Wards of another Nation

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
PQ Leader Pauline Marois is an opportunist, seeing that Canada is faced with significant fiscal turbulence amounting to unprecedented federal debt as a result of the economic crisis around the globe, as well largely because the Conservatives don’t have a clue of what it is that would save Canada from fiscal harm., Ms Marois sees that as an opportunity to fan the flames and wake up the fire of separatism in Quebec.
Mr Marois feels that Québecores are, wards of another Nation divided for the purpose of administration and elections. Well, 50% OF Quebec doesn’t want to separate while the other 50% would sit on the fence and fan the flames of separatism in hope that the feds will through some bones at them to calm them down. Canada is unique because of Quebec, while Quebec is unique because of Canada.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
So, a politician who takes advantage of the opportunities presented to her to advance her cause, her agenda, big surprise there.

That is what the politicians do Socrates, they take advantage of the opportunities as they arise. I think one of Obama’s lieutenants recently remarked “it would be a shame to let the crises go to waste” (meaning that crises should be used to advance the liberal agenda).

That is how politics (and politicians) works, there is nothing unusual abut that.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Mr Marois feels that Québecores are, wards of another Nation divided for the purpose of administration and elections. Well, 50% OF Quebec doesn’t want to separate while the other 50% would sit on the fence and fan the flames of separatism in hope that the feds will through some bones at them to calm them down.

This has been happening for since 1867. It's no secret or great conspiracy. Once upon a time... a corporation I was employed at lost out on a very large Defence contract (1.2 billion) and cried foul. They were located in Ville St. Laurent and threatened to lay off 70% of the workers unless.....

you guessed it, the contract award was reviewed and they got a sizable chunck. Kept the company happy, kept the voting public happy in Quebec and cost the Canadian taxpayer and extra 100 mil.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.....

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Mr Marois feels that Québecores are, wards of another Nation divided for the purpose of administration and elections. Well, 50% OF Quebec doesn’t want to separate while the other 50% would sit on the fence and fan the flames of separatism in hope that the feds will through some bones at them to calm them down.

This has been happening for since 1867. It's no secret or great conspiracy. Once upon a time... a corporation I was employed at lost out on a very large Defence contract (1.2 billion) and cried foul. They were located in Ville St. Laurent and threatened to lay off 70% of the workers unless.....

you guessed it, the contract award was reviewed and they got a sizable chunck. Kept the company happy, kept the voting public happy in Quebec and cost the Canadian taxpayer and extra 100 mil.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.....

Good day Tyr, good thing that 50% of Québécois are of the opinion that Canada should stay United.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
So, a politician who takes advantage of the opportunities presented to her to advance her cause, her agenda, big surprise there.

That is what the politicians do Socrates, they take advantage of the opportunities as they arise. I think one of Obama’s lieutenants recently remarked “it would be a shame to let the crises go to waste” (meaning that crises should be used to advance the liberal agenda).

That is how politics (and politicians) works, there is nothing unusual abut that.

Good day to you SirJosephPorter, as it is widely known and respected by many, Canada is unique because of its bilingualism, Quebec is Unique in it own way as well and combining the two it makes Canada sparkle in the international stage.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I hate the word "separation" family, country, pet, when people separate is manly because they stop willingly or unwillingly communicating with each other.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Socrates the Greek, I think if you look at the time since the last referendum you will find the numbers of those in favour of separation in decline. A big factor for this has been attributed to the dramatic increase in immigartion into Quebec. Whether that is true or not I highly doubt it, but reality says most people are fed up with having the issue put before them.

That said, will it ever rise again, probably, but how much ?

Many of my family, extended, were separatist and when I left Quebec in 1980's they werte very much in favour of voting yes. From what I understand from many of them they have changed their views not only because they have seen that it would not be beneficial to them but to their kids. Also their children have grown up in a french only society asking why they cannot communicate with the rest of Canada. Many of them now forced to learn English at a cost of time if not money because we all know time is money.

So in all this issue will never go away and will have it's ups and downs but will more then likely never realize it's goal..

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Socrates the Greek, I think if you look at the time since the last referendum you will find the numbers of those in favour of separation in decline. A big factor for this has been attributed to the dramatic increase in immigartion into Quebec. Whether that is true or not I highly doubt it, but reality says most people are fed up with having the issue put before them.

That said, will it ever rise again, probably, but how much ?

Many of my family, extended, were separatist and when I left Quebec in 1980's they werte very much in favour of voting yes. From what I understand from many of them they have changed their views not only because they have seen that it would not be beneficial to them but to their kids. Also their children have grown up in a french only society asking why they cannot communicate with the rest of Canada. Many of them now forced to learn English at a cost of time if not money because we all know time is money.

So in all this issue will never go away and will have it's ups and downs but will more then likely never realize it's goal..

I agree with your philosophy, I can only hope that Quebecer’s would keep the long partnership alive between two peoples Canada and Quebec. Not many countries have the uniqueness Canada and Quebec share together.