Liberals "shill for votes"...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"To this observer, it seems that Liberals today don't stand for much in the way of principles," Fowler said.

"I have the impression that they will endorse anything and everything which might return them to power and nothing which won't, whatever the merits of either. It's all about getting to power, and it shows."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fowler also doled out criticism to the Conservatives, explaining he had difficulty doing so as Prime Minister Stephen Harper and his government brought him home from the hostage ordeal while Edwin Dyer, his British colleague, was killed.
"I owe a debt to Mr. Harper and I am all too aware that such criticism is a rather churlish way of repaying it," he said, before accusing the government of brushing aside Canada's 50-year heritage of engagement in Africa "for reasons of political opportunism."
Now that's calling it like you see it.

I will admit, even though my contempt for Trudeau is based solely on his misguided policies, I still respect the man for his convictions. Again, even though they were detrimental, he didn't do it to shill for votes, he did it because he thought it was the right thing to do. No matter how wrong they were.

dreamwatcher

Mar 17, 2010
Edmonton
i agree. Ignatiaff (sp) looked out of place at the think tank. He was wandering around looking for someone to talk to. Didn't see anyone engaging him in a conversation, during the breaks, (on television) It is obvious that the Liberals are hungry for power, but so are all of the other political parties. Liberals just can't seem to find a real leader. Wonder why that is? There doesn't seem to be anyone willing and capable of bringing this party together.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
i agree. Ignatiaff (sp) looked out of place at the think tank. He was wandering around looking for someone to talk to. Didn't see anyone engaging him in a conversation, during the breaks, (on television) It is obvious that the Liberals are hungry for power, but so are all of the other political parties.
Which is why the people will never be truly represented. There are no political parties that are willing to slit their own throats for the good of the country.

Liberals just can't seem to find a real leader. Wonder why that is?
Because they keep looking for a politician to lead them? lol.

There doesn't seem to be anyone willing and capable of bringing this party together.
If that's even possible.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
'To this observer, it seems that Liberals today don't stand for much in the way of principles'

I'm shocked.

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Liberal party is a bankrupt party. Anyone who votes for them now is ignorant of their 15+ year history before Harper.

These liberals are really just a big collection of crooks and con-men. They don't care about anything.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Like hubby and I keep saying, Gliberals desperately want power. And what they do when they get it (besides trying to fill their bank accounts and the bank accounts of their buddies) is act upon what they think the public thinks. And sometimes what they think the public thinks and what the public actually does think are two different things.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
They ALL shill for votes, it is sickening......but the only way any party ever gets a national majority......

I will say one thing for the Conservatives......no corruption (so far)........no tens of millions for their political Party, no mobsters in Cabinet......

That, and their stand on gun control and foreign affairs is enough to keep me voting for them.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Shilling for votes? Is that anything like the continual mailouts I get from my MP touting Conservative policies? Or the Action Plan commercials praising the response of the government to the recession?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Shilling for votes? Is that anything like the continual mailouts I get from my MP touting Conservative policies? Or the Action Plan commercials praising the response of the government to the recession?
The liberals do mail outs as well....

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The Conservatives were supposed to get a majority but the Prime Minister is a captain of a ship of fools.

Stephen Harper's akiles heel is the Reform wing of the Conservative party.

If the Conservatives could get rid of the Reform from their party then they would have the majority.

This is why the Liberal party will save the day and win the next federal election with a majority and get rid of the Conservative deficit.

Canada needs a majority government to go forward and fix the problems and the Conservative party is showing Canadians that they are not up to do the job.

The Conservative party has proved that they are effective as an opposition party and in that role they can help bring Canada to where it should be.

It's time for the Liberal party of Canada to take reins of government and bring us into the future.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Oh curse those evil Liberals...

Meanwhile the conservative government has us fighting in Afghanistan for a government that represents few if any of our values(unless you're for the herion trade, torture and election rigging). Harper has firmly wrapped the Canada flag around his party in one of the most cynical actions of any politician in our history in pursuit of just a bit more power.

All parties shill for votes, it's what the whole friggin' system is based on... what are the Liberals supposed to do, just sit back and HOPE people vote for them.:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oh curse those evil Liberals...

Meanwhile the conservative government has us fighting in Afghanistan for a government that represents few if any of our values(unless you're for the herion trade, torture and election rigging). Harper has firmly wrapped the Canada flag around his party in one of the most cynical actions of any politician in our history in pursuit of just a bit more power.

All parties shill for votes, it's what the whole friggin' system is based on... what are the Liberals supposed to do, just sit back and HOPE people vote for them.:lol:

How about they actually BE better than the other guys? Party politics doesn't work for the people.