Oka revisited - 20 years later

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Good movie, I posted a link a few years ago.

A little lopsided, but a decent flick despite that.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Good movie, I posted a link a few years ago.

A little lopsided, but a decent flick despite that.
Everything is lopsided from someone's point of view.

I just found this on a friend's facebook page. I don't have TV so it is new to me. I was involved in a road block at Vallican, in the Slocan Valley about that time to protect the ancient Sinixt village site and burial ground. I didn't have much access to news then either but I did get snippets at the time from people visiting our camp.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was finishing basic training at the time.

I have a flag that flew over one of the barricades, hanging on my living room wall.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I was working midnights back then so I watched the whole event on TV as it unfolded.

I watched it on CBC Newsworld, CTV had the propagandized version

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
fify...;-)
fify?

On CBC I watched our soldier stand his ground when a mohawk warrior in army fatigues came up to him and just two inches away from the soldiers face he whispered threats to him and the soldier just took it and this soldier was close enough to smell the warriors meal probably whale blubber on rye with mustered and a pickle and this soldier did not budge then without any warning this warrior gave out a loud scream and this soldier did not move I jumped but this soldier stood his ground.

Good coverage and the whole truth was told.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
fify?

On CBC I watched our soldier stand his ground when a mohawk warrior in army fatigues came up to him and just two inches away from the soldiers face he whispered threats to him and the soldier just took it and this soldier was close enough to smell the warriors meal probably whale blubber on rye with mustered and a pickle and this soldier did not budge then without any warning this warrior gave out a loud scream and this soldier did not move I jumped but this soldier stood his ground.

Nice slurs.... What would they smell on your breath?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Fix It For You.

Ya, ok...

And you would be referring to Pte. Cloutier and Lasagna Larocqua. Two men I've actually met. Nice spin on what Larocqua had for lunch, I just love that kind of juvenile flame bait.

I see by that tid bit of stupidity, you got a balanced and informed dose of what you wanted and have no need of understanding the whole of the issue.

But I'm glad we could entertain you, during your down time.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Fix It For You.Ya, ok...

And you would be referring to Pte. Cloutier and Lasagna Larocqua. Two men I've actually met. Nice spin on what Larocqua had for lunch, I just love that kind of juvenile flame bait.

I see by that tid bit of stupidity, you got a balanced and informed dose of what you wanted and have no need of understanding the whole of the issue.

But I'm glad we could entertain you, during your down time.

I thought it was about burial grounds and the shooting of a Quebec police officer
It's about how the warriors got pushed around by the women.
it's about closing of an important road
It's about the federal government taking charge and the Canadian Armed Forces doing what had to be done to eliminate the threat

Is there more?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I thought it was about burial grounds and the shooting of a Quebec police officer
It's about how the warriors got pushed around by the women.
it's about closing of an important road
It's about the federal government taking charge and the Canadian Armed Forces doing what had to be done to eliminate the threat

Is there more?
How long did it take you to Google that small dribble?

5, 6, 7 minutes?

You're amazing.

weaselwords

Electoral Member
Nov 10, 2009
salisbury's tavern
The real question should "What was the original treaty?" & "What were the reservation's boundry lines?". If those items are up front there shouldn't have been any question on how to proceed.
How is it possible to expropiate land that is not ceded to Canada, Quebec & Oka?