politicians benefit from being subservient to US geopolitical doctrine? Or how would they suffer from not trading away Canada’s sovereignty; and how are most Quebec politicians immune?
Would it be so difficult for English Canada politicians to not so enthusiastically kiss the ass of the Middle East tyrant? And not adopt unanimous parliamentary resolutions to suppress criticism of Israel on university campuses? And not spend valuable parliamentary resources “investigating” imagined new anti-Semitism in Canada?
How in God’s name can we understand this new madness?
What happened? Sure there was CanWest but it died, despite the government’s best efforts to covertly bail it out.
What is going on?
Some prominent cover-up artists have suggested that English Canada politicians are overly preoccupied with pleasing Jewish voters. But there just aren’t enough Jewish voters to explain transforming the Parliament into the embarrassing Zio-zeal fest that it has become, in the face of an opposing world consensus view. In addition there are growing numbers of Jewish Canadians who are critical of Israel and of Canada’s uncritical support for Israel and its policies. [3]
No there has to be more to it than Jewish voters. Not to mention that 56% of Canadians have a “mainly negative view of Israel”. [4] (The average global opinion for “mainly positive view of Israel” is 17%. [4])
Given the overwhelming evidence for the Zio-zeal phenomenon and given its obvious sovereignty implications, it seems fair to ask the Canadian Zionism Question: Why?
There are at least two categories of possible answers: One that involves the obedience of service intellectuals and political caretakers and a related one that involves “following the money”. There is also of course the always useful appeal to mythology:
“And then, you know, there's the obvious one - you love someone so much that you would do anything to spend all of eternity with them.”
-- The Vampire Diaries (TV series)
Is not the Zionism Question a worthy research question – brimming with societal implications – for tenured university professors? Or is everyone afraid of Stanley Fish and his crasser cohorts? Hey, those goons are in the US – remember?
References
[1] See the work of Norman Finkelstein: Norman G. Finkelstein
[2] “On Israel's 'Right to Exist' and on Racism” by Denis G. Rancourt, Palestine Chronicle, June 30, 2010: On Israel's 'Right to Exist' and on Racism
[3] e.g. Independent Jewish Voices (Canada):Independent Jewish Voices (Canada)
[4] 2007 global opinion survey, as reported in “For Israel, every traveller is an ambassador” by Patrick Martin, Globe and Mail, February 23, 2010.
New terms
Zionism Question – Why all the unconditional support for Israel and its crimes from Western politicians?
Zio-zeal – Western politicians’ beyond-the-call-of-duty enthusiasm to publicly support Israel and its crimes.
Denis G. Rancourt was a tenured and full professor of physics at the University of Ottawa in Canada. He practiced several areas of science which were funded by a national agency and ran an internationally recognized laboratory. He published over 100 articles in leading scientific journals. He developed popular activism courses and was an outspoken critic of the university administration and a defender of student and Palestinian rights. He was fired for his dissidence in 2009 by a president who is a staunch supporter of Israeli policy. [See rancourt.academicfreedom.ca]

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
If you can't fight, learn how to negotiate. The Palestinians have managed to do neither. I mean even when some international group of countries asks them if they want a state of their own, they can't even manage to say "yeah sure". Not to sound bigoted but the people living in Gaza and other enclaves have to be in the top ten can't get it together groups in the whole world.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
If you can't fight, learn how to negotiate. The Palestinians have managed to do neither. I mean even when some international group of countries asks them if they want a state of their own, they can't even manage to say "yeah sure". Not to sound bigoted but the people living in Gaza and other enclaves have to be in the top ten can't get it together groups in the whole world.

So unforgivin, can we put you down as a supporter of the zionist infiltration of Canada? And if so, what do you see for a future Canada ruled entirely, excepting local bag men and overseers, from Tel Aviv?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You must have nightmares about creeping Zionism crawling all over you. You found them running Canada also. Yes my little Beaver, roughly 6 million people are controlling all of us, we are all zombies doing their bidding. :roll: I just wish we all had the strength and courage of that tiny little country.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I just wish you knew what you were talking about. You see strength and courage in that little country. You must be watching them shoot farmers and old ladies or roughing up pregnant women at check points or shooting kids in the head. You have a defiled sense of the courageous Ironsides. That's what makes it easy to debase yourself before false strength though.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
So unforgivin, can we put you down as a supporter of the zionist infiltration of Canada? And if so, what do you see for a future Canada ruled entirely, excepting local bag men and overseers, from Tel Aviv?

I for one welcome our new foreskinless overlords.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Everything is the fault of the Zionists, err the Jews and we all know that right? Get serious,
Israel is one tiny country in a region nearly but not entirely surrounded by nations who hate
it, yet they still manage to get the spotlight. Why because they are reasonable, they don't
send out suicide bombers and fill the airwaves with ridiculous propaganda that no one will
ever believe. They talk about building relations with others as opposed to the old line, about
driving their enemy into the sea. Even if Israel doesn't always mean what they say, they give
the impression that there is some sanity in their position. The other stark contrast is one of
we will all live a life in sack cloth and ashes, we will suffer on earth and not embrace the
future. We will dwell on ancient religious traditions at the expense of all else including our
place in the world and our children's future.
Is that necessarily the position of the Palestinians or the Arab world? Probably not, but that
is the impression they leave with those not involved with their plight. The problem is for these
groups is they make no effort to portray some semblance of sanity.
As for Israel being a group of thugs, nonsense, they are legally recognized as a nation of the
world. Not only that, but the Arab States that have signed onto the United Nations, unofficially
or otherwise they recognize Israel as a State on the world stage. If they joined the UN and do
not recognize Israel they are bigger hypocrites than anyone thought. The Arab World cannot
have it both ways. It is time for them to get their own house in order. Most of the other Arab
States are quite happy to have the Palestinians remain in misery. The reason, is that way they
can have a cause at the down trod-dens expense in order to carry out their own agenda.
People who constantly have one theme and one theme only to down grade one group endlessly
must have a lot of hate or fear in their heart. I can't imagine going around blaming one group for
all the ills of the world. I think there are some very valid points that the Arabs have however it is
clouded by a veil mistrust that they themselves have fostered by their rhetoric and actions that
have been played out before the eyes of the rest of the world. Until they show they want to join
the rest of the world in a society of respect and responsible behaviour no one will want to listen
to them or support them. That is the fact. Who has the image of being thugs? Israel or the
people doing the suicide bombing? What the world Sees is what the world believes.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I have a french cut so I'm neither Zionist pig nor Muslim dog. Wel I guess that makes me free.

LOL

The board has fonts too big for it.
Unless you type something after. I think it is a muslo-ziofacist plot.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Everything is the fault of the Zionists, err the Jews and we all know that right? Get serious,
Israel is one tiny country in a region nearly but not entirely surrounded by nations who hate
it, yet they still manage to get the spotlight. Why because they are reasonable, they don't
send out suicide bombers and fill the airwaves with ridiculous propaganda that no one will
ever believe. They talk about building relations with others as opposed to the old line, about
driving their enemy into the sea. Even if Israel doesn't always mean what they say, they give
the impression that there is some sanity in their position.

The OP is about zionist infiltration of Canadian institutions. I noticed that you avoided any mention of that in your haste to defend Israel instead of defending Canada. Does Israel come first with you? If so you're not alone as most of our parliamentarians also share that strange and dangerous position for Canadians.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I'm against demonizing propaganda. I believe most a majority of Israelis want a fair and just peace with their neighbors. Unfortunately the majority of their leaders don't feel the same way.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'm afraid I'll need surgery before I can take Noam Chomsky seriously.

A frontal lobotomy, to be exact.

A Michael Moore for the intellectual set.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm against demonizing propaganda. I believe most a majority of Israelis want a fair and just peace with their neighbors. Unfortunately the majority of their leaders don't feel the same way.

Now they want a fair and just peace, after they've stolen with the help of the Americans, a majority of the land the Palestinians had lived on for centuries. Now they are willing to give them a bunch of useless sand in Gaza.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

I agree EAO, almost all Arab Leaders and many Palestinian Leaders don't want peace.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

The Canadian Zionism Question
By Denis G. Rancourt
26 January, 2011
Activist Teacher Blog
“This is the kind of obviousness that a child can see—though the child may, later in life, become browbeaten into believing that the obvious problems are "non-problems", to be argued into nonexistence by careful reasoning and clever choices of definition.”
-- Roger Penrose
“... so obvious that it takes really impressive discipline to miss it ...”
-- Noam Chomsky
Here we have Israel as an internationally recognized thug, keeper of the largest open-air prison on earth, regularly practicing war crimes against civilians, targeting civilian infrastructure and continuously disregarding the Geneva Conventions – virtually unanimously denounced by the international community, by every human rights watch group on the globe, and by international civil society for the last many decades [1] – and how do Canadian politicians and parliamentarians respond?
Israel, the modern sate that shamelessly uses the Nazi holocaust to justify overtly racist domestic and foreign national policies, stock piles nuclear weapons, incites wars on its neighbours, overtly funds propaganda in foreign countries, routinely practices international pirating, kidnappings and murders, openly performs political assassinations [1]... and how do Canadian politicians and parliamentarians respond?
Israel has no significant economic exchanges with Canada and performs no significant geopolitical service of benefit to Canada; a Canada with virtually no economic ties with the Middle East and a Canada that is a net exporter of oil and gas.
Yet, apart from the independent-thinking Bloc Quebecois, it seems that half the time that English Canadian politicians open their mouths it’s to denounce a “new anti-Semitism” that social scientists and statisticians tell us is a media fabrication or to express Israel’s “right to defend itself” or to declare Canada’s “unwavering support for Israel.” Not to mention Israel’s “right to exist”! [2]
What about unwavering support for human rights and international law?
And I count the NDP (New Democratic Party) establishment prepared to sacrifice one of its own for stating a historic fact and happy to stand silent in the face of Zio-zeal.
The Canadian Zionism Question is: Why?
Why has Zio-zeal become English Canada’s new political religion? If Canada is Israel’s friend why doesn’t Canada help Israel abandon violence as its main diplomatic tool and facilitate Israel’s integration into the community of nations that denounce violence and racism? Why doesn’t Canada help Israel and its people?
How do English Canada politicians benefit from being subservient to US geopolitical doctrine? Or how would they suffer from not trading away Canada’s sovereignty; and how are most Quebec politicians immune?
Would it be so difficult for English Canada politicians to not so enthusiastically kiss the ass of the Middle East tyrant? And not adopt unanimous parliamentary resolutions to suppress criticism of Israel on university campuses? And not spend valuable parliamentary resources “investigating” imagined new anti-Semitism in Canada?
How in God’s name can we understand this new madness?
What happened? Sure there was CanWest but it died, despite the government’s best efforts to covertly bail it out.
What is going on?
Some prominent cover-up artists have suggested that English Canada politicians are overly preoccupied with pleasing Jewish voters. But there just aren’t enough Jewish voters to explain transforming the Parliament into the embarrassing Zio-zeal fest that it has become, in the face of an opposing world consensus view. In addition there are growing numbers of Jewish Canadians who are critical of Israel and of Canada’s uncritical support for Israel and its policies. [3]
No there has to be more to it than Jewish voters. Not to mention that 56% of Canadians have a “mainly negative view of Israel”. [4] (The average global opinion for “mainly positive view of Israel” is 17%. [4])
Given the overwhelming evidence for the Zio-zeal phenomenon and given its obvious sovereignty implications, it seems fair to ask the Canadian Zionism Question: Why?
There are at least two categories of possible answers: One that involves the obedience of service intellectuals and political caretakers and a related one that involves “following the money”. There is also of course the always useful appeal to mythology:
“And then, you know, there's the obvious one - you love someone so much that you would do anything to spend all of eternity with them.”
-- The Vampire Diaries (TV series)
Is not the Zionism Question a worthy research question – brimming with societal implications – for tenured university professors? Or is everyone afraid of Stanley Fish and his crasser cohorts? Hey, those goons are in the US – remember?
References
[1] See the work of Norman Finkelstein: Norman G. Finkelstein
[2] “On Israel's 'Right to Exist' and on Racism” by Denis G. Rancourt, Palestine Chronicle, June 30, 2010: On Israel's 'Right to Exist' and on Racism
[3] e.g. Independent Jewish Voices (Canada):Independent Jewish Voices (Canada)
[4] 2007 global opinion survey, as reported in “For Israel, every traveller is an ambassador” by Patrick Martin, Globe and Mail, February 23, 2010.
New terms
Zionism Question – Why all the unconditional support for Israel and its crimes from Western politicians?
Zio-zeal – Western politicians’ beyond-the-call-of-duty enthusiasm to publicly support Israel and its crimes.
Denis G. Rancourt was a tenured and full professor of physics at the University of Ottawa in Canada. He practiced several areas of science which were funded by a national agency and ran an internationally recognized laboratory. He published over 100 articles in leading scientific journals. He developed popular activism courses and was an outspoken critic of the university administration and a defender of student and Palestinian rights. He was fired for his dissidence in 2009 by a president who is a staunch supporter of Israeli policy. [See rancourt.academicfreedom.ca]

Good to see the unbiased opinions that you rely on to support your already clear decision on the State of Isreal. Really.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I'm afraid I'll need surgery before I can take Noam Chomsky seriously.

A frontal lobotomy, to be exact.

A Michael Moore for the intellectual set.

Your terms are accepted. Where can we meet and get this done?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So Choamsky is reputable???
A whole lot more reputable that any of our political leaders. But I realize that the conservatives in the crowd can't handle an intelligent socialist thinker. Most of what he has to say sails over their heads with the greatest of ease.
Conservatives remind me of the old Canada Tired Xmas commercials with Scrooge clutching his money saying, "Mine! Mine, mine, mine!" Well it is worthless shyte so you can keep it. I would rather teach a man to fish.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
A whole lot more reputable that any of our political leaders. But I realize that the conservatives in the crowd can't handle an intelligent socialist thinker. Most of what he has to say sails over their heads with the greatest of ease.
Conservatives remind me of the old Canada Tired Xmas commercials with Scrooge clutching his money saying, "Mine! Mine, mine, mine!" Well it is worthless shyte so you can keep it. I would rather teach a man to fish.
So in your opinion Choamsky is an impartial person? Yes or no would suffice.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So in your opinion Choamsky is an impartial person? Yes or no would suffice.
Silly question. Do you know anybody who is impartial? Of course he is slanted, but he is well researched and intelligent, something most political pundits aren't and certainly most people who put any importance to politics. I like his ideas but he is not radical enough for me.