Suggestions for new GG

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
A new GG will be selected this year. I believe a fantastic, intellectual pick would be, Preston Manning. Manning for GG.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Did you say intellectual? Preston Manning is about as intellectual as a toad. So far as I am concerned there is no reason not to keep the one we have.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A new GG will be selected this year. I believe a fantastic, intellectual pick would be, Preston Manning. Manning for GG.
I see. You want a Harperite. "Yasser massa, Ser! Whateber you say Ser." Isn't Harper Preston's protege? They are definitely intellectual equals. Neither can hold a candle to the present GG.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
The PM has already asked Rick Hansen to be the GG. While it seems to be rumoured that Rick Hansen will likely turn the position down because he wants to raise money for stem cell research, I don't see why he cannot do both. I'm in favour of him for our new GG.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Harper will never pick the founder of the Reform party as GG just for one reason is he can't control Preston Manning.

Preston might torpedo the Conservative party and might question him when he asks to prorogue the government later this year.

Our Prime Minister needs a yes man in there that he can control even after the Conservatives end up in the opposition seats.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The recession demands belt tightening so a poodle or a small terrier would be in order or a dummy something that eats little requires a tiny house and always responds when you pull the string. A large rubber stamp would be too impersonal. Preston Manning is too big and hasn't been neutered so he'd be pissing on all the rose bushes and chasing cars.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The recession demands belt tightening so a poodle or a small terrier would be in order or a dummy something that eats little requires a tiny house and always responds when you pull the string. A large rubber stamp would be too impersonal. Preston Manning is too big and hasn't been neutered so he'd be pissing on all the rose bushes and chasing cars.
Sounds to me like you're setting the requirements so you best suit the position there beve...:lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Where do you get off being so familiar, we have never met. Please remember your place, it's Mr Beaver or Doctor Beaver.:smile:
:lol:...I can't even bring myself to give you the courtesy I give even small children, wounded animals and pond scum.

Why would I do anything but call you beave.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Iggy wants to be king. GG is a close second. There are no real job skills involved so a teacher could probably do it. The bonus is that a knowledge of Canada is not a prerequisite as long as you speak French.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We could do a lot worse than General(ret.) Rick Hillier.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Since the post of the Governor General is a totally phony and unnecessary position, he might as well go with the name that would coincide with the post.