Another con goody: now it's drunken natives

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
No wonder he had to muzzle the retards, what must it be like when you can't take your ministers into the streets for fear they will talk.

That is what will kill the Conservatives Harpers control on all of his ministers….
KEEP YOU MOUTH SHUT…………….. is Harpers daily reminder to his idiots….

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
It's nice, really- let's sit back and wait for the Harper/Con supporters to come in and subtly (or even more funny overtly) suggest that since it's "true" you can't call it racism, and that the real shame is that everyone doesn't share the same racist views

I guess Harpers muzzle doesn't seem as bad, if he alone knew his whole party was formed from racist morons I guess he DID have to shut them up- tho a TRUE leader would have turfed the idiots out and recruited folks who weren't filled with such a thinly-veiled ideology of hatred- I guess they're ALL losers after all

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
It's nice, really- let's sit back and wait for the Harper/Con supporters to come in and subtly (or even more funny overtly) suggest that since it's "true" you can't call it racism, and that the real shame is that everyone doesn't share the same racist views

I guess Harpers muzzle doesn't seem as bad, if he alone knew his whole party was formed from racist morons I guess he DID have to shut them up- tho a TRUE leader would have turfed the idiots out and recruited folks who weren't filled with such a thinly-veiled ideology of hatred- I guess they're ALL losers after all

It is astonishing looking at the bull that comes out of some of these die harts……..
Looking back at the Mulroney years who can believe that a PM would get 3 consecutive landslide victories, and at the end the people will be selling the Brian Mulroney dolls with the rope around his neck…………

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
:lol::lol: Oh, bless ma soul, we do need ministers like these:

What part of the cesspool does he find them??

Not fit to eat with pigs..........well.........yah, they are.

http://news.sympatico.msn.ca/abc/El..._ELECTION&showbyline=True&newsitemid=61945033

"if you BEHAVE and you're SOBER"

ah jeebus!!!

rollem out, Harpo.

One of the natives had been drinking at a previous meeting.

Good lord!

If it were a white man drunk at a meeting at the ministerial level......well........are you saying he should be excused because he is a native?

so who is racist?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
One of the natives had been drinking at a previous meeting.

Good lord!

If it were a white man drunk at a meeting at the ministerial level......well........are you saying he should be excused because he is a native?

so who is racist?

If he's a white man, be definition, he can't be a native......WTF are you talking about?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
If he's a white man, be definition, he can't be a native......WTF are you talking about?

:) Poorly said, on my part.

I meant no one would see anything wrong with the minister for taking a white man to task if he had been drinking at a meeting.........the only reason this gets any attention is because the natives were being slapped down for bringing a drunk to a meeting.....

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
"one of 'them' had been drinking"

That's something near and dear to the real cold-hearted "conservative" spin-o-rama

"those people".. "these people".. "you know how 'THEY' are"

It's some attempt to pretend they're not saying what they're saying

IF, in your mollifying example Colpy (nice freudian slip in the first post btw LMFAO) there was a NAME attached to a minister, or perhaps a position occupied by a specific person at said meeting, that would be quite alright (unless it wasn't even true but that's not what we're on about here)

The seemingly innocuous yet painfully obviously intentional phraseology in the statement in the OP is insulting on several levels, one of which is that it somehow didn't mean what it so obviously does

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
How is it different when the Liberals say very similar things? I'm not a fan of Harper but some of you seem to have pretty selective memory.

Like http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...l-remarks.html
"B.C. Liberal MLA Dennis MacKay is under fire for saying a lot of aboriginal people benefited from the residential school system."
Now now.... I'm an equal opportinist.... I never miss a chance to sink any foot hovering near an open mouth. Hell ... sometimes it's even my own....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
"One of them showed up the other day and was drinking ... I'm not calling you an alcoholic. No. It was just to say that you're in a federal office. If you're coming in to negotiate, I expect, there's decorum that has to be respected."

Was one of the group drinking? If one of their group was drinking, then her telling that group, or a member of that group, that she has no problem with them if they're sober, seems like a fairly reasonable statement. She says nothing about their race in those quotes.

Now, if none of them (them as in their group... not them as in natives) were showing up drinking, then it's a different story.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
"one of 'them' had been drinking"

That's something near and dear to the real cold-hearted "conservative" spin-o-rama

what should she have said if she was stating that one of their delegation was drinking? Is 'them' not accurate?

And, a further question... if a party (the conservatives) should be held accountable for the actions of this person's blunder, then shouldn't a delegation be just as responsible for one another's actions when dealing with government?