Conservatives and Rightists... Disgrace to Canada

Adriatik

Electoral Member
Oct 31, 2008
Montreal
What does Canada stand for?

Canada stands for progress, public funding for health care and education. It stands for equal rights for everyone regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or social class. Canada stands for giving the right to women to choose whether they want an abortion or not. Canada stands for peace and gun control and keeping our children out of adult prisons to give them a second chance. Canada stands for helping the poor and less fortunate. Can we all agree that these are all left-wing ideologies? Yes! Therefore I guess we can say that a majority of Canadians support left-wing policies.

On the other hand the Conservatives and rightists stand for:

-Halting progress by keeping the same lame traditional ways of governing
-Taking away the rights of certain groups like the gay community
-Revamping our health care and education systems to include private funding thus making these services more accessible to the rich
-Dictating to women what to do by removing their right to choose if they want an abortion or not
-Throwing our kids in jail and paying their way through "criminal college" rather than giving them a second chance and rehabilitating them
-Giving tax breaks to the rich and corporations and cutting assistance to the poor

All the above right-wing ideologies are NOT what most Canadians want. The proof is that a minority of Canadians voted Conservative in the last election while the majority of us voted for the 3 other parties which are by the way left-wing or center-left...

I think all you rightists and conservatives need to move to the US and admit that you are a disgrace to the rest of us.

Please do the right thing and shut up. Get in line with the rest of us.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Oh, but there's always ONE place they'll let they who they deem as beneath them go first.... It starts with a left ... with a left ... with a left, right, left....

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan

Canada stands for progress, public funding for health care and education. It stands for equal rights for everyone regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or social class. Canada stands for giving the right to women to choose whether they want an abortion or not. Canada stands for peace and gun control and keeping our children out of adult prisons to give them a second chance. Canada stands for helping the poor and less fortunate. Can we all agree that these are all left-wing ideologies? Yes! Therefore I guess we can say that a majority of Canadians support left-wing policies.

-Revamping our health care and education systems to include private funding thus making these services more accessible to the rich
-Dictating to women what to do by removing their right to choose if they want an abortion or not
-Throwing our kids in jail and paying their way through "criminal college" rather than giving them a second chance and rehabilitating them
-Giving tax breaks to the rich and corporations and cutting assistance to the poor

All the above right-wing ideologies are NOT what most Canadians want. The proof is that a minority of Canadians voted Conservative in the last election while the majority of us voted for the 3 other parties which are by the way left-wing or center-left...

I think all you rightists and conservatives need to move to the US and admit that you are a disgrace to the rest of us.

Yay for tolerance with those that disagree with your point of view! :roll:

had to edit just in case you are an epic troll, in which case congratz..you got me.

rd1331

Nov 29, 2008

What the NDP stands for:

-Running the biggest debt possible
-Letting Criminals run free and do as they please
-Taxing the Corporations until they go bankrupt and everyone looses there jobs.
-Using Privatised Health Care and then complaining that it shouldn't be allowed and that other governments want to allow it. BTW your leader was the only one that had actually used Privitised health care.

If you want, move to Manitoba, it has an NDP government and the highest crime rate in Canada. This letting the criminals go, has driven them to the point where they have car thiefs that have over 150 known thiefts and they get no jail time, and they have even killed people with these cars. Good job for the rehabilitation, doing great. Keep killing innocent people. Thats what the NDP stands for.

BC NDP ran one of the highest debts the province has ever seen, and took it into one of its darkest days economically. Thanks to the BC Liberals they are no longer in that state.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
What the NDP stands for:

-Running the biggest debt possible

You, of course, have proof of this?

-Letting Criminals run free and do as they please

Now, that's just paranoia talking.

-Taxing the Corporations until they go bankrupt and everyone looses there jobs.

Why shouldn't corporations pay tax? They get enough corporate welfare ... or are you one of those crybabies who believe people should do without so investors can get richer?

-Using Privatised Health Care and then complaining that it shouldn't be allowed and that other governments want to allow it. BTW your leader was the only one that had actually used Privitised health care.

BTW ... Universal Health Care was introduced by Tommy Douglas of the NDP. We all used privatized health care to a certain extent. How much lab work is actually done in a hospital any more? They have to cut expenses too.

If you want, move to Manitoba, it has an NDP government and the highest crime rate in Canada. This letting the criminals go, has driven them to the point where they have car thiefs that have over 150 known thiefts and they get no jail time, and they have even killed people with these cars. Good job for the rehabilitation, doing great. Keep killing innocent people. Thats what the NDP stands for.

What does rd stand for? What choice does one have but "let criminals go" (and I'll assume you mean probation or house arrest) when staff to watch them is reduced to well below safe levels and structurally, the penal system is a relic of the fifties?

BC NDP ran one of the highest debts the province has ever seen, and took it into one of its darkest days economically. Thanks to the BC Liberals they are no longer in that state.

If you're going to criticize, let's hear your proposals.

rd1331

Nov 29, 2008
Proof....do some research.

Biggest Debt.....well take a look at what they did in BC. The more than doubled the debt and ruined the economy when they where in power.

paranoia talking
Did you read my post. Just look at Manitoba, has NDP has for a while. Highest Crime rate in the country and it is sky rocketing. All there lets give them a second try has done them well. But the stats must lie i guess.

Why shouldn't corporations pay tax? They get enough corporate welfare ... or are you one of those crybabies who believe people should do without so investors can get richer?
I Never said they shouldn't pay tax, read again. Business men and women are in business normally because they love it. It is there high, it is there game. They don't normally go i have 100 million dollars hey i'm just gonna go blow it on myself. They go i can do this and take that 100million dollars and make 500 million out of it. In the process giving many people jobs who may or may not have had jobs in the first place. These people then pay taxes, and also are not a drain on the government if they are adding jobs to the economy because they no longer need public assistance. In the end the government makes ALOT more money by giving corporate tax cuts than giving cuts to the normal people. Also remember most of your Investments, mutual funds, are invested in these exact companies. So by giving them tax cuts especially in a time like now, they have more money to keep employees working instead off laying them off, which shows well for investment which keeps the stock price up. Although all stocks suck right now, mine seem to especially. :smile:

It is a balancing act. You can't let them run free but you can't over tax them like the NDP like to do. Just look at the mining industries in BC, ohya there aren't any anymore. It used to be one of the largest industries in BC until the NDP taxed them out of business.

BTW ... Universal Health Care was introduced by Tommy Douglas of the NDP. We all used privatized health care to a certain extent. How much lab work is actually done in a hospital any more? They have to cut expenses too.
Absolutely and was a fantastic idea, and I congratulate him for a great idea. But the fact is not that Jack Laton used a lab.....he went to a completely privatized clinic. He could have gone to the public one but chose to go to the private one. No other politician in power now has done that, kinda backwards for someone so against privatization. I guess he is only for the people below him, he is so high up there it makes it alright for him.

What does rd stand for? What choice does one have but "let criminals go" (and I'll assume you mean probation or house arrest) when staff to watch them is reduced to well below safe levels and structurally, the penal system is a relic of the fifties?
I can't remember where i came up with RD1331, been using it for so long on message boards that if i use something else i will forget it.
They have lots of choice...they have room in there prisons. It is the NDP way in manitoba, they let them go, they want to Rehabilitate them. Hasn't worked yet, they should all be locked up. Are you kidding me....150+ stolen cars, killed people, and walking with only probation. Are you kidding me. This is no joke....that is the stats of one of the car thief in winnipeg, and there are lots like him, and actually a lot of females aswell.

I believe in a fair system. I believe that more money should be put into programs to keep people out of jail before they commit a crime. No one in Canada forces you to commit a crime, I have lived in lots of 3rd world countries so don't give me they have no other choice. No other choice is some people living in 3rd world. There is lots of choice in Canada, You do the crime you do the time. They know that committing this act is wrong and could put them in jail, they choose to commit it anyways. To have murderers walking freely is a joke.

Economy wise, i think most big business in Canada is hurting right now, not the oil & gas, but thats another story. Crooks to them. But the rest is....and without help they will continue to layoff people. Tax cuts is a way to put more money in pocket so they can hold onto jobs, and keep them off the unemployement list where the government has to pay for them, which would cost more than the tax cuts.

Its a hard situation but jumping to conclusion, using the 500billion for the US economy doesn't work. First off all the US economy is a lot larger than ours....so 500 billion sounds huge but that would be less the 10 billion in canada, economy to economy.

rd1331

Nov 29, 2008
My english is worse than it normally is. And its my first language....ok time for bed, or maybe some gramar classes. Oh add spelling to that aswell.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008

Biggest Debt.....well take a look at what they did in BC. The more than doubled the debt and ruined the economy when they where in power.

paranoia talking
Did you read my post. Just look at Manitoba, has NDP has for a while. Highest Crime rate in the country and it is sky rocketing. All there lets give them a second try has done them well. But the stats must lie i guess.

I Never said they shouldn't pay tax, read again. Business men and women are in business normally because they love it. It is there high, it is there game. They don't normally go i have 100 million dollars hey i'm just gonna go blow it on myself. They go i can do this and take that 100million dollars and make 500 million out of it. In the process giving many people jobs who may or may not have had jobs in the first place. These people then pay taxes, and also are not a drain on the government if they are adding jobs to the economy because they no longer need public assistance. In the end the government makes ALOT more money by giving corporate tax cuts than giving cuts to the normal people. Also remember most of your Investments, mutual funds, are invested in these exact companies. So by giving them tax cuts especially in a time like now, they have more money to keep employees working instead off laying them off, which shows well for investment which keeps the stock price up. Although all stocks suck right now, mine seem to especially. :smile:

It is a balancing act. You can't let them run free but you can't over tax them like the NDP like to do. Just look at the mining industries in BC, ohya there aren't any anymore. It used to be one of the largest industries in BC until the NDP taxed them out of business.

Absolutely and was a fantastic idea, and I congratulate him for a great idea. But the fact is not that Jack Laton used a lab.....he went to a completely privatized clinic. He could have gone to the public one but chose to go to the private one. No other politician in power now has done that, kinda backwards for someone so against privatization. I guess he is only for the people below him, he is so high up there it makes it alright for him.

I can't remember where i came up with RD1331, been using it for so long on message boards that if i use something else i will forget it.
They have lots of choice...they have room in there prisons. It is the NDP way in manitoba, they let them go, they want to Rehabilitate them. Hasn't worked yet, they should all be locked up. Are you kidding me....150+ stolen cars, killed people, and walking with only probation. Are you kidding me. This is no joke....that is the stats of one of the car thief in winnipeg, and there are lots like him, and actually a lot of females aswell.

I believe in a fair system. I believe that more money should be put into programs to keep people out of jail before they commit a crime. No one in Canada forces you to commit a crime, I have lived in lots of 3rd world countries so don't give me they have no other choice. No other choice is some people living in 3rd world. There is lots of choice in Canada, You do the crime you do the time. They know that committing this act is wrong and could put them in jail, they choose to commit it anyways. To have murderers walking freely is a joke.

Economy wise, i think most big business in Canada is hurting right now, not the oil & gas, but thats another story. Crooks to them. But the rest is....and without help they will continue to layoff people. Tax cuts is a way to put more money in pocket so they can hold onto jobs, and keep them off the unemployement list where the government has to pay for them, which would cost more than the tax cuts.

Its a hard situation but jumping to conclusion, using the 500billion for the US economy doesn't work. First off all the US economy is a lot larger than ours....so 500 billion sounds huge but that would be less the 10 billion in canada, economy to economy.

Historically economic hard times go hand in hand with your thread. Of course it is wrong but to just Blame the Feds is not totally true. All governments in Canada (during this crisis) need to be extremely attentive to what they cut in expenditures and what must be maintained.
Obviously the message hasn't sunk in, so far.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

"Canada stands for giving the right to women to choose whether they want an abortion or not."- WHILE AT THE SAME TIME DENYING RIGHTS TO THE SUBJECT OF THE MATTER- THE FETUS. The problem with "left wing" politics is that for every "upside" there's a "downside" to balance it out. Every one of these so called rights and freedoms, some poor bastard is paying for. "Public funding for education and health care" simply means that the user is paying for it- who else would be paying for it- A man from Mars? :p

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Considering how much is wrong with that original post, this thread is pointless.

In the last election campaign, the LIBERALS had, as part of their Green Shift, 'deepening and accelerating corporate tax cuts'. So, tax cuts to corporations are not a conservative plan, it's a liberal plan.

Furthermore, the original post takes a bunch of concepts, and posits them as 'what Canada stands for', with zero basis for this.

I could claim that Canada stands for wood burning heat in every house, and it would be as logical as this bull****.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Considering how much is wrong with that original post, this thread is pointless.

In the last election campaign, the LIBERALS had, as part of their Green Shift, 'deepening and accelerating corporate tax cuts'. So, tax cuts to corporations are not a conservative plan, it's a liberal plan.

Furthermore, the original post takes a bunch of concepts, and posits them as 'what Canada stands for', with zero basis for this.

I could claim that Canada stands for wood burning heat in every house, and it would be as logical as this bull****.

You just ain't whistling Dixie.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Exactly.

This guy has lefty disease......the delusion that he has been personally blessed with TRUTH from on high, and anyone that varies from a complete dedication to his TRUTH is something almost indefineably awful....like "unCanadian"......which is, of course a joke.

To say to be Canadian you have to sign on to a whole number of ideologies of any stripe is not only arrogant in the extreme, it is anti-democratic, a challenge to the open exchange of ideas........but it does very effectively reveal the stupidity of the author.........

Northboy

Electoral Member

Where do you get your facts about what happened in BC???
I am not an NDP supporter, but I think you need to get the story straight and not skew it with politically driven diatribe. Keeping the history straight is important, other wise we don't learn.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Where do you get your facts about what happened in BC???
I am not an NDP supporter, but I think you need to get the story straight and not skew it with politically driven diatribe. Keeping the history straight is important, other wise we don't learn.

Oh, rd has the history straight all right, I've lived in B.C. all my life, but to be fair the Liberals are only a shade better.

rd1331

Nov 29, 2008
When the NDP took power the provincial debt was 17 Billion, when the lost to the liberals it was 34 Billion. If you do your math, wait for it. Thats doubling the debt.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

I don't have to research. You're the one making allegations. Innocent until proven guilty ... remember?

And who is doing these crimes? One can't blame a provincial government for what a federal government mandates.

I Never said they shouldn't pay tax, read again.

Read again? Big chunks of fact are missing.

Business men and women are in business normally because they love it. It is there high, it is there game.

Addiction. What more do you have to say?

They don't normally go i have 100 million dollars hey i'm just gonna go blow it on myself. They go i can do this and take that 100million dollars and make 500 million out of it. In the process giving many people jobs who may or may not have had jobs in the first place.

...or moving those jobs to some place where the profit margin is a little better - where they don't have to pay union rate or for safety or for anti pollution measures.

These people then pay taxes, and also are not a drain on the government if they are adding jobs to the economy because they no longer need public assistance.

Ahh ... now I see where this one's going. If they're not working, let 'em starve...

In the end the government makes ALOT more money by giving corporate tax cuts than giving cuts to the normal people. Also remember most of your Investments, mutual funds, are invested in these exact companies. So by giving them tax cuts especially in a time like now, they have more money to keep employees working instead off laying them off, which shows well for investment which keeps the stock price up. Although all stocks suck right now, mine seem to especially. :smile:

What about in a time like when the government trades away good-paying industrial jobs for minimum wage ones? Volvo for Wal-Mart? Weyerhauser for McDonalds? ...or puts sawmill workers out of work in bad softwood lumber deals or in the appeasement of Quebec (Tembec) It that sound economy thinking ... or another sell-out?

When it's an emergency situation, who really wants to wait in line? We all panic in different ways. Do you know the details ... or was that just propagandized?

Again ... who are doing the crimes? If they're walking among our laws, nobody deserves to be exempt from them.

I believe in a fair system. I believe that more money should be put into programs to keep people out of jail before they commit a crime. No one in Canada forces you to commit a crime, I have lived in lots of 3rd world countries so don't give me they have no other choice. No other choice is some people living in 3rd world. There is lots of choice in Canada,

You may have lived in those countries ... but you obviously don't live their reality so who are you to judge? It's the judgements of they who use themselves as the gauge to measure others by that are the biggest of roadblocks. In other words ... open minded is less hindrance than open-mouthed.

You do the crime you do the time. They know that committing this act is wrong and could put them in jail, they choose to commit it anyways. To have murderers walking freely is a joke.

Why should anyone be rewarded for being incompetent? In the working world, they'd become unemployed.