Conservative tripe

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
CONSERVATIVE TRIPE

Just because one call themselves a Conservative doesn’t mean they are one just a Reformer in Conservative clothes.

For some reason our prime minister is honouring a former prime minister who broke a major promise like not touching the National Energy Program which resulted in a major fracture of the Progressive Conservative party that split the country politically to east and west with the formation of a new separatist party called the Reform party.

For Brian Mulroney’s accomplishments this prime minister doesn’t even come close like the elected senate promise.

The Progressive Conservatives won back-to-back majorities because they kept most of their promises

Our prime minister feels that we should honour Brian so lets honour him for a positive event like Canada’s first woman prime minister that became the human sacrifice when the voters (many of them Reformers) viciously ripped apart the Progressive Conservatives so Canadians could enjoy three terms of Liberal majorities.

Statement by Prime Minister Stephen Harper

Statement by Prime Minister Stephen Harper
September 04, 2009

Prime Minister Stephen Harper made the following statement regarding the 25th anniversary of Canada’s historic 1984 Federal Election.

“On September 4, 1984, the people of Canada elected a conservative government and Brian Mulroney as Canada’s 18th Prime Minister. The results of that election not only changed Canada’s government, but also changed the course of our country’s history.

“After more than twenty years of almost unbroken rule of Liberal governments, Canadian voters turned the page on the failed policies of economic nationalism and a narrow vision of the Canadian federation.

“In its place, Canadians chose a government that negotiated the historic Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement, made concrete action on the environment, worked with the provinces in areas of shared responsibilities, abolished the National Energy Program and stood up for Canadian values on the world stage by being a reliable NATO ally and actively opposing the apartheid regime in South Africa.

“I am deeply appreciative of the significant public policy achievements that occurred under that government. The fundamental strength of our economy is in no small part due to this legacy. Canada today is a stronger, prouder place due to the decision rendered by Canadian voters 25years ago.”

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Typical Liberal.....believes Canada should be a one party state........

BTW, try to get it straight....Mulroney was brought down by Reform.....the old Reformers are NOT Mulroney supporters, the very reason d'etre of the Reform Party was loathing of Brian Mulroney.

Geezus!!!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Typical Liberal.....believes Canada should be a one party state........

BTW, try to get it straight....Mulroney was brought down by Reform.....the old Reformers are NOT Mulroney supporters, the very reason d'etre of the Reform Party was loathing of Brian Mulroney.

Geezus!!!
Facts are not the LPoC's, nor Liberalkid's strong suit Colpy.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Facts are that after two conservative majorities liberals got three majorities and a minority and the conservatives can't get a majority thats a fact jack.

Canada works better when there is a majority more gets done.

Minorities can be good if all parties work together but the Conservatives don't want comprimises and the Liberals supported the Conservatives for many years but Harper still does not get it that a minority is comprimise not a majority.

I found over the years that the Conservative party is more effective as an opposition party

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Facts are that after two conservative majorities liberals got three majorities and a minority and the conservatives can't get a majority thats a fact jack.

Minorities can be good if all parties work together but the Conservatives don't want comprimises and the Liberals supported the Conservatives for many years but Harper still does not get it that a minority is comprimise not a majority.

I found over the years that the Conservative party is more effective as an opposition party

The Liberals can't get ELECTED, that's a fact, Jack.........

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Everything is seen through horse blinders depending from which political leaning you are. Its to a point where even if something is true I am at a point of not even looking deeper as i see where it comes from. Same rehtorics, same agenda , be it liberal be it conservative or democrat or republican. YOU ALL SUCK!!!@!

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Is that why Harper is afraid to call an election or will he just porrogue the House before a confidence vote.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
And your point? That has nothing to do with the hyperbole you spewed out in the OP.

This is true, and one needs only to look as far back as Cretin, to see how that power corrupted absolutely.

:lol:

Harpo bears some responsiblity in that, I will concede, but you want to lay it all on him. That's just BS and you know it, or at least you should.

I've found over the years that there isn't a single political party worth shining my boots.

The Liberals can't get ELECTED, that's a fact, Jack.........
I wouldn't say that Colpy. The next time around, we may get another silly Liberal party to replace this silly Conservative one.

Everything is seen through horse blinders depending from which political leaning you are. Its to a point where even if something is true I am at a point of not even looking deeper as i see where it comes from. Same rehtorics, same agenda , be it liberal be it conservative or democrat or republican. YOU ALL SUCK!!!@!
The Gov't teat?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Not as much as the Conservatives and the NDP.

Liberals are the only ones that will bring jobs back to Canada

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Not as much as the Conservatives and the NDP.

Liberals are the only ones that will bring jobs back to Canada
Wheres the proof in that? To me thats selling your chickens before they are hatched .
How can anyone take a statement like that seriously unless your totoally politically biased !

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Harper has lost the support of Quebec and more people are listening to Iggy's message in the west especially Conservative vote rich Alberta.

In Quebec the BLOC is sinking and the people in that province can identify with Iggy.

Harper is panicking and is not listening to his inner circle just like Stockwell Day when he was leader.

When the Liberals win the majority then the Conservatives can elect a new leader because the Prime Minister is burning out fast.