Your dream team?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'd be curious. If you could choose two parties to form a co-alition, which ones would you choose?

Personally, I wouldn't mind giving the Green-Libertarian co-alition a try. It might sound like a strange combination, but they would in fact have some points in common. They could probably agree on at least the following:

Make taxes more user-pay. The Libertarians might not be happy with high taxes, but for the sake of co-alition, would likely accept, if not overall tax cuts, to at least make taxes more user-pay. The Greens would support this too since a more user-pay tax system would encourage reduced resource consumption.

Reduce spending on highway projects. I think both would agree to this.

Keep military spending to a minimum. The Libertarian Party essentially believes that the military should be used to defend Canadian soil and that's it, while the Green Party does support UN military intervention, so there might be some conflict there, but for the sake of maintaining a co-alition, the Greens would likely accept such cutbacks.

It would be a tough co-alition to maintain, and I couldn't see such a co-alition forming except under very special circumstances, but still, if I had to choose any co-alition among currently existing parties, I think that would be where I'd lean.

What would be your ideal co-alition?