Afghan Religion And Democracy Collide

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
9/11 is a date that people will never forget. This is the time when the world changed and the war drums began to beat loud.

Bin Laden has to be hunted like a rabbit dog and shot for his part of the plan to destroy the heart of the financial community by having two planes fly into the World Trade Centre and killing more than three thousand people.

The intelligent community tracked down Bin Laden hiding in Afghanistan and the mighty American war machine went to that country and demanded that he be handed to them and the Taliban refused then boots on the ground marched into that country and tried in vain to capture him to no avail.

As time went on the Americans decided to that Afghanistan needed a face-lift and a regime change so they dismantled the government and installed a Christian government giving the people freedom and equality for all.

They told the people of Afghanistan that this is their government and they have a right to govern as they wished.

Women did not have to hide themselves in clothing and they had all the rights that a man has which went against their religious beliefs

This infuriated the Taliban and they put the call out for help to get rid of these invaders.

After many hundreds of Canadian and American soldiers gave their lives for freedom the Afghan government passed a law that took away the rights of women and put the country back to the way they were before the Americans came knocking at their door.

Democracy is the will of the people and religion is the will of God.

Now it is up to Canada and America to decide are they going to force their values on Afghanistan like the Spanish inquisition?

Would the allied forces be willing to have a referendum and let the people decide the role women have in an afghan society?

We have to remember that our soldiers were there to find and exterminate Bin Laden not for regime change.

The people of Afghanistan have spoken they want their religious freedoms.

Will Canada and America listen?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I sensed this year Canada will be out of Afghanistan before 2011, now I am absolutely sure of it. With new laws today passed by Karzai reducing women's rights, our reason for being there fades even more. Which was the point of this law.
International dismay as Karzai backs law ravaging women's rights

Law would legalize rape within marriage, UN says, putting damper on summit hopes and outraging ministers

DOUG SAUNDERS April 1, 2009

globeandmail.com: International dismay as Karzai backs law ravaging women's rights

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
That is the problem with some parts of the world were they confuse religion because of tribal demented uncivilized mentality.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Well, if history repeats itself, Harper is just going to sit back and let every other country come up with a decision by which he will then follow regarding the use of our military presence in Afghanistan. As he likes to ask the opposition, 'what is your plan?' just prior to stealing their ideas and platform. He takes credit for what he inherits (like our surpluses which he blew), but blames his failures on everyone else.

It is my best guess that the only reason Taliban Harper lays off Taliban Jack most of the time is to keep the NDP around so he'll know what all his decisions will be in future.

Whether it's a huge stimulus, or dialogue with the Taliban. Jack Layton will chart the course, take all the heat for it and then after everyone has expended themselves on Jack, Harper will adopt and convince Canadians IT'S ALL GOOD. That deficits aren't bad anymore, that engaging the Taliban isn't bad anymore, that saying we can't defeat the Taliban isn't bad anymore, that increasing government, increasing spending... it isn't bad anymore. IT'S ALL GOOD, it's all Conservative! Harper Conservatism! Now let's give him that majority!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I sensed this year Canada will be out of Afghanistan before 2011, now I am absolutely sure of it. With new laws today passed by Karzai reducing women's rights, our reason for being there fades even more. Which was the point of this law.
International dismay as Karzai backs law ravaging women's rights

Law would legalize rape within marriage, UN says, putting damper on summit hopes and outraging ministers

DOUG SAUNDERS April 1, 2009

globeandmail.com: International dismay as Karzai backs law ravaging women's rights

You gotta love reading about crap like this. This isn't about Democracy, it's about humanity and the fact that women there are not shown it.:angryfire:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Until now I was on the fence as to whether we should stay in Afghanistan beyond 2011. Our work is not finished there and I could see arguments for continuing beyond 2011. I thought that Americans need our help, and it may be appropriate to help them.

No more. With this law, I am not sure there is much difference between the current regime and the Taliban. I see no reason why Canadian soldiers should die, just to prop up Taliban type regime.

Now I fully support Canada getting out by 2011 (earlier, if possible). I think Afghanis and the Taliban deserve each other.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I see no point in staying beyond 2011. Even they who interpret withdrawal as victory know what term and scheduled departure means. I objected to the deployment because I believe the cause was a fib. I supported our troops no matter what wrong I felt was the war. To leave early would be a grave error.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Rabbit dog, more like rabid religious types in Asia.

That Karzai, just goes to show you, even in the poorest country in the world, it can be tough to buy a puppet for long. This is really ruining the script for the war on terror puppeteers. Time to declare victory, go home and patrol the Arctic with some vigour.

Train a few police, build schools and hospitals, not much else we can do.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I guess we'll have to find another reason for being in the Big A besides "women's rights" and "sending little girls to school."

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
The problem is if you let people vote away the rights of others. Thats the difference between mob rule and a consitutional republic.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If this 'law' is upheld by the karzi government, and he supports it, then all bets are
off, and canada and others should turn and walk away, as it is a 'futile' endeavour,
to try and help make women's lives better in that country, when the government
is doing the opposite.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
FINALLY!! I knew all along that the "women have full rights thanks to our efforts" thing was obvious BS, and now here it is in plain sight for all the folks who can't see facts and form solid conclusions for themselves.

And now we have the satisfaction of knowing that our tax dollars and dead soldiers actually facilitated this.

We should just rip the band-aid off now, it's gonna sting no matter how long we wait. Losing even one more Canadian voer there in support of that nonsense is pointless- to quote Tina Turner "we don't need another 'hero'"

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
The intelligent community tracked down Bin Laden hiding in Afghanistan and the mighty American war machine went to that country and demanded that he be handed to them and the Taliban refused then boots on the ground marched into that country and tried in vain to capture him to no avail.

Actually, this is not quite right. The intelligence community tracked him down, and the US demanded that be allowed to go in and get him. The Taliban said "No, but we will give him to you - we just don't want you in our country."

This wasn't good enough for the US - so THEN they went in, destabilized the country, and the rest is history.

This "war" was never about democracy, or freeing women, or anything else. It was simply the US getting revenge on Bin Laden - who is still "out there," and now we've destabilized an entire region, including countries that HAVE nuclear weapons (aka Pakistan).

People need to realize that "we" (aka the West) cannot export democracy, freedom, equality, etc... it has to grow from within. Afganistan will never change until Afganis want and institute the change themselves.

Until that time, we are wasting OUR soldier's lives and OUR tax dollars for a PR campaign that is failing miserably.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Actually, this is not quite right. The intelligence community tracked him down, and the US demanded that be allowed to go in and get him. The Taliban said "No, but we will give him to you - we just don't want you in our country."

This wasn't good enough for the US - so THEN they went in, destabilized the country, and the rest is history.

Can you prove this assertion, because it is not he way I remember it.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

That's what my understanding is, too.

This "war" was never about democracy, or freeing women, or anything else. It was simply the US getting revenge on Bin Laden - who is still "out there," and now we've destabilized an entire region, including countries that HAVE nuclear weapons (aka Pakistan).

People need to realize that "we" (aka the West) cannot export democracy, freedom, equality, etc... it has to grow from within. Afganistan will never change until Afganis want and institute the change themselves.
Seems to me that the Taliban went there and forced tyranny.

Until that time, we are wasting OUR soldier's lives and OUR tax dollars for a PR campaign that is failing miserably.
Seems so.