Conservatives Are Six Seats Away From A Majority

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

The Conservative party has come a long way and is just six members shy of a majority.

This means two members from each the three opposition parties to cross the floor and they are in.

In the past the Conservatives have had a couple of members of the opposition cross the floor and the Conservatives do anything to accomplish this ie; the Cadman tapes.

The Conservatives know that for the right incentives any MP can be bought.

The NDP will never become the ruling party so the MPs from that party will cross first.

The Bloc is in the same boat there will be MPs coming from that party.

The Liberals have a chance of becoming the ruling party so the MPs from that party will be harder to buy off.

In the New Year the Conservatives will have their majority then God help us all

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't know how often this has to be said for people to get it. LIBERALS, CONSERVATIVES, N.D.P.- they are all tarred with the same brush, ALL, aspire to achieve Gov't. status, so they can get their snouts into the trough and stuff their pockets and enjoy expense paid trips flitting around the country and the rest of the world to very little advantage for us who support them. Very few intelligent people with skills and ability are interested in these jobs.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

The Conservative party has come a long way and is just six members shy of a majority.

This means two members from each the three opposition parties to cross the floor and they are in.

In the past the Conservatives have had a couple of members of the opposition cross the floor and the Conservatives do anything to accomplish this ie; the Cadman tapes.

The NDP will never become the ruling party so the MPs from that party will cross first.

The Liberals have a chance of becoming the ruling party so the MPs from that party will be harder to buy off.

Your point being ?

If it should be the case then so be it.. If the opposition so falls, then it was their misdoing that brought it upon them. It was up to Canadians to decide and so they did..

Canadians picked the Government in power. Good or bad it was elected and should it gain majority it is still at the will of Canadian voters hands.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

We'll all go to hell in a hand basket together!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Not just that, but by January, the prime minister should have appointed enough honourable senators to make Her Majesty’s Government for Canada in the Senate a majority as well.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Your point being ?

If it should be the case then so be it.. If the opposition so falls, then it was their misdoing that brought it upon them. It was up to Canadians to decide and so they did..

Canadians picked the Government in power. Good or bad it was elected and should it gain majority it is still at the will of Canadian voters hands.

When the Liberals and the New Democrats and the Bloc signed the agreement they could have seized power and that’s why Harper had to prorogued the parliament.

In the eighties in Ontario the Progressive Conservatives won a minority but on the first day in power the Liberals with the support of the NDP took control of the government and the voters were powerless to do anything.

The only time that the voter has the power is on election day after that it’s just political manoeuvring

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

The only time that the voter has the power is on election day after that it’s just political manoeuvring

How does the Voter have control or power on Election day ?

You cast a ballot and from that you hope the person or party you voted for gets elected and remains honest. You have no control if a back room deal is made in a minority situation.

Did the voters of Vancouver Kingsway have a voice in David Emerson's choice of changing from Liberal to Conservative right after the election ?

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
Liberalman - I get where you are coming from - but I no longer care. If Canadians want a majority Harper government - so be it.

Maybe after 4 to 5 years of Harper rule, they will get the idea.

Note - I said Harper rule - he is no conservative.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
...so...close!...so...close!...must help...cam - PAIGN!!!!

*alley tries to push through the mob of liberals to reach the podium - BUT there's too many of them!!!*

Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Liberalman - I get where you are coming from - but I no longer care. If Canadians want a majority Harper government - so be it.

Maybe after 4 to 5 years of Harper rule, they will get the idea.

Do we really want to spend $1/3 billion on the off change we could switch from Tweedledee to Tweedledum?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Do we really want to spend $1/3 billion on the off change we could switch from Tweedledee to Tweedledum?

I know, I wish he would get his majority, then at least we could get away from
that silly game they are playing, inside of the game they always play.
None of them actually give a flying f*** about any of 'us' at all, never have,
and never will, they sure love our money though.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I know, I wish he would get his majority, then at least we could get away from
that silly game they are playing, inside of the game they always play.
None of them actually give a flying f*** about any of 'us' at all, never have,
and never will, they sure love our money though.

You have the right idea, Talloola. Well, I think it's about time to hit the hay...:lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Most people aren't. I had to laugh yesterday when I heard a poll that in supposedly "right wing" Alberta, 61% don't think the government is doing a good enough job with the H1N1 vaccinations. Conservatives are supposed to be for less government but that doesn't stop them from whining that the government isn't doing enough.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Most people aren't. I had to laugh yesterday when I heard a poll that in supposedly "right wing" Alberta, 61% don't think the government is doing a good enough job with the H1N1 vaccinations. Conservatives are supposed to be for less government but that doesn't stop them from whining that the government isn't doing enough.

That's Human Nature Cannuck, you've probably noticed when things are going well for a person he/she thinks he/she is the best, but when they go wrong it's someone else's fault.

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario

I agree. Most people vote for "a" party because they are too stupid to look at what the party is actually about, and go for the packaging.

The Conservative Party is well branded, and well packaged - and people will vote for them because, well, they are the Conservative Party. If you bothered to look at their record, they are anything but - but we better vote for them because Liberals are bad, NDP are stupid, Greens are tree huggers... etc.

I'm going either Independant or Rhino next election....(please let there be a Rhino candidate in my riding...please Santa....)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Conservative Majority

Oh please. No such thing is going to happen and if by some miracle it does, it will be about time. Our country is in good sound hands under the Conservatives. If all the praise from the G7 countries doesn't move you then the fact the minority government of Stephen Harper has been able to weather the recession (which was no fault of our own) and begin to come out of it way ahead of all other G7 countries.
Majority or minority, the Conservatives have a steady hand on the tiller of this ship of state, and I for one, am extremely thankful.

But then, that's just my opinion. ;-)

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Majority of one bunch is not much different than a majority of another bunch. Either one means the population lost.