What exactly is Canada's place in the world?

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
You do discuss national politics, but no one has actually said or discussed exactly what is Canada's place in the world. I see where you grumble a lot about little things going on in Canada, but not much substance about how you can solve anything logically. It seems to always be someone else's fault.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Canada’s Place in the World

I think that Canadians make a big deal out of the “little things” domestically because we know that our nation has not yet reached its full potential as a sovereign and self-sustaining kingdom. As should be quite obvious from observing the various discussions that happen here on CanadianContent.net, Canadians take great pride in their country, and have strong opinions on how to achieve national priorities and goals (and what those priorities and goals should be).

Canadians’ passion on domestic issues is demonstrative of passionate Canadian conversation and debate in general, and one of the most comprehensive governmental decision-making processes in the world. I think that our place in the world, if not now then later on in the life of our kingdom, is as an influential peacebroker on the international stage — and as a shining example of how a nation should be governed and how a society should develop.

If there is “grumbling”, it is because a problem cannot be solved without very clearly and in the most precise possible terms defining what the problem is — and the consequences thereof, and of any alternative courses of action.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
We don't worry about a place in the world. It's right up here on the northern end of the continent. Why don't you worry a bit more about how you can fit in?

Why does there have to be sides? The topic is taken from "Canadian Politics - We discuss national politics and Canada's place in the world."

You are the hat on the head of the continent, guess you locked us in.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We teach other nations how to manage financial systems. One of Canada's largest banks has designed and is in the process of helping China's largest bank create and manage mutual funds. Canadians are also instrumental in helping teach the Chinese how to create, price and trade derivatives. Of course, everyone is learning from Canada how to manage banks.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Lone wolf
So ... tell us again. Who it is you're rooting for?

but no one has actually said or discussed exactly what is Canada's place in the world
That's too funny .

In order to know what's your place in a world you have to know what the world is(besides Canada) lol

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
I find my country, Canada, to be the biggest suck-ass country in the world.:smile:

You do discuss national politics, but no one has actually said or discussed exactly what is Canada's place in the world. I see where you grumble a lot about little things going on in Canada, but not much substance about how you can solve anything logically. It seems to always be someone else's fault.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You are the hat on the head of the continent, guess you locked us in.
Depends on your vantage point. We may be the diaper. Right now, we seem to the US's flunky to some, a leader to others. To ourselves, the opinions are as divers as those who express an opinion.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

Because most of everything, not all of the other stuff is actually someone elses fault ......

You guys were there once, they called it the civil war... This is our version of the civil war.... We have to get our stuff straight...

Hey why pick on us, what about iceland when was the last time you heard about iceland:canada:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Fairly depressing comments. We are in a part of the world that is isolated, we only border one country and have little interaction with other countries on a regular basis. We have most of the resources we need to live well.

Take Denmark, they build windmills because relying on energy from Russia is a gamble. We just don't depend on another country for our material well being, so we lack interest in other parts of the world.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
We teach other nations how to manage financial systems. One of Canada's largest banks has designed and is in the process of helping China's largest bank create and manage mutual funds. Canadians are also instrumental in helping teach the Chinese how to create, price and trade derivatives. Of course, everyone is learning from Canada how to manage banks.

Quite so, Kreskin. IMF has rated Canada’s banking system as No. 1 in the world, Swedish banks are second (by comparison, American banks rank No, 40 in the world).

And not only China, the last I read, Ireland and Iceland are trying to reorganize their banking system along the lines of Canadian banking system.

Indeed, for the past several decades, banks have given a return to 13 or 14 % every year (on the average) for the shareholders. Investing in Canadian banks is a no brainer.