Another Liberal Scandal - Quebec -a la carte - and the menu is corruption.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Another Liberal Scandal - Quebec -
a la carte - and the menu is corruption.

Quebec's governing Liberal party routinely broke fund raising laws and Premier Jean Charest was aware of it, the province's former justice minister alleged Monday.

Yes I am aware that Charest was a Conservative. I smell blood and an Inquiry or Royal Commission into the Construction Industry, Judiciary Appointments and Liberal Fund Raising.

It will be difficult for Charest to place a straight jacket on any Inquiry or Royal Commission as to appointment of Judges -

That could bring in Harper as well - After all they make Judgements on Provincial and Federal Laws and regulation - I may be in error but do not think so.

If this does prove to be fact it will be bigger than Adscam - More than comparable to the corruption that was going on with the railways during their expansion West.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec/charest-knew-party-was-flouting-fundraising-laws-ex-minister-says/article1532050/

In an interview with Radio-Canada, ex-justice minister Marc Bellemare says stacks of cash were forked over by construction company bosses and illegally funnelled into party coffers.He says he warned the premier after witnessing those transactions — and says nothing happened as a result.Mr. Bellemare also says he was pressured into naming judges requested by the party's powerful fundraisers.He says he confronted the Premier twice — in the fall of 2003 and spring of 2004 — and demanded to know who named judges in the province: the justice minister or party bagmen?Mr. Bellemare made the allegations after hinting for weeks he was privy to unsavoury details about the Liberals.

Radio Canada Interview - As I do not speak French I think this is the one-

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2010/04/12/004-bellemare-entrevue.shtml

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

I can't wait to see the resident Liberals justify this, or ignore it altogether.

He was a Conservative - but the allegations from the story in the fall about Montreal and the Construction industry cried out for a Royal Commission -as they had in the 70's

If these allegations are true we now know why Charest was adamant against a having an Inquiry or Commission

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You speak french - did i find the correct interview - could not find it in english

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
He was a Conservative -
Key word..."was"...He left the CPoC in 98. But I'm sure some people will apply that past affiliation, and find it to be the cause of his present transgressions.

If these allegations are true we now know why Charest was adamant against a having an Inquiry or Commission
You think?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Key word..."was"...He left the CPoC in 98. But I'm sure some people will apply that past affiliation, and find it to be the cause of his present transgressions.

[/font]
You think?

Did some google searches - it is going viral - USA Today has a link to it - Looks like the Bloc will be the next govt in Quebec

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That's not good!

Depends - If these Judges have Federal laws to enforce along with Regs - Harper will be drawn in - and he is not fond of Charest - It is a no lose for him after the guergis - the bitch affair - He will be seen as stepping up to confront and investigate Political Corruption -

When it comes to the appointment of judges it goes to the heart of the Justice System - If he has the power he will - if not Charest will be forced to.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Graft and corruption have been the hallmarks of Canadian politics since day one. I am always surprised that people still think every instance is the first. It is the way the country is governed. It has nothing to do with this party or that. They all do it. But hey, bash away. It makes them happy that you are too busy to notice them sneaking up behind you with their pants down.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Graft and corruption have been the hallmarks of Canadian politics since day one. I am always surprised that people still think every instance is the first. It is the way the country is governed. It has nothing to do with this party or that. They all do it. But hey, bash away. It makes them happy that you are too busy to notice them sneaking up behind you with their pants down.
I think you miss the point Cliffy! This is a wonderful opportunity to see some good old fashioned baffle gab at it's best. It's a hoot to watch.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I expect you mean PQ, not Bloc. There is a slight difference.

Yes - PQ - Bloc - No difference really.
Both are separatist parties - Both are scum suckers in my opinion - Quebec can leave but with the original borders that they came with. One less place that AB would have to send money.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How nice and it looks like the Conservatives have got a scandal going in Ottawa. With all these "scandals" happenin' all the time I've finally figured out the main ingredient for a "scandal" is an opposition party. LOL

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
How nice and it looks like the Conservatives have got a scandal going in Ottawa. With all these "scandals" happenin' all the time I've finally figured out the main ingredient for a "scandal" is an opposition party. LOL
No silly, the main ingreedient, is politicians.

If you don't have those, the cake falls flat. :lol:

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Maybe its just me, but why is it most of this crap seems to happen in Quebec? We know the graft and pork barrel politics aren't limited to that province, but it seems most of the large scale stuff originates or takes place there. When you go by population (more people = more crooks), one would think more crap would happen in Ontario...

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Another Liberal Scandal - Quebec -
a la carte - and the menu is corruption.

Quebec's governing Liberal party routinely broke fund raising laws and Premier Jean Charest was aware of it, the province's former justice minister alleged Monday.

Yes I am aware that Charest was a Conservative. I smell blood and an Inquiry or Royal Commission into the Construction Industry, Judiciary Appointments and Liberal Fund Raising.

It will be difficult for Charest to place a straight jacket on any Inquiry or Royal Commission as to appointment of Judges -

That could bring in Harper as well - After all they make Judgements on Provincial and Federal Laws and regulation - I may be in error but do not think so.

If this does prove to be fact it will be bigger than Adscam - More than comparable to the corruption that was going on with the railways during their expansion West.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/quebec/charest-knew-party-was-flouting-fundraising-laws-ex-minister-says/article1532050/

In an interview with Radio-Canada, ex-justice minister Marc Bellemare says stacks of cash were forked over by construction company bosses and illegally funnelled into party coffers.He says he warned the premier after witnessing those transactions — and says nothing happened as a result.Mr. Bellemare also says he was pressured into naming judges requested by the party's powerful fundraisers.He says he confronted the Premier twice — in the fall of 2003 and spring of 2004 — and demanded to know who named judges in the province: the justice minister or party bagmen?Mr. Bellemare made the allegations after hinting for weeks he was privy to unsavoury details about the Liberals.

Radio Canada Interview - As I do not speak French I think this is the one-

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/Politique/2010/04/12/004-bellemare-entrevue.shtml

Are you seriously gloating about this, Goober? You really think that if Québec gets PQ government next time, it will be a good thing? Anything to give to the Liberals in the neck, eh? According to you, even PQ government seems preferable to Liberals.

Well, that is cutting of one’s own nose to spite someone else. What you seem to be saying is that you would much rather have a separatist government in Québec rather than a federalist government, if that federalist government is a liberal government.

Anyway, there is a huge scandal with corruption and patronage going on in Ottawa at present. Did you post a thread on that? Or does your wrath, anger only extend to Liberal corruption?

Anyway, currently it seems to be only allegation, I prefer to wait to see what comes out of it.