How do you vote?

Trex

Electoral Member
Apr 4, 2007
Hither and yon
How do you vote?

By Party: Loyal to a particular party. Will stick with a party through thick and thin no matter the platform.

By Platform: The best platform gets the vote no matter where on the political spectrum the party lies.

By Leader: The best Leader should get the Big Job.

Best of the Worst: They all lie. Cross out the worst of the cheats and lier's and then vote for whomever is left?

Buy my vote: Whatever party/leader promises the most "goodies" for me and mine gets the vote.

Wing it: Turn up at the poll somewhat undecided. Pick someone and go home.

Don't vote: I refuse to be part of the fascist running-dog charade.

Just curious,
Trex

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Combination.

Is the national leader / party acceptable? then see if local candidate is acceptable. On the off chance that there are more than one local candidate that is acceptable, and more than one national party / leader that is acceptable, I'll vote for whichever local candidate I think would do the best job.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
For the party (but not necessarily the same each time).
Last time I voted Conservative as a vote against the liberals, this time I will
vote NDP, because that is my sincere choice.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Sorry about that Avro.

I didnt quite follow.

In other words.
So you always vote local, even when its Federal.

Um....I vote for the guy that's going to be my MP.

Harper, Layton, Dion, May are not on my ballot....Flarhety, Anderson, Purdy and Fuller are.

If ,for example, you are a die hard Tory and you find out your local candidate thinks gays should be murdered....do you still vote Tory?

I should hope not.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I vote on platform generally. This year, I don't know... the thought of the Libs getting in scares me so I may vote Con simply as a vote against the Libs.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I vote by putting an X in the circle on a piece of paper... :lol:

I was going to put that earlier....but add don't go outside the box or circle.....a la the last vote on separation where the justification for withholding votes was that the voters were not precise enough....That's one for the books !

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I will go for policy and platform.....it'll be tough because of all the mud slinging that's going on.

The party......not sure yet.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'll vote for the party - unless the local guy is a complete ass or another platform makes more sense, then I'll either spoil the ballot or vote for the better idea.

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
I use an algorithim which factors in multiple variables, including national platform, perceived confidence in party leader, and whether my local candidate has said anything stupid in the last couple years.

Anita Neville is my MP, and I know I'm not going to vote for her, because I never have, and she's a typically useless MP, in that she doesn't necessarily **** things up, but things don't change either...

The Con candidate, Trevor Kennerd's only achievement is that he was a 3 time CFL all-star and helped the Blue Bombers to 3 Grey Cup victories...I guess he stole a page from Ken Dryden's playbook...

Green Party rep is Vere Scott...that's about all I have to say about that...

So I'm looking at Rachel Heinrichs with a little less scrutiny, as she would win my vote by default, because she's kinda cute...

Yeah, that's right, cuteness is a variable in my formula as well...

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I use an algorithim which factors in multiple variables, including national platform, perceived confidence in party leader, and whether my local candidate has said anything stupid in the last couple years.

Anita Neville is my MP, and I know I'm not going to vote for her, because I never have, and she's a typically useless MP, in that she doesn't necessarily **** things up, but things don't change either...

The Con candidate, Trevor Kennerd's only achievement is that he was a 3 time CFL all-star and helped the Blue Bombers to 3 Grey Cup victories...I guess he stole a page from Ken Dryden's playbook...

Green Party rep is Vere Scott...that's about all I have to say about that...

So I'm looking at Rachel Heinrichs with a little less scrutiny, as she would win my vote by default, because she's kinda cute...

Yeah, that's right, cuteness is a variable in my formula as well...

Love the logic.
Have a good one.

scratch

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Thsi time against the conservatives- Harper wanted to join Coalition of the Willing
vote Green ? lost vote
vote NDP ? lost vote in My neighbourhood vote Liberal--chance to keep put Lib in Keep Conservatuive out

SO--Best of the worst, Platform , Leader but really the thought BUT my real thought Don't vote: I refuse to be part of the fascist running-dog charade.

My question , Just curious --Does it really make a difference who is elected?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Thsi time against the conservatives- Harper wanted to join Coalition of the Willing
vote Green ? lost vote
vote NDP ? lost vote in My neighbourhood vote Liberal--chance to keep put Lib in Keep Conservatuive out

SO--Best of the worst, Platform , Leader but really the thought BUT my real thought Don't vote: I refuse to be part of the fascist running-dog charade.

My question , Just curious --Does it really make a difference who is elected?

Most times ... not really ... but a vote means YOU matter and isn't that what really counts?

Reactions: Outta here

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
I don't see how I matter when I vote since once elected that representative does not vote to reflect the constituancy but votes as told by the party.