Assimilation of the Quebecois

LordDurham
In my oppion the views of Lord Durham (My Hero and my name) on Assimilating the French Canadians into the English Language and into Anglo Culture was and is the best solution to ending the never ending conflict between Anglo-Canadians and French Canadians.

The British and later Canada gave the Quebecois many Language rights from the Quebec Act to the Constitution Act of 1867 by making French the co-official language of not only the Province of Quebec but also the Dominion of Canada. The Language Policy of the Constitution Act of 1867 was this!

Constitution Act of 1867

Use of English and French Languages (Section 133)

Either the English or the French Language may be used by any Person in the Debates of the Houses of Parliament of Canada and of the Houses of Legislature of Quebec: and both those Languages shall be used in the respective Records and Journels of those Houses: and either of those Languages may be used by any Person or in any Pleading or Process in or issuing from any Court of Canada established under this Act, and in or from all or any of the Courts of Quebec.

The Acts of the Parliament of Canada and of the Legislature of
Quebec shall be printed and published in both those Languages.

So Under the Constituion Act of 1867 the Language Policy of Canada and its Provinces and Territories were this

National Language(s) of the Dominion of Canada
English, French

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Nova Scotia
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Prince Edward Island
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of New Brunswick
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Quebec
English, French

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Ontario
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Manitoba
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Saskatchewan
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Alberta
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of British Columbia
English

Territorial Language(s) of the Yukon Territory
English

Territorial Language(s) of the Northwest Territory
English

The British and Canada gave so many Language rights to the French Canadians, I might add that the French Canadians were given more rights then any defeated people in history. I know had the French won and the British lost the French and Indian War do you think that the French would have given the English Settlers the same language rights as what the British gave the French Canadian Settlers. I think not. The French Canadians abused their rights by creating such anti-English Language Laws as Bill 22, Bill 78 and Bill 101 by removing English as the rightfull co-official language of the Province of Quebec, removing English on Quebec signs or have French twice as large of that of English, by creating a language police (unheard of in a western democracy) chassed out a Million Anglo-Quebecers threw FLQ terror and PQ tyranny. The Carrot has failed to pacify and appease these pigs and now I believe its time for the stick to be used. The Carrort (Appeasement) must be replaced by the Stick (Assimilation). I now think that Canada should now have a policy of Assimilation of the French Canadians into the English Language and Anglo-Canadian culture. The Quebecois treatment of the English Language and Anglo-Quebecers in Quebec are a big reason why I believe that they dont deserve to have the Language rights that were given to them by the British and later Canada in the Quebec and Constitution Acts of 1867.

Canada should copy France in the Anglicisation and Assimilation of the Quebecois. The French Provinces of Alsace and Lorraine used to belong to Germany and was once a combined province of Alsace Lorraine which was a German Speaking Province and had no connection with the French Language, but after World War 1 the French got the Province of Alsace Lorraine and with draconian laws and a policy of shaming the Germany speakers into French speakers, transformed Alsace Lorraine from a majority German speaking province to a Majority French speaking province.

Language Policy in France
Language policy in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

"For the linguistic unity of France the Breton Language must disappear"
Anatole de Monzie
Public Education Minister of France (3rd Republich)

"There are no place for the regional languages and cultures in a France that intends to mark Europe deeply"
Georges Pompidou
President of France (5th Republic)

If France could Frenchify the Province of Alasce Lorraine, why cant Canada Anglicise the Province of Quebec. I think it would be fitting for Canada to Anglicise the Province of Quebec just like how France Frenchify the Province of Alsace Lorraine.

LONG LIVE A UNITED ANGLO-CANADA
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Goober
Free Thinker
immigration and the rapid expansion under Trudeau will make the Seperatists a distinct minority in Quebec -

LordDurham
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

immigration and the rapid expansion under Trudeau will make the Seperatists a distinct minority in Quebec -

The best way to assimiliate the Quebecois into Anglo-Canadian culture and to transform them from Francophones to Anglophones is for

01. Canada to encourage Anglo-Canadians to migrate to Quebec in droves
02. Canada to encourage Immigrants from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and the United States to move to Canada particulary Quebec
03. Canada to encourage the retun of the Million or so Anglo-Quebecers who fled Quebec from the mid 70's to the late 90's with their families to return to Quebec

04. Canada should repeal the Anti-English Language Laws like Bill 22, Bill 78, Bill 101 and company
05. Canada should abolish the Language Police
06. Canada should restore the English Language as the Co-Official Language of Quebec
07. Canada should ban the Parti Quebecois
08. Canada should deport all members and supporters from Canada including Quebec
09. Canada should stop appeasing the Quebecois
10. Canada should may be move the Capital City of Canada from Ottawa to either Montreal and Quebec City to further Canada's control over Quebec.

I believe that the Dominion of Canada should Anglicise the cities of Montreal and Quebec City like how the French Belgians Frenchified the city of Brussels from the Belgian Revolution of 1830- the present day. You see Brussels was once a Dutch speaking city until the Belgian Revolution which changed that. Brussels is no longer a Dutch speaking majority city and now its a French speaking majority city because of the radical Frenchification of Brussels enginered by the Belgian Francophones (Walloons, Catholic Church, Flemish Nobles and French Immigrants). Canada should copy this in the efforts to Anglicise the cities of Montreal and Quebec City.

Frenchification of Brussels
Frenchification of Brussels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

LONG LIVE A UNITED CANADA
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Wrong, the seperatist movement in quebec is getting bigger, mainly because french-immigrations which are mainly for the separation, since i am a separatist, i am exited about it.

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by LordDurhamView Post

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

It makes me think about those who think

Quote:

"Allah is the greatest"

Same ****, different pile.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7View Post

Wrong, the seperatist movement in quebec is getting bigger, mainly because french-immigrations which are mainly for the separation, since i am a separatist, i am exited about it.

Is that why you have a Liberal government?

Bartleby
Actually if it were not for Canada, and the respect for the French language and culture funded by federal policy, it is likely that Quebec would be but a ghetto of French speakers controlled by the United States media companies. They would be like comic characters attached to the occasional TV event. It is only by their association with Canada that they have been able to retain and advance their culture in North America.

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Is that why you have a Liberal government?

The libéral Gov are there since 2003, at that time separatiste movement was getting lower. Since Harper is in office, combined with the arrogance of the liberal party, has made the seperatiste movement more popular from 35% to 43%. I havent seen this since 1994.

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by BartlebyView Post

Actually if it were not for Canada, and the respect for the French language and culture funded by federal policy, it is likely that Quebec would be but a ghetto of French speakers controlled by the United States media companies. They would be like comic characters attached to the occasional TV event. It is only by their association with Canada that they have been able to retain and advance their culture in North America.

Alberta is controled by United States petrolium companies, in quebec we still have our Electricity , which is still under our governement policy, not foreign companies, he he.

Staying in canada would be the dumest decision that quebec would do, even alberta should seperate and get back their own ressources, which is oil.

Colpy
Conservative

Oh, I do so wish you were "exited"!

Colpy
Conservative

The libéral Gov are there since 2003, at that time separatiste movement was getting lower. Since Harper is in office, combined with the arrogance of the liberal party, has made the seperatiste movement more popular from 35% to 43%. I havent seen this since 1994.

Gee, only another 20 percent and we might let you go, with the area of Quebec you brought into Confederation....maybe.

Quebec joined with Canada with her eyes wide open........there is no constitutional provision for secession.....although I am all for self-determination, there is NO WAY Quebec can leave without first winning the approval, or should I say the grudging agreement, of the ROC. And that means Quebec itself would be divided, pared down to those areas of seperatist concentration..........

Or we can fight it out.

Good luck with the last option.

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Oh, I do so wish you were "exited"!

You have to know colpy, that about 10 post of yours was used in quebec forums, to convince others that we have to separate, keep up the good work guys( colpy, CDN Bear-cannuks and many others) you are helping us .

Logic 7

Gee, only another 20 percent and we might let you go, with the area of Quebec you brought into Confederation....maybe.

Quebec joined with Canada with her eyes wide open........there is no constitutional provision for secession.....although I am all for self-determination, there is NO WAY Quebec can leave without first winning the approval, or should I say the grudging agreement, of the ROC. And that means Quebec itself would be divided, pared down to those areas of seperatist concentration..........

Or we can fight it out.

Good luck with the last option.

The best canadians soldiers are from Valcartier, just to tell you , if there is a fight, you guys are in trouble.

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
French shooting missile. I think Canada has a lot to worry about.

YouTube - LOL French missile

Colpy
Conservative

The best canadians soldiers are from Valcartier, just to tell you , if there is a fight, you guys are in trouble.

The Royal 22nd Regiment is very good, with extremely good CANADIAN soldiers.......you said it yourself. Most of whom one would expect to retain their loyalty to the crown, as for others, there are severe penalties for desertion to the enemy.

BTW, where were the Royal 22nd in 1995, during the referendum?

Look it up.

In any new referendum, the Royal 22 will find themselves suddenly doing a tour in the Outer Hebrides, or some such place. In case of trouble, a good place to sort out the wheat from the chaff before sending loyal troops into the fight.

The Canadian Army, oddly enough, is not led by complete idiots.
Last edited by Colpy; Feb 23rd, 2009 at 02:03 PM..

Colpy
Conservative
Logic 7 :
Quote:

Not true, 200 000 votes were stolen by the "NO", and remember the scandals regarding the liberals?????? i hope you do, cause it was about it.

Ha Ha, now that's funny!.

First of all, the Sponsorship Scandal was all about promotional money spent in Quebec due to the panic over the close vote.....it all happened AFTER the referendum.....

So, perhaps you should provide some link, some evidence of your accusations against the NO side......

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

French shooting missile. I think Canada has a lot to worry about.

YouTube - LOL French missile

This is the canadians army, not the french.

Tyr
Free Thinker

ummm no. Seperatists in Quebec are slowly (but surely) becoming more of a minority in Quebec than they have bee nfor the past 30 yrs. Assimilation abd their immigration policy may try to brainwash newly arrived immigrants, but it doesn't work very well. They tend to form their own communities within Quebec and hence expouse their unique views

Economically, they see Canada as English Canadian and Quebecois as a quaint local phenomenon that they may adhere to in some ways, but they are socially seperate from the "base" of the seperatist movement.

In another 20 yrs, the seperatist will have about as much validity as the Catholic Church does today. Some, but a background issue

Logic 7

Logic 7 :

Ha Ha, now that's funny!.

First of all, the Sponsorship Scandal was all about promotional money spent in Quebec due to the panic over the close vote.....it all happened AFTER the referendum.....

So, perhaps you should provide some link, some evidence of your accusations against the NO side......

Read my line.

200 000 vote stolen by the "NO" side, the scandal by the liberal was about the referendum, not the 200 000 vote stolen, sorry if i didnt explain it the right way.

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrView Post

ummm no. Seperatists in Quebec are slowly (but surely) becoming more of a minority in Quebec than they have bee nfor the past 30 yrs. Assimilation abd their immigration policy may try to brainwash newly arrived immigrants, but it doesn't work very well. They tend to form their own communities within Quebec and hence expouse their unique views

Economically, they see Canada as English Canadian and Quebecois as a quaint local phenomenon that they may adhere to in some ways, but they are socially seperate from the "base" of the seperatist movement.

In another 20 yrs, the seperatist will have about as much validity as the Catholic Church does today. Some, but a background issue

...... and if so, it will have accomplished the reverse of it's declared intention to "save" French culture in Quebec. Probably end up more like the French cultures in the US eventually. But then, eventually I think that is what will happen to all cultures in the world.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker

Read my line.

200 000 vote stolen by the "NO" side, the scandal by the liberal was about the referendum, not the 200 000 vote stolen, sorry if i didnt explain it the right way.

What????? I'm just not following that statement there Logic 7. Can you try again?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

The majority of Kweebeck soldiers will fight for Canada. Even if they are sympathetic to the separatists, they know the battle is already lost and leaving their post to fight for Kweebeck will get them nothing but grief. It would be a different story if Kweebeck was being treated poorly but Kweebeck soldiers are not like separatists. They are smart enough to know that they have it pretty good in Canada.

I hope the fight comes sooner rather than later. We need to get this over with.

lone wolf
Free Thinker

Well yes i am french, basically i am a mic-mac(natives)mix with basque and french, and i was born in québec, so i am a quebecois.

Africans and muslim who are moving to quebec are for the separation of quebec, not all of them, but most of them, yes.

Like i said , there absolutly no reason to stay in canada, even for the canadians, i just think about the Queen and their stupidity, and my body wants to puke.

But you are NOT French. Why are you making noise for a language that is not your own? It is at best pigeon French. Can you carry on a conversation with someone from Paris? New Orleans? Ho Chi Minh City?

Please.... Feel free to leave - but do prepare for a long bitter struggle. The fight won't be with the rest of Canada. It will be within your own "nation" when you realise you have been led down a garden path to make businessmen rich.

The Cree will keep their territory - along with the James Bay Power Project, and the Mohawks will keep theirs - along with the St Lawrence Seaway. Quebec has already proven how controlling they who don't wish to be controlled works - or doesn't. Remember Oka? Picture it on a grand scale.

LordDurham

If their are 43% of the Quebecois who supporter Quebec Independence from Canada then these people should be deportated from the Dominion of Canada including the Province of Quebec. If these 43% of Quebecois cant stand living in Canada they are free to leave Canada either by ship or by Plane. The best destinations for these ungratefull seperatist traitors are the United States, France, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. The Soviet Union took away the citizenship of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and other such people and expelled them from the Soviet Union, Canada should do this to the Quebecois seperatists but on a massive scale.

If any Quebecois units in the Royal Canadian Armed Forces decide to fight for Quebec independence and not for Canada then they will be declared traitors who deserve death at the fireing squard at the hands of the Royal Canadian Armed Forces and Royal Canadian Mounted Police. These Soldiers gave their oath to defend the Dominion of Canada and not to defend the intrests of the slimy frog traitors who are ungratefull to Canada for the rights and freedoms that the British and later Canada gave them. Treat Quebecois seperatists and their supporters like the vermin they are and that is with contempt.

Assimiliation of the Quebecois is the best option for Canada and Quebec. With the Quebecois assimiliating and Anglicised there would be no more trouble in both the Dominion of Canada and the Province "Not a Nation" of Quebec. With both the Province of Quebec and Dominion of Canada having 1 Language (English) life would be so much easier. If France could Frenchify the majority of the Germans in Alsace Lorraine and transform them from German Speakers into French Speakers, the so could Canada could Anglicise the majority of the Quebecois in Quebec and transform them from French Speakers into English Speakers. The key is to learn from the French and follow their methods in how to do this. If the Quebecois complain then tought luck, they are the reason why this should happen. The British and later Canada were wrong to save and protect the French Language when they should have destroyed it, the tollerance of the British and Canada have caused the problems that Canada and Quebec suffer to this very day, this can be rectified by Draconian Laws created by Canada on the Quebecois and shaming them into abandoning their Language (French) and adopting our Language (English).

Language Policy in France
Language policy in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

" For the linguistic unity of France, the Breton Language must disapear"
Anatole de Monzie
Public Education Minister of France (Third Republic)

"Their is no room for the regional languages and cultures in a France that intends to mark Europe deeply"
Georges Pomipidou
President of France (Fith Republich)

CANADA MUST FOLLOW THESE VERY INTELIGANT FRENCHMEN ON HOW TO DEAL WITH THE QUEBECOIS AND THE UNITY AND GREATNESS OF CANADA.

LONG LIVE A UNITED CANADA
QUEBEC BELONGS TO CANADA
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Tyr
Free Thinker
How about we start by assimilating the Brit's into Canada..

lone wolf
Free Thinker

So ... were you away on March 26, 2007 when Charest was elected for another term ... then on December 8, 2008 when he was voted in again? - all during Harper's reign I might add...

Did you even vote?

Tyr
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

So ... were you away on March 26, 2007 when Charest was elected for another term ... then on December 8, 2008 when he was voted in again? - all during Harper's reign I might add...

Did you even vote?

Did you even vote?

....and are you old enough to vote?

ironsides
No Party Affiliation
Personally I think the Canadian Army is led by the best Canada has. I have nothing but admiration for them.
Royal 22nd Regiment "Je me souviens". I do remember.

Risus

In other words, you are a traitor and should be tried and convicted as such.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
OK....What is this?

Ownership of National Assembly land in Que. to be reviewed

By Mike De Souza, Canwest News ServiceFebruary 23, 2009 6:01 PM
Ownership of National Assembly land in Que. to be reviewed (external - login to view)

OTTAWA — The Harper government is prepared to revisit its ownership of the lawn in front of Quebec’s National Assembly, Intergovernmental Affairs Minister Josee Verner said Monday.

The Quebec government has been seeking to repatriate the land which houses statues of former premiers such as Rene Levesque at least since 2006, but up till now has not received any formal response from Ottawa.

Verner said she addressed the issue during a morning meeting with her Quebec counterpart, Jacques Dupuis.

“We discussed several files, including this one, and we agreed to talk about it again later,” Verner said in the Commons in response to a question from Bloc Quebecois MP Jean Dorion.

No nation can accept having its national assembly sitting on a piece of land that belongs to another nation,” said Dorion in the House of Commons.

But Verner mocked the Bloc for waiting until now to raise the issue of land ownership.

“The statue of Rene Levesque was installed on federal land by PQ premier Lucien Bouchard in 1999,” Verner said. “Why didn’t they stand up (about this) at that time?”

Former Liberal provincial intergovernmental affairs minister Benoit Pelletier wrote in July 2006 that allowing the federal government to own property with huge symbolic importance to the Quebec nation was undermining the principals of federalism, Montreal daily Le Devoir reported on Saturday.

The newspaper also cited a 19th century document which said the land was leased to the Quebec government on a long-term basis for $50 per year.

The sovereigntist parties in Quebec are also asking the federal government to relinquish its ownership of the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City which was at the heart of a political controversy in recent weeks that forced the cancellation of a planned re-enactment of a 250-year-old battle between British and French troops.
Federal Liberals steered clear of the issue, accusing the Bloc of exploiting it for political gain.

“I think that what Quebecers want is for us to take care of the economy, and (the Bloc is) adding fuel on the fire, when we’re talking about an area like the Plains of Abraham which is a national park that belongs to all Canadians,” said Liberal MP Denis Coderre, after question period in the Commons. “It’s not one nation against another, it belongs to everyone.”

But when asked what he thought about the land in front of the National Assembly, Coderre repeated he wanted to talk about the economy, and not land.

The NDP’s Quebec lieutenant, Thomas Mulcair, was more open to look at the issue of ownership of the Plains of Abraham, although he had his own concerns. “I think that it’s something that can be discussed by both parties as long as nobody builds condos on it,” Mulcair said.