Neo Conservatives vandalize Liberal supporters

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
http://www.680news.com/news/headlines/more.jsp?content=20081006_084042_9296

Every time the Conservative lawn sign brigade goes through an area Liberal signs are trashed.

The Conservatives are losing the fight and they are resorting to violence to intimidate people that support the Liberal party.

The NDP would not do this because they know that they will be elected as an opposition party and the Greens would not do this because they are trying to get at least one member elected.

In the two years that that the Conservatives have been in power they used strong arm tactics to govern like restricting access to the Prime Minister and only pre-approved questions from the media could be asked.

Most of the press releases that I received from the PMO, when the government made announcements on new plans on the bottom always said, “photo op no questions”

We have to remember that it was a federal finance minister that said that no business should invest in Ontario his exact words were “The province of Ontario is the last place a business should invest in.”

I wouldn’t be surprised that the Neo Conservatives are taking advice from another neo Conservative group that successfully rose to power and formed a majority by using intimidation back in 1930’s Europe.

That party rose to power in a depression, which we are about to experience.

With a Conservative majority government history is about to repeat itself.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I heard it was the Liberals who did it to themselves.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Based on the reports in the news there wasn't any information pointing that Pro-Conservatives were behind this act..... it very well could have been someone who supports the NDP, Greens, Conservatives, heck.... could have been someone who doesn't even vote or like any party in paticular, but got screwed over by Liberals in some manner or another.

Could have been the Liberals themselves to make themselves look like the victims in this, and perhaps scrounge up some sympathy votes..... who knows?

Until it can be determined who commited this act, I'm not about to jump into some Neo-Nazi pipe dream.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Absolutely disgraceful!

What the hell is wrong with people...........it's a democracy, morons.....everyone gets their say....

Here in Saint john I've seen a few signs vandalized, bad enough, but that is all. BTW, they were all Conservative signs........

And one should be careful who they throw accusations at Liberalboy...........as far as I can see, the ones most apt to destroy in protest or an attempt to drown out the opposing side are those from the left........and considering the area....there are Conservatives in TO???????? :cool:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
http://www.680news.com/news/headlines/more.jsp?content=20081006_084042_9296

Every time the Conservative lawn sign brigade goes through an area Liberal signs are trashed.

The Conservatives are losing the fight and they are resorting to violence to intimidate people that support the Liberal party.

The NDP would not do this because they know that they will be elected as an opposition party and the Greens would not do this because they are trying to get at least one member elected.

In the two years that that the Conservatives have been in power they used strong arm tactics to govern like restricting access to the Prime Minister and only pre-approved questions from the media could be asked.

Most of the press releases that I received from the PMO, when the government made announcements on new plans on the bottom always said, “photo op no questions”

We have to remember that it was a federal finance minister that said that no business should invest in Ontario his exact words were “The province of Ontario is the last place a business should invest in.”

I wouldn’t be surprised that the Neo Conservatives are taking advice from another neo Conservative group that successfully rose to power and formed a majority by using intimidation back in 1930’s Europe.

That party rose to power in a depression, which we are about to experience.

With a Conservative majority government history is about to repeat itself.

Not to make light of this, as childish as it may seem it does happen.
I can see two signs outside of my bedroom window and for the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that theses signs have switched.
Back and forth, back and forth.
I haven't noticed anyone around except the owners of the homes. Could it be be that they themselves are doing this. In essence negating the other's choice. Don't know, but it is unusual and odd,
almost like a mini election going on.

They seem to know each other well and of course are trespassing but I have not heard an angry word from either of them.
.....life is funny sometimes....

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Praxius- just FYI some of the graffitti included "Mcguinty lies" and "B.Rae Lies"

I don't think anyone looking for some kind of sympathy would try to make the "appeal" look SO misguided and kinda totally idiotic-like, similar to them post 9-11 losers who bombed that Hindu temple in hamilton

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
In my riding I have seen a lot of Liberal signs defaced or destroyed.....only one CPC sign.

Nobody is touching the NDP or Greens.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
the ones most apt to destroy in protest or an attempt to drown out the opposing side are those from the left
Like 1995 Queen's Park in Toronto when they stabbed the horses and threw paving stones at the police.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Like 1995 Queen's Park in Toronto when they stabbed the horses and threw paving stones at the police.

Now you're talking Walter. I would focus on the violent past of the voter denied. There is a limit. It's very close. There's nothing like a good old fashioned Italian fascist hunt. Every rock in every slimey pool will be overturned lookin for bounty-cons and banker scum. Finally we'll get some good old fashioned conservatism, I'm tired of 2%.:lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Ever seen a G7 meeting?

Or how about world trade talks?

And I've been to a few anti-gun control rallies.....damned polite affairs in comparison.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but aren't they composed mostly of BUSINESS type folk ... the kind you and Harpo praise up as right?

Do you know all the words to LA LA LA LA and the hands-on-ears dance?