Flaherty to Slash Public Funding for Federal Parties

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
That will be the nail on the coffin of the Cons, if their secret agenda is to starve the opposition from getting public donations so they can gain superiority in the house........The Conservatives are mean and bad for Canada…..

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I'll say it again when all is said and done the secrets of the victors always rise to the top!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What do you mean? Our hierarchical (class) democracy is working fine. Mutiple parties are inefficient.

Since when does the public funding of political parties have anything to do with democracy? I can't see where removing all public funding helps anyone but the poor taxpayer. Maybe they will all try harder. The miserable voter turnout for the last election suggests that the general public don't care enough.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
One needs someone that uses the truth and is worth voting for. Didn't happen. But wait, in the sky, is it a plane, a bird, a con, No it's Justin...Yeah...

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
One needs someone that uses the truth and is worth voting for. Didn't happen. But wait, in the sky, is it a plane, a bird, a con, No it's Justin...Yeah...

I think with the all goings on in the political economic mess we see today by the time the dust settles Canadians would line up to vote for a cool, intelligent and charismatic politician like Justin Trudeau.......Time goes fast...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Since when does the public funding of political parties have anything to do with democracy? I can't see where removing all public funding helps anyone but the poor taxpayer. Maybe they will all try harder. The miserable voter turnout for the last election suggests that the general public don't care enough.

Well it's like this Juan. If we "the public"don't pay for political parties someone else will. The general public has grown tired of a shoddy product Juan same as with the ****ty cars and the ****ty food. We will be trying harder though.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The Cons will drive Canada to ruins and blame the world down turn....

We must never forget the mess, the American Con Bush gang put the most powerful nation on earth into, a position were China has become Americas financier, or banker if you will.....
Isn’t there a lesson to be learned from a Con Government?
Deficits will hurt Canada and looking at the attitude of the Cons, they will starve the Country so 38 of these idiots will have a job.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Well I told you all the Conservatives were scum and here they are back in charge doing much of what I said they'd do..... Once again, I told you all so..... now we can all just suck it up and watch what they give us.

The other parties have two options.... Fight the proposal and force another election (Which I doubt people would be impressed with) or vote for it and cut their own throats.... either way they screw themselves and this is exactly what the conservatives wanted in the first place, which is why they called the election when they did in the first place.

What, you guys think this is all a coincidence?

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
I think beave nailed it:
If we "the public"don't pay for political parties someone else will.

Exactly, and I don't want my government representative to be paid for by Exxon, or Monsanto or throw in your favorite corporate villan here. The money to campaign should come from us, the voters. The little people, millions of us that there are. Hey, five dollars each. Work within a budget, politicians, the rest of us do.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Well I told you all the Conservatives were scum and here they are back in charge doing much of what I said they'd do..... Once again, I told you all so..... now we can all just suck it up and watch what they give us.

The other parties have two options.... Fight the proposal and force another election (Which I doubt people would be impressed with) or vote for it and cut their own throats.... either way they screw themselves and this is exactly what the conservatives wanted in the first place, which is why they called the election when they did in the first place.

What, you guys think this is all a coincidence?

This is no coincidence this is the secret agenda finally having the doors locked.
But one thing that we must never forget. The Cons have a minority, soon they will piss more people off then they thing and that will be Harpers slippery slope......once on that slope there is no coming back......Come 2010 it will be the Cons turn to eat craw...................To bad by then the deficit will be havening @ the $25Billion mark as well many jobs will vanish….

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Praxius, good observation:

The other parties have two options.... Fight the proposal and force another election (Which I doubt people would be impressed with) or vote for it and cut their own throats.

Truly over a barrel on that one. I'm actually listening right now to CBC where someone is speaking about this. It's more complicated than it seems here. I'm gonna go listen for a bit.