Assimilation of the Quebecois

LordDurham

Feb 16, 2009
In my oppion the views of Lord Durham (My Hero and my name) on Assimilating the French Canadians into the English Language and into Anglo Culture was and is the best solution to ending the never ending conflict between Anglo-Canadians and French Canadians.

The British and later Canada gave the Quebecois many Language rights from the Quebec Act to the Constitution Act of 1867 by making French the co-official language of not only the Province of Quebec but also the Dominion of Canada. The Language Policy of the Constitution Act of 1867 was this!

Constitution Act of 1867

Use of English and French Languages (Section 133)

Either the English or the French Language may be used by any Person in the Debates of the Houses of Parliament of Canada and of the Houses of Legislature of Quebec: and both those Languages shall be used in the respective Records and Journels of those Houses: and either of those Languages may be used by any Person or in any Pleading or Process in or issuing from any Court of Canada established under this Act, and in or from all or any of the Courts of Quebec.

The Acts of the Parliament of Canada and of the Legislature of
Quebec shall be printed and published in both those Languages.

So Under the Constituion Act of 1867 the Language Policy of Canada and its Provinces and Territories were this

National Language(s) of the Dominion of Canada
English, French

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Nova Scotia
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Prince Edward Island
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of New Brunswick
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Quebec
English, French

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Ontario
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Manitoba
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Saskatchewan
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of Alberta
English

Provincial Language(s) of the Province of British Columbia
English

Territorial Language(s) of the Yukon Territory
English

Territorial Language(s) of the Northwest Territory
English

The British and Canada gave so many Language rights to the French Canadians, I might add that the French Canadians were given more rights then any defeated people in history. I know had the French won and the British lost the French and Indian War do you think that the French would have given the English Settlers the same language rights as what the British gave the French Canadian Settlers. I think not. The French Canadians abused their rights by creating such anti-English Language Laws as Bill 22, Bill 78 and Bill 101 by removing English as the rightfull co-official language of the Province of Quebec, removing English on Quebec signs or have French twice as large of that of English, by creating a language police (unheard of in a western democracy) chassed out a Million Anglo-Quebecers threw FLQ terror and PQ tyranny. The Carrot has failed to pacify and appease these pigs and now I believe its time for the stick to be used. The Carrort (Appeasement) must be replaced by the Stick (Assimilation). I now think that Canada should now have a policy of Assimilation of the French Canadians into the English Language and Anglo-Canadian culture. The Quebecois treatment of the English Language and Anglo-Quebecers in Quebec are a big reason why I believe that they dont deserve to have the Language rights that were given to them by the British and later Canada in the Quebec and Constitution Acts of 1867.

Canada should copy France in the Anglicisation and Assimilation of the Quebecois. The French Provinces of Alsace and Lorraine used to belong to Germany and was once a combined province of Alsace Lorraine which was a German Speaking Province and had no connection with the French Language, but after World War 1 the French got the Province of Alsace Lorraine and with draconian laws and a policy of shaming the Germany speakers into French speakers, transformed Alsace Lorraine from a majority German speaking province to a Majority French speaking province.

Language Policy in France
Language policy in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"For the linguistic unity of France the Breton Language must disappear"
Anatole de Monzie
Public Education Minister of France (3rd Republich)

"There are no place for the regional languages and cultures in a France that intends to mark Europe deeply"
Georges Pompidou
President of France (5th Republic)

If France could Frenchify the Province of Alasce Lorraine, why cant Canada Anglicise the Province of Quebec. I think it would be fitting for Canada to Anglicise the Province of Quebec just like how France Frenchify the Province of Alsace Lorraine.

LONG LIVE A UNITED ANGLO-CANADA
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
immigration and the rapid expansion under Trudeau will make the Seperatists a distinct minority in Quebec -

LordDurham

Feb 16, 2009
immigration and the rapid expansion under Trudeau will make the Seperatists a distinct minority in Quebec -

The best way to assimiliate the Quebecois into Anglo-Canadian culture and to transform them from Francophones to Anglophones is for

01. Canada to encourage Anglo-Canadians to migrate to Quebec in droves
02. Canada to encourage Immigrants from the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and the United States to move to Canada particulary Quebec
03. Canada to encourage the retun of the Million or so Anglo-Quebecers who fled Quebec from the mid 70's to the late 90's with their families to return to Quebec

04. Canada should repeal the Anti-English Language Laws like Bill 22, Bill 78, Bill 101 and company
05. Canada should abolish the Language Police
06. Canada should restore the English Language as the Co-Official Language of Quebec
07. Canada should ban the Parti Quebecois
08. Canada should deport all members and supporters from Canada including Quebec
09. Canada should stop appeasing the Quebecois
10. Canada should may be move the Capital City of Canada from Ottawa to either Montreal and Quebec City to further Canada's control over Quebec.

I believe that the Dominion of Canada should Anglicise the cities of Montreal and Quebec City like how the French Belgians Frenchified the city of Brussels from the Belgian Revolution of 1830- the present day. You see Brussels was once a Dutch speaking city until the Belgian Revolution which changed that. Brussels is no longer a Dutch speaking majority city and now its a French speaking majority city because of the radical Frenchification of Brussels enginered by the Belgian Francophones (Walloons, Catholic Church, Flemish Nobles and French Immigrants). Canada should copy this in the efforts to Anglicise the cities of Montreal and Quebec City.

Frenchification of Brussels
Frenchification of Brussels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LONG LIVE A UNITED CANADA
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006

Wrong, the seperatist movement in quebec is getting bigger, mainly because french-immigrations which are mainly for the separation, since i am a separatist, i am exited about it.:cool:

Bartleby

Time Out
Feb 17, 2009
Actually if it were not for Canada, and the respect for the French language and culture funded by federal policy, it is likely that Quebec would be but a ghetto of French speakers controlled by the United States media companies. They would be like comic characters attached to the occasional TV event. It is only by their association with Canada that they have been able to retain and advance their culture in North America.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Is that why you have a Liberal government?

The libéral Gov are there since 2003, at that time separatiste movement was getting lower. Since Harper is in office, combined with the arrogance of the liberal party, has made the seperatiste movement more popular from 35% to 43%. I havent seen this since 1994.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Actually if it were not for Canada, and the respect for the French language and culture funded by federal policy, it is likely that Quebec would be but a ghetto of French speakers controlled by the United States media companies. They would be like comic characters attached to the occasional TV event. It is only by their association with Canada that they have been able to retain and advance their culture in North America.

Alberta is controled by United States petrolium companies, in quebec we still have our Electricity :roll:, which is still under our governement policy, not foreign companies, he he.

Staying in canada would be the dumest decision that quebec would do, even alberta should seperate and get back their own ressources, which is oil.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The libéral Gov are there since 2003, at that time separatiste movement was getting lower. Since Harper is in office, combined with the arrogance of the liberal party, has made the seperatiste movement more popular from 35% to 43%. I havent seen this since 1994.

Gee, only another 20 percent and we might let you go, with the area of Quebec you brought into Confederation....maybe.

Quebec joined with Canada with her eyes wide open........there is no constitutional provision for secession.....although I am all for self-determination, there is NO WAY Quebec can leave without first winning the approval, or should I say the grudging agreement, of the ROC. And that means Quebec itself would be divided, pared down to those areas of seperatist concentration..........

Or we can fight it out.

Good luck with the last option.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Oh, I do so wish you were "exited"! :)

You have to know colpy, that about 10 post of yours was used in quebec forums, to convince others that we have to separate, keep up the good work guys( colpy, CDN Bear-cannuks and many others) you are helping us .:cool:

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Gee, only another 20 percent and we might let you go, with the area of Quebec you brought into Confederation....maybe.

Quebec joined with Canada with her eyes wide open........there is no constitutional provision for secession.....although I am all for self-determination, there is NO WAY Quebec can leave without first winning the approval, or should I say the grudging agreement, of the ROC. And that means Quebec itself would be divided, pared down to those areas of seperatist concentration..........

Or we can fight it out.

Good luck with the last option.

The best canadians soldiers are from Valcartier, just to tell you , if there is a fight, you guys are in trouble.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The best canadians soldiers are from Valcartier, just to tell you , if there is a fight, you guys are in trouble.

The Royal 22nd Regiment is very good, with extremely good CANADIAN soldiers.......you said it yourself. Most of whom one would expect to retain their loyalty to the crown, as for others, there are severe penalties for desertion to the enemy.

BTW, where were the Royal 22nd in 1995, during the referendum?

Look it up.

In any new referendum, the Royal 22 will find themselves suddenly doing a tour in the Outer Hebrides, or some such place. In case of trouble, a good place to sort out the wheat from the chaff before sending loyal troops into the fight.

The Canadian Army, oddly enough, is not led by complete idiots.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Logic 7 :
Not true, 200 000 votes were stolen by the "NO", and remember the scandals regarding the liberals?????? i hope you do, cause it was about it.

Ha Ha, now that's funny!.

First of all, the Sponsorship Scandal was all about promotional money spent in Quebec due to the panic over the close vote.....it all happened AFTER the referendum.....

So, perhaps you should provide some link, some evidence of your accusations against the NO side......

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Wrong, the seperatist movement in quebec is getting bigger, mainly because french-immigrations which are mainly for the separation, since i am a separatist, i am exited about it.:cool:

ummm no. Seperatists in Quebec are slowly (but surely) becoming more of a minority in Quebec than they have bee nfor the past 30 yrs. Assimilation abd their immigration policy may try to brainwash newly arrived immigrants, but it doesn't work very well. They tend to form their own communities within Quebec and hence expouse their unique views

Economically, they see Canada as English Canadian and Quebecois as a quaint local phenomenon that they may adhere to in some ways, but they are socially seperate from the "base" of the seperatist movement.

In another 20 yrs, the seperatist will have about as much validity as the Catholic Church does today. Some, but a background issue

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Logic 7 :

Ha Ha, now that's funny!.

First of all, the Sponsorship Scandal was all about promotional money spent in Quebec due to the panic over the close vote.....it all happened AFTER the referendum.....

So, perhaps you should provide some link, some evidence of your accusations against the NO side......

Read my line.

200 000 vote stolen by the "NO" side, the scandal by the liberal was about the referendum, not the 200 000 vote stolen, sorry if i didnt explain it the right way.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
ummm no. Seperatists in Quebec are slowly (but surely) becoming more of a minority in Quebec than they have bee nfor the past 30 yrs. Assimilation abd their immigration policy may try to brainwash newly arrived immigrants, but it doesn't work very well. They tend to form their own communities within Quebec and hence expouse their unique views

Economically, they see Canada as English Canadian and Quebecois as a quaint local phenomenon that they may adhere to in some ways, but they are socially seperate from the "base" of the seperatist movement.

In another 20 yrs, the seperatist will have about as much validity as the Catholic Church does today. Some, but a background issue
...... and if so, it will have accomplished the reverse of it's declared intention to "save" French culture in Quebec. Probably end up more like the French cultures in the US eventually. But then, eventually I think that is what will happen to all cultures in the world.