Reporter Chased By Two Toronto Mayor Candidates

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Freedom of the press may not be a given in Toronto city hall where two Toronto councilors and both running for the top job as mayor verbally attacked a reporter using garbage mouth language for asking a simple question and continued to physacally chase him out of the area.

You judge for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8EpSdyB0zY

Last edited:

numbnuts

May 29, 2010
Oz

Freedom of the press may not be a given in Toronto city hall where two Toronto councilors and both running for the top job as mayor verbally attacked a reporter using garbage mouth language for asking a simple question and continued to physacally chase him out of the area.

You judge for yourself
Don't people know how to spell on this site???

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Try followed and challenged.

Wow, you see what you want to see, don't you?

You judge for yourself
Did, an obviously lack luster journalist, for lack of a better term. Made a derogatory statement and got called on it. You can spin it any way you want, but that's what happened.

I bet if Ford was a Libby, you'd sing a different tune.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Did, an obviously lack luster journalist, for lack of a better term. Made a derogatory statement and got called on it. You can spin it any way you want, but that's what happened.

Ford and Mammoliti verbally attacked a reporter and then physically chased him out of the area and if Mammoliti did not tell Ford to stop the chase, Ford would have chased him down Bay Street.

These two guys want to be mayor and they have to apologize to this reporter if they are man enough and if they can’t they are no better than thugs.

I am really surprised at Ford because he runs a football team for troubled boys what kind of message does this send to them.

Mammoliti jumped in yelling with Ford.

If they can’t do the right by apologizing then they should seriously consider quitting the mayor race and get re-elected in their wards.

These two candidates are hard workers and have proven themselves time after time to the people that voted for them.

A leader is a person who can bring this city together and a thug will fracture this city even more.

clutch

Time Out
Jan 23, 2010

rofl, are you just arguing for the sake of arguing ? you can't actually support the goofy behaviour of Rob Ford in this incident.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I think the reporter was way out of line........but I pity the poor SOB who pisses me off and then accuses me of "verbal assault",

Afterward, he will understand the concept of assault.

Yes, I know, I'm a rednecked dinosaur, a brute, a barbarian, etc etc etc......

But DAMN I get sick of this pansy society.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
well you realize it's hypocritcal of Ford if you've been following him in the news at all.

UPDATE: Rob Ford charged with assault, threatening death - Posted Toronto

the guy utters death threats to his own wife

CBC News - Toronto - Ford admits lying to media about drunken outburst

gets booted out of the ACC at a maple leafs game for drunken and rowdy behaviour

among other charitable actions :lol:

Well, the man is obviously an arsehole.........

Although as far as Mayors are concerned, it would be hard to do worse than the current idiot...Mr. Miller.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It looks like a live version of CanadianContent. I like it.

By the way, this was aired in 2005.

clutch

Time Out
Jan 23, 2010
Well, the man is obviously an arsehole.........

Although as far as Mayors are concerned, it would be hard to do worse than the current idiot...Mr. Miller.

really? i don't know too much about Miller but I know I haven't seen him in youtube videos acting goofy, or read articles about him threatening his wife, getting booted out of the ACC, making racist statements etc..

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
really? i don't know too much about Miller but I know I haven't seen him in youtube videos acting goofy, or read articles about him threatening his wife, getting booted out of the ACC, making racist statements etc..

Own any handguns???

Miller thinks he can solve the problem of Jamaicans shooting each other on Jane and Finch by stealing the gun collections of good upstanding citizens like me.....in New Brunswick. :lol:

Did I say he was a complete moron???

BTW, I did not say Ford would be better or worse.......I don't know anything about him, never heard of him before this thread.

clutch

Time Out
Jan 23, 2010
You said it would hard for him to do worse than Miller and from what i've seen i'd have to disagree. Ford wouldn't be elected mayor in a million years, Miller is at least competent enough to become mayor.
but admittedly i don't know a lot about Miller.