The Canadian election………….

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Harper set the election date for October 19 2009, the real reason why he wants to call for a hypocritical time change is simply because he as an economist knows that the economy will hit the tank in Canada by the time the 2009 election comes about……..plus Deon is weak and he feels that a majorety is waiting for him.................

Self hypocritical serving……………

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Yep I think that's a fair statement. Dion's weakness is a Liberal problem. Liberals elected him and a federal party should be ready for an election especially in times such as these.

Not that it would come about but I wonder what would happen if the GG offered the other parties a chance to make up a coalition government?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Yep I think that's a fair statement. Dion's weakness is a Liberal problem. Liberals elected him and a federal party should be ready for an election especially in times such as these.

Not that it would come about but I wonder what would happen if the GG offered the other parties a chance to make up a coalition government?

Yep, this is going to be a very dull election no matter what the outcome, but a Harper majority mandate, that is constipated thought….

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
Things are looking good here in Quebec. Harper is ahead. Let's hope he can hold on to his lead. Folks here are getting mighty tired of the same old issues. We want a government who is serious about getting tough on crime. We also want a government who will not impose any new taxes (ie the carbon tax). Many of us are also supporting Harper as he publically voiced his disapproval of the nomination of Dr. Deat .. .er I mean Dr. Mortengaler by the Governor General based on a recommendation by a liberal biased committee.

The Gazette

Prospects for a federal election this fall have increased with a new poll that shows the Conservatives as the most popular federal party in Quebec.

A survey by the reputable CROP polling firm shows the Conservatives heading the pack with 31 per cent support, a shade ahead of the Bloc Québécois, which registered 30 per cent. The Liberals trail in third place with 20 per cent, followed by the NDP with 14 per cent support.

The poll also showed that Stephen Harper is by far Quebecers' top choice among federal party leader, with 35 per cent saying he is best suited to be prime minister. New Democratic Party leader Jack Layton came in second, favoured by 24 per cent, while only 20 per cent opted for Liberal leader Stéphane Dion.

The poll also showed a majority of Quebecers are satisfied with the Conservative government, with 52 per cent in favour and 42 per cent against.

Here's the full story ...

Conservatives Lead in Quebec: Poll

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Harper set the election date for October 19 2009, the real reason why he wants to call for a hypocritical time change is simply because he as an economist knows that the economy will hit the tank in Canada by the time the 2009 election comes about……..plus Deon is weak and he feels that a majorety is waiting for him.................

Self hypocritical serving……………
LOL, first learn how to spell your glorious liberal party leader's name...
Second, maybe hitting the liberals while they are weak is smart, and not hypocritical. And Dion being weak is a definite fact...

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
LOL, first learn how to spell your glorious liberal party leader's name...
Second, maybe hitting the liberals while they are weak is smart, and not hypocritical. And Dion being weak is a definite fact...

Risus don’t pick on me pal, you look at some of the others here they all make typo mistakes, don’t bother me about spelling, I am not making fun of you when you did not know how to up load a picture on this forum,
I STILL LIKE YOU BUT BaCK OFF………….

Last edited:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Risus don’t pick on me pal, I don’t give a f uck about your sniping about my spelling, you look at some of the others here they all make typo mistakes, don’t f ucking bother me about spelling, I am not making fun of you when you did not know how to up load a picture on this forum, OK MR PERFECT?????????????
I STILL LIKE YOU BUT BUCK THE F OFF………….
LOL, it was a joke...
But you didn't address the issue, pal.

Last edited:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
You still didn't address the issue... :p

One threat in the Quebec political horizon for the Liberals is that if the NDP and the Bloc Quebecois form an alliance, the liberals may have to work hard in getting back governing Canada…..and I do agree Dion will not cut it and the Federal NDP in alliance with the Bloc Quebecois may insure a Conservative minority………………Very opportune for Harper to go back on his set election date out of pure convenience, in an effort to smooth through some of the Conservative skeletons which should they get resolved before 2009 they may cause the electorate to think other wise and completely do away with the Conservatives, and should that happen, Mr. Dion will do an impression of Joe Clerk and go out as soon as the Liberal successor is found….

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
There's apparently going to be a 5 billion dollar surplus despite the U.S. slow down and the drop in oil prices- Plenty of election goodies to butter everybody up.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
There's apparently going to be a 5 billion dollar surplus despite the U.S. slow down and the drop in oil prices- Plenty of election goodies to butter everybody up.

The
The bottom line Lester, Harper is a self serving weasel, a fixed election date has its reason why it is a fixed election date, but God Harper feels that if he doesn’t pull the plug on his parliament, he could very well find him self blown completely out of contention should he wait until 2009 proper election time, but the hypocrite is a Nazy style government and the buttering up is all bull sh!t. Harper has a good selection of living skeletons in his political closet and one of them will put the Conservatives on a spiral disadvantage… Traditionally Canada functions better with the Libs on the helm……………The Liberals are coming………..

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The
The bottom line Lester, Harper is a self serving weasel, a fixed election date has its reason why it is a fixed election date, but God Harper feels that if he doesn’t pull the plug on his parliament, he could very well find him self blown completely out of contention should hi wait until 2009 proper election time, but the hypocrite is a Nazy style government and the buttering up is all bull sh!t. Harper has a good selection of living skeletons in his political closet and one of them will put the Conservatives on a spiral disadvantage… Traditionally Canada functions better with the Libs on the helm……………The Liberals are coming………..

O BS. Although I agree that Harper painted himself into a corner on election dates, and should stick to the legislated agenda.

The Liberal Party practically destroyed this country.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
O BS. Although I agree that Harper painted himself into a corner on election dates, and should stick to the legislated agenda.

The Liberals did something cons couldn't do, gave us a strong economy, gave us a surplus and actually became the only G8 nation to pay down it's debt.

Yep, they destroyed it alright.:roll:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Do I actually agree with Colpy on something else???? 8O

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The
The bottom line Lester, Harper is a self serving weasel, a fixed election date has its reason why it is a fixed election date, but God Harper feels that if he doesn’t pull the plug on his parliament, he could very well find him self blown completely out of contention should hi wait until 2009 proper election time, but the hypocrite is a Nazy style government and the buttering up is all bull sh!t. Harper has a good selection of living skeletons in his political closet and one of them will put the Conservatives on a spiral disadvantage… Traditionally Canada functions better with the Libs on the helm……………The Liberals are coming………..
Soc, the liberals will need a whole damn cemetary to get rid of their skeletons....