Queen is to visit June 28-July 6

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: The Queen’s Homecoming

I’m very excited that we have another homecoming for Her Majesty The Queen on its way.

I think it’s a fabulous testament to the peaceful and friendly nature of Canadians that we have become a strong, independent and sovereign kingdom of our own — and that independence was achieved not through bloodshed or conflict, but through peaceful negotiations and the natural progression of democracy. Now we are lucky enough to have one of the most stable, flexible and effective systems of government in the world, with our Canadian take on constitutional monarchy; this is something that Canadians across the country should be very proud of.

I also applaud The Right Honourable Stephen Harper P.C., M.P. (Calgary Southwest), the Prime Minister of Canada, for his clearly monarchist sentiments in his announcement of The Queen’s upcoming return. This should be a duty of each and every first minister in the Commonwealth of Nations, and it’s exciting to have a prime minister who clearly has pride in constitutional monarchy and in our unique Canadian heritage.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Queen E visiting? I cannot portray my excitement enough. If you could see me, my expression would look similar to this fellow's expression:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I also think this queen is pretty awesome, too:

She is Queen Rania of Jordan. :)