Should we legalize inter-species marriages?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
With all the concern over equal rights, when will this civil rights issue finally come to the fore?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sometimes I think Machjo spends too much time contemplating his navel. Although there is that guy in India that married a dog last year. Ya never know, we might catch up to the East Indians on this matter in the next hundred years or so.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Are you trying to equate humans you disagree with, with animals?

Animal rights laws dictate that they have no capacity for consent. To try to compare them in any way to human rights issues surrounding marriage is moronic.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Are you trying to equate humans you disagree with, with animals?

Animal rights laws dictate that they have no capacity for consent. To try to compare them in any way to human rights issues surrounding marriage is moronic.

Fluffy has the capacity to think therefore Fluffy can consent.

My Fluffy ran off with a St Bernard I have no complaints at least he is a Catholic

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
How can a gorilla consent to a contract?

OK, maybe that's going too far. But just to show how liberal Canada is, maybe we could allow marriages between close relatives, like parents and children, brothers and sisters and such. They can certainly give their consent, no?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
OK, maybe that's going too far. But just to show how liberal Canada is, maybe we could allow marriages between close relatives, like parents and children, brothers and sisters and such. They can certainly give their consent, no?
...8O