Is Harper a pod person?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
What do you think?

Harper has now admitted that we can't defeat the taliban like those terrible Liberals and Taliban Jack have stating been for years, we're now even willing to talk with the "murdering scumbags" as Rick Hillier refered to them as he was boosting the conservatives in the press in few years back.

Harper now claims to be greener than Obama, even though earlier in his mandate he earned world condemnation for his lack of a plan to deal with CO2 emmissions from the petrochemical industry.

Last fall he claimed this country wouldn't feel the same sort of economic pain other nations have been experiencing and massive deficit spending wouldn't be neccesary and now we're looking at undoing the years of Liberal fiscal responsibility and returning to Mulroney style debt-loading on the backs of average Canadians(hey buddy can you spare $64 billion?)

One of two things is happening here:

1. Harper has been replaced by a pod person.

or

2. He really doesn't stand for anything besides his own narrow self-interest and will say anything and compromise this countries future just to stay in power.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
What do you think?

Harper has now admitted that we can't defeat the taliban like those terrible Liberals and Taliban Jack have stating been for years, we're now even willing to talk with the "murdering scumbags" as Rick Hillier refered to them as he was boosting the conservatives in the press in few years back.

Harper now claims to be greener than Obama, even though earlier in his mandate he earned world condemnation for his lack of a plan to deal with CO2 emmissions from the pertro chemical industry.

Last fall he claimed this country wouldn't feel the same sort of economic pain other nations have been experiencing and massive deficit spending wouldn't be neccesary and now we're looking at undoing the years of Liberal fiscal responsibility and returning to Mulroney style debt-loading on the backs of average Canadians(hey buddy can you spare $64 billion?)

or

2. He really doesn't stand for anything besides his own narrow self-interest and will say anything and compromise this countries future just to stay in power.

I know some pod people and they would never stoop so low, so option one is out

As for option two. That has been apparent to just about everyone since the last election. He say or do whatever will save his butt with no compunction to any sort of moral or value issue.

Want a crack shack in Rosedale...no problem vote for me. Harpo the Flip flopin genie boy

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Harper is just someone who believes a good leader is someone who sees which the crowd is going and then runs out in front.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
What do you think?

Harper now claims to be greener than Obama, even though earlier in his mandate he earned world condemnation for his lack of a plan to deal with CO2 emmissions from the petrochemical industry.

or

The man is a cowered HE HAS NO POLITICAL BALLS AND HE LOOKS STUPID ON EVERY APPEARANCE HE MAKES, HE IS UNCOMFORTABLE SMILING BECAUSE THAT IS THE PERSONALITY OF A LYING CHEAT.
Wait and see at the end Harper will go out looking like the looser who though Government is a one man show, the rest of them MP s are there just to PROTECT THE Con seats. After Harper is done with Canada the Canadian people will be wandering where they went wrong on the last election.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Good Day Socrates. I think the Canadian economy will start to
improve (on its own) this summer, in spite of Government
interventions that only drag out a slump, and Mr. Harper will be
in place to take the credit. His political lifespan might be longer
than anyone pictures at this point. :lol::lol::lol:

The description you use for Stephen Harper would fit for almost
every successful politician. It goes with the territory....8O

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What do you think?

or

First of all, Harper did not say the fight in Afghanistan was useless, nor did he say NATO should withdraw.....he merely indicated that the fight to keep Afghanistan out of the clutches of Islamofascism will be on-going.........be it us or the rebuilt Afghan Army doing the fighting. Insurgencies may be repressed, but they don't usually disappear, no matter what happens, or what deals are made....witness recent events in Northern Ireland.....oh, BTW, the Taliban are remain "murdering scumbags"....

As for Green with Obama.....he is merely acting in the nation's best interests....Obama is green, we sell our oil to Obama.....

As for the Liberal budget, a gross miscalculation on the part of Harper. He should have let the Libs have the damn gov't....let them wear the blame for the recession (although obviously NEITHER is at fault in that regard), let them try to run everything under Dion while paying off the Seditious Party of Canada for 18 months........and then taken an EASY majority in the next election....but I'm not his political tactician. Instead, he is giving the Liberals everything they want.....against his better judgement.

I think Harper is a decent man, relatively speaking, although deeply flawed (as we all are) he is an absolute saint compared to Jean Chretien, or Lyin Brian, or Pierre Trudeau for that matter.

The unfortunate thing is Harper is the best PM we've had since Louis St Laurent. Sigh.

That's bad.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Good Day Socrates. I think the Canadian economy will start to
improve (on its own) this summer, in spite of Government
interventions that only drag out a slump, and Mr. Harper will be
in place to take the credit. His political lifespan might be longer
than anyone pictures at this point. :lol::lol::lol:

The description you use for Stephen Harper would fit for almost
every successful politician. It goes with the territory....8O
Good day Ron, It bothers me to see Harper on the podium taking credit for the Canadian banking system when in fact the credit belongs to Paul Martin.

Harper did dilly squat to strainthen the Canadian Banking system.
$100B DEFICIT IN 5 YEARS IS UNTHINKABLE FOR CANADA, AND THAT IS THE FADE WE WILL BE SUBJECTED TO BY A GROUP WHO WILL GLADLY TAKE ANOTHER PERSONS CREDIT AND CALL IT THEIR OWN.

HARPER HAS NO PLAN OTHER THEN TO USE THE GLOBAL EXCUSE TO COVER UP HIS INABILITY. Have a nice weekend Ron.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
What do you think?

Like all talented elitists he is a borderline psychopath and therefore able to promise, claim, say, and decide anything which he deems is in his best interest. As luck would have it this often means going along with whatever is currently perceived by the deluded masses. This is why sociopaths so often find a home in politics.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
First of all, Harper did not say the fight in Afghanistan was useless, nor did he say NATO should withdraw.....he merely indicated that the fight to keep Afghanistan out of the clutches of Islamofascism will be on-going.........be it us or the rebuilt Afghan Army doing the fighting. Insurgencies may be repressed, but they don't usually disappear, no matter what happens, or what deals are made....witness recent events in Northern Ireland.....oh, BTW, the Taliban are remain "murdering scumbags"....

‘‘We’re not going to win this war just by staying,’’ he told interviewer Fareed Zakaria. ‘‘Quite frankly, we are not going to ever defeat the insurgency. Afghanistan has probably had — my reading of Afghanistan history (is) it’s probably had an insurgency forever of some kind.’’

Seriously ... how many people got much beyond "We're not going to win this war...."?

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Good day Ron, It bothers me to see Harper on the podium taking credit for the Canadian banking system when in fact the credit belongs to Paul Martin.

Harper did dilly squat to strainthen the Canadian Banking system.
$100B DEFICIT IN 5 YEARS IS UNTHINKABLE FOR CANADA, AND THAT IS THE FADE WE WILL BE SUBJECTED TO BY A GROUP WHO WILL GLADLY TAKE ANOTHER PERSONS CREDIT AND CALL IT THEIR OWN.

HARPER HAS NO PLAN OTHER THEN TO USE THE GLOBAL EXCUSE TO COVER UP HIS INABILITY. Have a nice weekend Ron.

Socrates....I don't think the deficit will be anywhere near as large
as you think it will be, but not for the reasons you might think...
Much of this cash in the "new" budget will have so many strings
attached and there will be so many hoops to jump through to
receive any money, that much of it will never leave the coffers of
the Federal Government.

Much of the Cash to the cities, towns, RM's, etc....will be matching
Federal Dollars with a cap on them...and if the cities, towns, RM's,
etc....don't have cash of their own to match, they don't get the
Federal cash. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out, but I
don't think much of the cash in that budget will ever flow out.

With that in mind, when deficits occur but are much smaller that
predicted, Mr. Harper can be there to take the credit and call it
good economic stewardship. Politics is an ugly game.

givpeaceachance

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2008
Colpy - I'm not trying to be smart ace or anything but you said "I think Harper is a decent man, relatively speaking, although deeply flawed (as we all are) he is an absolute saint compared to Jean Chretien, or Lyin Brian, or Pierre Trudeau for that matter."

Harper has already proven to the public that he is a collosal liar.

As for Harper
" . . .going along with whatever is currently perceived by the deluded masses. "

this last election essentially proved that Harper is deludingly out of touch with the public that it was pretty obvious that here is a person that clearly has his own agenda and hidden motives.

If you watched the 2008 debates with Gilles Duceppe, Stephan Dion, Jack Layton, Stephen Harper and Elizabeth May. There are a bunch of them. When you hear what Harper verbalizes and then you hear the rebutles and complaints of the other party leaders, they are revealing what Harper isn't willing to say but these complaints are quite telling as to what kind of a deceptive and shady person he seems to be. To say that all political leaders are corrupted like it's a matter of fact just goes to show how dumbed down and conditioned society is because instead of demanding accountability and proper ethics, people just cover it with up with apathy talk - just like they've trained you to like good little 'sheeple'.

The only way things are going to change is if WE change. Our society resembles the abuse victim; they take it blow after blow and say "Oh well, that's just the way he/she(abuser) is." and they continue to sit there and take some more.

I don't know but that's just my opinion.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Socrates....I don't think the deficit will be anywhere near as large
as you think it will be, but not for the reasons you might think...
Much of this cash in the "new" budget will have so many strings
attached and there will be so many hoops to jump through to
receive any money, that much of it will never leave the coffers of
the Federal Government.

Much of the Cash to the cities, towns, RM's, etc....will be matching
Federal Dollars with a cap on them...and if the cities, towns, RM's,
etc....don't have cash of their own to match, they don't get the
Federal cash. We'll have to wait and see how this plays out, but I
don't think much of the cash in that budget will ever flow out.

With that in mind, when deficits occur but are much smaller that
predicted, Mr. Harper can be there to take the credit and call it
good economic stewardship. Politics is an ugly game.

It has been predicted that in the next 5 years we will be in the $84Billion federal debt, looking at the way these fools are operating with it will probably surpass the $100B mark.
Although politics maybe an ugly game, Canada should fear the Conservatives, for the obvious reasons. They will cause irreversible financial damage.

As for the money never leaving the Government coffers that is another NAIL ON THE CONSERVATIVE COFFIN, that will create massive unemployment in Canada, and then the SH!T WILL FOR SURE HIT THE FAN.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Yeah, Harper also pretended Obama was his best friend, and now he's bashing Obama in right wing circles.

This is going to be great for our US, Canada relations. Especially at a time when we sorely need our trade with them. Don't let what Harper pretends to be on the surface, and for a selected audience get in the way of the Mr. Hyde who is really underneath the fuzzy blue sweater.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Hey Colpy. Your a self professed libertarian are you not? Anyway Harper took the time to bash libertarians too. Try not to feel too divided between your principles and your support for Harper.

globeandmail.com: PM rips into Liberals behind closed doors

(Harper) “The libertarian says, ‘Let individuals exercise full freedom and take full responsibility for their actions.' The problem with this notion is that people who act irresponsibly in the name of freedom are almost never willing to take responsibility for their actions.”

Mike Brock, a Conservative blogger who attended the conference, called the speech bewildering.

“The treatment to classical liberals and libertarians — of which I consider myself — was nothing short of stunning,” he wrote.

“The condescension was literally dripping from his mouth. Was this his response to the disillusionment that libertarians across the country have had to his government and its policies of late?

“If it was, it did not build any bridges. Rather, it burnt them right down.”

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Colpy - I'm not trying to be smart ace or anything but you said "I think Harper is a decent man, relatively speaking, although deeply flawed (as we all are) he is an absolute saint compared to Jean Chretien, or Lyin Brian, or Pierre Trudeau for that matter."

Harper has already proven to the public that he is a collosal liar.

As for Harper
" . . .going along with whatever is currently perceived by the deluded masses. "

this last election essentially proved that Harper is deludingly out of touch with the public that it was pretty obvious that here is a person that clearly has his own agenda and hidden motives.

If you watched the 2008 debates with Gilles Duceppe, Stephan Dion, Jack Layton, Stephen Harper and Elizabeth May. There are a bunch of them. When you hear what Harper verbalizes and then you hear the rebutles and complaints of the other party leaders, they are revealing what Harper isn't willing to say but these complaints are quite telling as to what kind of a deceptive and shady person he seems to be. To say that all political leaders are corrupted like it's a matter of fact just goes to show how dumbed down and conditioned society is because instead of demanding accountability and proper ethics, people just cover it with up with apathy talk - just like they've trained you to like good little 'sheeple'.

The only way things are going to change is if WE change. Our society resembles the abuse victim; they take it blow after blow and say "Oh well, that's just the way he/she(abuser) is." and they continue to sit there and take some more.

I don't know but that's just my opinion.

Good day givpeaceachance, A, for your understanding to problem as well the solution. The problem as you mention on your post is for sure people putting up with crap from politicians the likes of Harper being that their understanding of how politics work is very weak or poor.

Change is imperative for a society to be able to continually look after its members. Harper is a one men army, he is the general, he is all the post bellow, and his cabinet are the pawns he plays chess with.
Your post calls the correct colors.