Big win for Tories

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Cons scored a big win last night winning 2 of 4 by-elections. Good on you Stevie-boy.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The Cons scored a big win last night winning 2 of 4 by-elections. Good on you Stevie-boy.

Yep.

Reports of the death of the Conservative Party in Quebec appear to have been exagerated.

Honestly, I suspect the gun registry vote won them the seat in this very rural riding.......

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
yup yup yup....go blue..... maybe they'll increase the defene budget even more so they can send even more of our kids to kill and be killed ,so everyone has even more of a reason to whine and cry every nov. 11.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I'm not sure this is much of a sign of anything. I am sure that Harper has not proved himself as anything but a mediocre leader, and a petty neoconservative ideologue. At the just completed meeting of G20 Finance Ministers, Flaherty dismissed one of the most sensible ideas to contain the growth of derivatives, which has become a plague bascillus on the world's financial system.

That was proposed by British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, and involved putting a transaction tax on all financial transfers beyond a set threshold, to contain the speculative fever that has gripped global financial markets. Much of those transactions are simply parasitic, offering nothing of value in real trade or investment.

It goes to show me that Harper and Flaherty have not the competence or understanding to manage Canada's economy and giving them a majority would be disastrous for this country.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

How sweet it is. Would love to have been a fly on the wall at Iggy's place when he got the news. In poll after poll, the party is ahead of the Libs and every poll is music to my Conservative ears.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
yup yup yup....go blue..... maybe they'll increase the defene budget even more so they can send even more of our kids to kill and be killed ,so everyone has even more of a reason to whine and cry every nov. 11.

Maybe they will increase the defence budget so that our Armed Forces have everything they need to be the best equipped force in the field. Then maybe, they will finance much-needed ice-breakers for the North.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Does this mean Harper will call another election?

I highly doubt there will be an election call anytime soon. It would not be a good idea for any of the parties to force one. Canadians don't want or need an election. It would be an terrible use of money at a time when government finances are tight, to say the least.

I believe the Conservatives understand this and are biding their time.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I highly doubt there will be an election call anytime soon. It would not be a good idea for any of the parties to force one. Canadians don't want or need an election. It would be an terrible use of money at a time when government finances are tight, to say the least.

I believe the Conservatives understand this and are biding their time.

Yep, the last think this country needs is a pretense of democracy!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
They should! They lack self confidence!

They sure do!

And it appears for good reason. The conventional wisdom is that whomever forces an election is in deep trouble with the electorate....look at how Liberal numbers crashed immediately when Iggu threatened non-confidence......

The Conservatives win by default. Too weird. Kinda very Canadian though.