Reform Party formed May 29, 1987

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
In 1989, I was in Vancouver for a convention. During a break, I decided to do some shopping and came across a Reform Party office. I went in and started reading some of the material they had on display. Before I left the office, I was a Reform Party member.

Preston Manning is still a hero of mine. I believe he truly has the best interests of Canadians at heart.

Thank you, Colpy.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
The reform party no longer exsists...the current Tory government is way to the left of what Reform was about.

What people will do to get and maitain power is soooooo typical.:roll:

Next up....wildrose.:lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The reform party no longer exsists...the current Tory government is way to the left of what Reform was about.

Absolutely!

Reform was NOT a "big tent" party.....it was crippled by its principles.... :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If there is such a thing as an honest political party that was probably as close as you're going to get. However I did find Preston rather an odd duck, but probably had enough smarts. :smile::smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Our Vision

A free and democratic Canada where conservative principles are well articulated, understood, and implemented.

Our Values

· Individual freedom, worth and responsibility
· Free markets, freedom of choice and limited government
· Canada's cultural, religious and democratic traditions
· Strong families, and communities
· Principled and prepared leadership
· An informed, deliberative democracy
· Grassroots, democratic participation and decision-making

Our Mission

To equip the next generation of political leaders, particularly those who share our conservative values, with the ideas, skills, and networks necessary to serve the best interests of Canadians.

http://www.manningcentre.ca/

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
In 1989, I was in Vancouver for a convention. During a break, I decided to do some shopping and came across a Reform Party office. I went in and started reading some of the material they had on display. Before I left the office, I was a Reform Party member.

Preston Manning is still a hero of mine. I believe he truly has the best interests of Canadians at heart.

Thank you, Colpy.

That is interesting. My reaction was quite different. I was given a Reform Party policy booklet by an avid Reform Party supporter. After reading it I decided I wasn't really interested in supporting a neo-fascist party in Canada.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
:roll:
That is interesting. My reaction was quite different. I was given a Reform Party policy booklet by an avid Reform Party supporter. After reading it I decided I wasn't really interested in supporting a neo-fascist party in Canada.
:roll:

Oh don't be ridiculous!

What the hell is neo-fascist about recall, an elected Senate, free votes in Parliament, easier passage of private members' bills, electoral reform, the right to private property, sensible gun control, and referendums?????

Yep, the Reform Party.....Fascists for Freedom.:roll:

I think you need to do a little research on the meaning of the word fascism.

And yes, this stuff pisses me off, I put up with it for years, the Liberals being instructed to yell "racist" across the floor of the House at Reformers, who had the MOST multi-racial caucus in the House.......that little habit is a BIG reason why I absolutely LOATHE the Liberal Party of Canada. CBC Radio following suit, running months-old news stories of cabinet ministers calling Reform "the party of racists and fascists" repeating it over and over and over and over..... the day before a national election!!!!....the ****ing Ministry of Truth indeed!

:angryfire:I don't like being called a fascist.:angryfire:

You owe a sincere apology to every single person that was a Reform supporter on these threads.

Last edited:

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
the Reform party was the biggest mistake this country ever made.

their right winged, wacko crazy ideas really have made this country worse off.

No.

The Reform Party brought some honest concerns to parliament of a demographic that was largely ignored by the power brokers of the established parties. They were the original champions of balanced budgets. And they were never in position to implement the radical ideas that some on their fringe wanted to see become policy (and I don't think its necessarily a bad thing that fringe ideas get debated to determine their merits either: let the merit of the idea speak, not the place of origin).

The biggest mistake this country ever made was to elect that pseudo-communist, Trudeau: we're still dealing with his fallout.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
typical westerner. brainwashed by Neo Nazi, Reform/Conservative party.

no wonder this country is in shambles

they may be called Conservative party, but they're really Reform.

most of the members are from the former Party. all nutcases.

especially the nuttiest one of them all, Stockwell Day.. :roll: the man who thinks the earth is 6,000 years old.

If the Conservative (Reform) Party ever gets a majority, we're in deep trouble.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

... from the mouth of another lefty sheep.

Don't forget to cry "hidden agenda!" when you complain about the most transparent and democratic party in the nation in the past 50 years (if not longer): your diatribe wouldn't be complete without it...

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Got news for ya. I'm out west. I'm an Albertan but I haven't been brainwashed by the Reform Party's ridiculous ideas. Albertans and Saskatchewanians, have all been trying to find some way of getting back at the Liberals for their apparent "abuse" of the western region.

Conservative (reform) members are not what this country needs.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
:angryfire:I don't like being called a fascist.:angryfire:

You owe a sincere apology to every single person that was a Reform supporter on these threads.

Don't hold your breath. The kind of people who like to name call over politics are not usually honest enough to apologize for it.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
the Reform party was the biggest mistake this country ever made.

their right winged, wacko crazy ideas really have made this country worse off.

they may be called Conservative party, but they're really Reform.

most of the members are from the former Party. all nutcases.

especially the nuttiest one of them all, Stockwell Day.. :roll: the man who thinks the earth is 6,000 years old.

If the Conservative (Reform) Party ever gets a majority, we're in deep trouble.

Troll.

Typical Liberal, unable to debate a subject on its merits.

You have managed to insult at least a third of the Canadian electorate........the facts of our current Parliamentary make-up would seem to indicate that it is the Liberals that are completely out of touch with the people of Canada......

Oh, I know, you were blessed by God with the Unadulterated Truth, and as His Political Chosen People, were intended to be the Natural Governing Party forever and ever Amen.....

And now you are reduced to trolling on political message boards.......how far the mighty have fallen.

Pity.

NOT!
:lol:

Got news for ya. I'm out west. I'm an Albertan but I haven't been brainwashed by the Reform Party's ridiculous ideas. Albertans and Saskatchewanians, have all been trying to find some way of getting back at the Liberals for their apparent "abuse" of the western region.

Conservative (reform) members are not what this country needs.

And I've got news for you....I'm from the east coast, and I have yet to be brainwashed by the thieving, corrupt scum of the Liberal Party of Canada.

The Liberals are certainly not what this country needs........and obviously, more people agree with THAT stance than your own.