Liberal Infighting

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yep....it appears the once great Liberal Party of Canada is tearing itself apart.........

It should now be known as the Liberal Party of Toronto.......

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Hopefully this is not the beginning of the end for them.
Then we will have to face another `child` party.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Trudeau was somehow able to meld the party together, but since then, there are factions that cannot seem to agree on anything. Chretien and Martin were leading two different factions in the party, and it goes on today.

Personally, I don't think either Rae or Ignatieff are 'electable' leaders, and Leblanc is a non-starter. I can only forsee several more years of the Liberals wandering around the swamps, focussed on their internal party differences. At some point, the party might realize that they are not 'Canada', and until they get their act together, the voters won't elect them.

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
Agree or disagree. We need Justin now.

Scratch,

This topic was covered in a thread not long ago.
Justin has firmly announced he will not stand.

He is completely untested and the party will not back him in any case.

It doesnt matter that some of the electorate view him as the new messiah from Camelot,
he aint running this time round.

Trex

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Neither

Neither..Bob was Good as an ndp leader ..some would argue!.....Liberals lack strong leadership..Canada lacks a good Canadian leader period!..That's the problem with Canadian politics today ..No good leaders...Obama is Canada's best choice..Politicains would probably agree..That's part of the problem..lol

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Neither..Bob was Good as an ndp leader ..some would argue!.....Liberals lack strong leadership..Canada lacks a good Canadian leader period!..That's the problem with Canadian politics today ..No good leaders...Obama is Canada's best choice..Politicains would probably agree..That's part of the problem..lol

Is Obama a 'good leader'?? Doesn't one have to have some experience as a leader to be rated as a 'good leader'?

I have no idea if he's a good leader or not, time will tell. I certainly thought he was the best choice on offer for Americans, but I can hardly call him a good leader. Yet.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Yep....it appears the once great Liberal Party of Canada is tearing itself apart.........

It should now be known as the Liberal Party of Toronto.......

Good day Colpy, easy with the friendly fire......
The Cons were fighting amongst them self’s for the past 14 years, going from leadership convention to a new name for the Cons and still to this day Canadians are holding their noses voting for the Cons........Easy now, the Liberals are not dead like the Cons were. The Liberals are regrouping.......and we all know what that means......:smile:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Scratch,

This topic was covered in a thread not long ago.
Justin has firmly announced he will not stand.

He is completely untested and the party will not back him in any case.

It doesnt matter that some of the electorate view him as the new messiah from Camelot,
he aint running this time round.

Trex

The kid is young with huge political poetical, this time he may not run but the kid is not far from making political history.... When Justin hits the road to convince Canadians he will be more then ready... IT WILL BE TRUDEAU-MANNIA ONCE AGAIN.....
Justin just won the Montreal riding, he is ready for take off....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com: Justin Trudeau wins Montreal riding

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Good leaders get majority

Obama Has so far proven he is a good leader by his Majority!!..Leaders show leadership right from the beginning!..Good leaders are made by the people who back them because they believe you show leadership!..Although only time will tell for sure!!...There are good leaders and bad leaders..Then they're are minority leaders?...Canada needs a good strong leader!!

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Probably much sooner than Justin or the Libs figured. Keep an eye out. When he speaks people will listen.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Has he proven himself?? Not at all. Quit dreaming.

Risus quit being so cynical, are you afraid that a new star is born and Harper will be so out dated?
Be fair, this is a free country where one could reach unthinkable heights...

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Risus quit being so cynical, are you afraid that a new star is born and Harper will be so out dated?
Be fair, this is a free country where one could reach unthinkable heights...

Well whatever, the liberal party is in a mess and getting worse. It will be quite a while before Harper is outdated.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Well whatever, the liberal party is in a mess and getting worse. It will be quite a while before Harper is outdated.

Risus don’t hold your breath, like we all know let something exposed to the sun long enough and heat will change shape, color, and reliability, same in the political economics arena, bad economy = heat, exposed to that heat for the next two years, and man we have a political economic deficit-aerial calamity, truth is Harper is not the route cause, but many in the political arena around the Globe who contributed to this financial melt down by believing deficits and unregulated banking practices are expectable for the short term came back to bite and bite the hard...
So you know what is store for Harper........................;-)