Canadian Soldiers for American Contracts

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
President Obama will be coming to Canada on a so-called working visit or will it turn out to be an ultimatum for Canada to extend and expand their military duties in the Middle East for American contracts.

I have to wonder if the rest of the G7 and any other country that sells products and services to America in large amounts will have to throw in military services in troubles areas that American military presently is doing.

Everyday I turn on the news on TV, radio and the Internet, America jobs are disappearing and the economy is crashing so if president of the United States decides to go protectionist it would be bad for the world.

Now we know that running a military costs big money and if America can decrease their military by 50% because the rest of the America’s trading partners will increase their military spending by helping America with hardware, technology and boots on the ground it becomes a win-win solution and will get everybody away from the economic crash and back to positive territory.

More jobs will come back to the regions and people will have money, but it also means that they will have to put up with dead war heroes coming back home to be repatriated until the war of terrorism is won.

Right now America has nothing to lose by going protectionist because they are suffering the most so it’s up to America’s trading partners to step up to the plate or face the consequences.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Once George Bernard Shaw was holding a dinner party at which the discussion turned to money and its' worth......

Turning to Lady Astor, Shaw asked " M'Lady, I must ask.....would you spend the night with me for a million pounds Sterling?"

"Why Mr. Shaw!" she replied "A million pounds! I suppose I would have to!"

"Well then", asked Shaw. "Would you **** me for a shilling?"

"Mr. Shaw! What do you think I am!" she cried

"Why M'Lady, we've already established what you are, we are now merely negotiating the price...." replied Shaw.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
That may be the whole reason behind the crash of the economy (another conspiracy). To increase the unemployment rate to such a degree that they would no feel so bad about implimenting the draft. Then the older ones that stay would get the jobs of the younger after they left for war.

I was talking to some of the US guys through th Fall on the forums and they did not look forward to coming back as they were being told straight out that they would likely not find employment. That was before the World crash. Those guys are in no hurry to come home.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I don't think it a sacrifice, but a honor to get a chance to serve. (It is a you have to be there thing to understand). It still is a individual thing, and as I said nothing new. Just that the NY Times finally found out serving in the armed forces was a short cut.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
"Once George Bernard Shaw was holding a dinner party at which the discussion turned to money and its' worth..."

That one is a classic.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
One thing all Canadians have to be wary of is the fact that the new Us President is really enthusiastic about the CFR sponsored North American Union. His wife Michele is trhe CFR Board member from Chicago. The current financial crisis could well be a part of this whole plan to acheive this goal. CFR is gobal., powerful and backed by billions of dollars.