What would you do if the US invaded?

RoseMartland

Aug 19, 2010
In my novel, Game Misconduct:
Game Misconduct - The home of author Jeff Rose-Martland

I address the issue. Here's the scene:
The US has invaded. American troops are pouring across the border. Much of Canada's military is away on peacekeeping duties, leaving us even more vulnerable. The Government has recalled the reserves and militias, and is now calling for volunteers. Would you take up arms or try to get yourself and your family out of harms way? Serious answers only; Rambo is not a Canadian.

RoseMartland

Aug 19, 2010
Why do you find the scenario silly? I can give you a host of reasons for the US heading here. And they even had plans to do so in the mid 30's.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Simple, round up, recruit and fall back...

You can not win a frontal assault against the US, full stop.

The wilds of Canada, will prove to be quite similar to the jungles of Vietnam. Impenetrable, inhospitable and the play ground of Guerrilla forces.

Once you've regrouped, and set up a mobile headquarters, get in touch with the same PR firm as the Palestinians.

RoseMartland

Aug 19, 2010
Do you want us to invade?

Never said that. Just said that there is a real possibility. Canada has major resources which the US wants: oil and fresh water, plus food crops and minerals, all of which we export while the US imports them. If tensions rose and/or relations declined, I could see a Hawk president sending out the troops.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
In my novel, Game Misconduct:
Game Misconduct - The home of author Jeff Rose-Martland

I address the issue. Here's the scene:
The US has invaded. American troops are pouring across the border. Much of Canada's military is away on peacekeeping duties, leaving us even more vulnerable. The Government has recalled the reserves and militias, and is now calling for volunteers. Would you take up arms or try to get yourself and your family out of harms way? Serious answers only; Rambo is not a Canadian.

What are you pushing your own book? Isn't that spamming?

Set against a backdrop of current news stories, Game Misconduct follows the daily lives of seven Canadians in five separate cities. Each has their own problems, challenges, and goals. They live their lives in the shadow of the Stars and Stripes, searching for pride in their homeland, until the unthinkable happens.

America invades.

Well you know your audience that is for sure. Some Canadians go to sleep dreaming that we will invade, just to be really noticed by us. And you wrote a whole book about it?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
searching for pride in their homeland
I take offense to that simplistic notion (Not at you ES)

If you're a Canadian searching for pride in your homeland. You're either ignorant, or woefully uneducated. Half dozen of one, six of the other really. Both can be self imposed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Never said that. Just said that there is a real possibility. Canada has major resources which the US wants: oil and fresh water, plus food crops and minerals, all of which we export while the US imports them. If tensions rose and/or relations declined, I could see a Hawk president sending out the troops.

No, it is not a real possibility...at all.

I'm sorry, we just won't invade you. We will buy, trade, try to get a better deal than you, lose at hockey to you...but we won't invade.

What will happen to all the NHL teams down here? Do you know how many Yank sweaters will be pulled over their heads in locker rooms across the USA! The horror!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I take offense to that simplistic notion.

If you're a Canadian searching for pride in your homeland. You're either ignorant, or woefully uneducated. Half dozen of one, six of the other really. Both can be self imposed.

As I said...he knows his audience and his screen name matches the author's name. I doubt it is a coincidence.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

That' so simplistic, we are more valuable as a trading partner then an enemy.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

Lovely fiction....but will never happen.

We will invade them and force them all to watch Curling.

In fact we already have plenty of covert militia in the US ready to pounce...ever heard of the brain drain? All a ploy to hide our real agenda of making all of North America one state and calling it Hoservania....mwwwwaaahahahahaha!

Hope I haven't said to much....hey what's this little red light on my chest.......

RoseMartland

Aug 19, 2010
What are you pushing your own book? Isn't that spamming?

Actually, you are the one who quoted the book. Spamming would be if I posted buy links or promo material. The link is to my website, which contains a lot of information other than the novel.

Lovely fiction....but will never happen.

We will invade them and force them all to watch Curling.

In fact we already have plenty of covert militia in the US ready to pounce...ever heard of the brain drain? All a ploy to hide our real agenda of making all of North America one state and calling it Hoservania....mwwwwaaahahahahaha!

Hope I haven't said to much....hey what's this little red light on my chest.......

There's a great mocomentary from the early 80's done by the SCTV crowd about Canadians invading the US entertainment industry. It's called The Canadian invasion.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
hehehe, you could challenge the President to a winner takes all Hockey game. winner gets both countries, loser has to leave for cook Islands.

so consider the USA Canada now!.. :p

but on a serious note, I'd pack up and leave for the south pacific and live the rest of my days on an island.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Canadian imports to the U.S.

Well Canadians probably do import their beer but I don't know if the Canadian Alcoholic content is the same in the U.S.

My postal carrier was beaten out by a Canadian in one of those silly games played on international cruises and about who could down the most beer.....I asked if he had ever sampled Canadian beer - now the guy is on a mission to find some hahaha....

RoseMartland

Don't know whether to wish you success in your novel having used this forum to promote it - because I happen to believe Canada and the U.S. are two of the few nations of their size and military capabilities who have been friendly neighbors since their first charters were enacted. It's a shining testament two large groups can cohabitate in trade, economics, friendship and support.

I resent attempts to stir up anger between members of the two - you have no idea how many nations are
seething with envy about the history between the two great countries.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
We would lose. That's just a given. I would grieve the loss of my homeland but other than that, would much change for us? Canadians and Americans are very much the same people under two governments. All that would really happen is we would change to one government and then it would truly be called America instead of the USA as it should be called. I'm sure if they are going to overtake Canada, they would take Mexico too. Sorry but it's not a novel that would be in my hands longer than a few seconds.

Canadian imports to the U.S.

Well Canadians probably do import their beer but I don't know if the Canadian Alcoholic content is the same in the U.S.

My postal carrier was beaten out by a Canadian in one of those silly games played on international cruises and about who could down the most beer.....I asked if he had ever sampled Canadian beer - now the guy is on a mission to find some hahaha....

RoseMartland

Don't know whether to wish you success in your novel having used this forum to promote it - because I happen to believe Canada and the U.S. are two of the few nations of their size and military capabilities who have been friendly neighbors since their first charters were enacted. It's a shining testament two large groups can cohabitate in trade, economics, friendship and support.

I resent attempts to stir up anger between members of the two - you have no idea how many nations are
seething with envy about the history between the two great countries.
We import beer from everywhere but most of the beer in Canada is made in Canada. Alcohol content is higher in Canadian beer than USA. Canada actually wins quite often for best wine too. Lots of wineries in the Okanagan and lots of micro breweries everywhere.
I agree with you regarding attempts to stir up anger. That's another reason I would never read the book.