Politicians for themselves? the party? or the people?

prab

Time Out
Aug 18, 2010
Who do you believe your local politician is representing and trying to benefit?

rajinsurrey

Aug 18, 2010
I'm from Surrey and it is down right pathetic that MPs like Sukh Dhaliwal would take the stage when his fellow Liberal MPs were threatened with violence. It is apparent that Sukh Dhaliwal's agenda is for himself and not the Liberal party. Sukh Dhaliwal is not a true Liberal. He wins the riding because he has the Dasmesh temple support. This is how odd it is when it comes to politics in the Newton area. Sukh Dhaliwal openly supports the khalistan temple Dasmesh temple which has been revoked its charitable status because of its terrorist ties but he was also supported by Balwant Gill the Dasmesh temple's moderate arch enemy. There were letters distributed on temple letterhead by Balwant Gill supporting Sukh Dhaliwal. Sukh Dhaliwal is not for the community but is for himself. He was walking around at the vaisakhi parade shaking hands with known terrorists. Even though Sukh Dhaliwal boasts about his strong Canadian roots, our Canadian education is not good enough for his two daughters who are in med school in Hungary, but word has it that Hungary's med school is easier and shorter to acquire a degree at and the prerequisites that Canadian med schools ask for are quite a bit higher than Hungary's. His roots are so strong that word is that he has built himself a massive retirement mansion in India where he will collect his big government pension upon retirement even though he has a monster mansion he currently lives in Panarama Ridge in Surrey. Why is it that rumours are that Sukh Dhaliwal has invested millions and also organized other Canadian investors to develop in the Punjab region of India. Sounds like he's a real Canadian to me. Newton will always be an area where there is a sikh politician and news on other threads is that local author Ranj Dhaliwal and strong environmental activist will be standing to run against Sukh Dhaliwal. This should be an interesting battle because Ranj Dhaliwal has publicly critized Sukh Dhaliwal on his support letter to known international drug dealer Ranj Cheema. Ranj Dhaliwal recently put together and ran as the Sikh Youth vice president to gain control of the management of the second largest sikh temple in Canada. Unfortunately Ranj Dhaliwal's win lasted a short period over the outgoing temple executive based on technicalities. I saw him on the news stating that he was not supportive of taking the matter to trial and knew that the Sikh Youth could win again. Strategically Ranj Dhaliwal did not run again and helped put a new committee together. They now call it the 36 member committee even though there are 18 executives elected. This just goes to show how much influence a prominent member of the sikh community like Ranj Dhaliwal is able to continue a reign over the temple management even when he is not on it. Ranj Dhaliwal ran on the platform of uniting the moderate and fundamentalist communities together and wants to do away with classifications. He says he believes all are sikh and that's it. If you look at Ranj Dhaliwal's Facebook posts Ranj Dhaliwal is a big opponent of terrorism. The rumours are also in that Gurmant Grewal might run again for the Conservatives. The community loves Gurmant Grewal so this will be a very interesting race. I have a strong feeling that Sukh Dhaliwal's reading of the sikh genocide in parliament was because Sukh Dhaliwal knows that he needs to gain support of the temples in order to win against Ranj Dhaliwal. I have a feeling that the big race will be Ranj vs. Sukh but Gurmant will gain the advantage and win the seat.

rajinsurrey

Aug 18, 2010
But then when I think of it will having a celebrity like Ranj Dhaliwal be a good idea either? Someone told me he's got serious attitude and major ego maniac. I heard he thinks he's god's gift to women. I was thinking Paul Brar might be a good choice if Gurmant Grewal doesn't step in. He's quiet and looks like a nice guy. If the choices are selfish Sukh, ego Ranj or nice guy Paul then Paul takes the cake.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
"prab" and "rajinsurrey" are the same person on the same computer.
We don't allow that here. ONE account per person. Seeing as the
"raginsurrey" is currently online....I'll get rid of the other account for
you.

rajinsurrey

Aug 18, 2010
So I spent some time today researching these three and although there was not alot of information on them i was able to find out a few things.
A quote on Paul Brar
Born in India,completed premedical from Govt college ludhiana,Bsc(med from Punjabi university and M.A in Eng from punjab university,migrated to canada in 1990, have varied business experience ,but find peace in participating community issues

I also found that Sukh Dhaliwal has publicly stated that Paul Brar is infact a 'Diehard Liberal' I bet that he is more that a Liberal than Sukh Dhaliwal is, in fact I bet everyone is more of Liberal than Sukh Dhaliwal is. After researching Suhk, Ranj, and Paul today I have come to a conclusion that Paul Brar would be my best choice . I think he is a Liberal at heart but a Conservative for show and to further himself. At least he will do good in parliment as he knows how 'Play the game' and will not take just one side and has an open-mind. Honestly i think that Surrey is a messed up when it comes to politics, These guys dont necessarily believe in the partys belief`s and goals but yet go for whichever party has space and opportunity for themselves. From what I have found Paul does not have any negative publcity yet, however Sukh likes to write letters for drug dealers , and Ranj writes novels about gangs. I wonder what other Punjab will step in for the NDP and the Greens in that riding. IS it possible to get some REAL politicians in Newton!? From what I found Paul Brar is a hardworking guy and the fact he hasn`t been in the spotlight at all yet he would be modest guy.
If Gurmant Grewal comes back I bet he would be a show in and win hands down. Gurmant actually knocked on my door and came in and sat down with his wife and talked with myself and my family and asked for our support. I dont think there is anyone in Newton that wouldnt vote for him again. He was voted in by the people for the people and we all including myself have stood behind him