Abortion is harmful to the economy

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Doctors who perform abortions should be ordered to pay one hundred thousand per baby aborted to the Government of Canada for lost taxes,lost employment opportunities.

Abortion should be treated like cigarettes they are legal to buy but illegal to smoke in most areas.

The anti-abortionists should take their fight into the courts just like the anti-smoking group.

The anti-smoking groups jumped up and down for years with no results that smoking is bad until they took it to court and started to fight that “second hand smoke that hurts people that don’t smoke” as an argument.

Initually they lost but kept on fighting it until they won.

The anti-abortion groups gets millions of dollars in donation money from people that want the present abortion laws changed and the courts would be the best place for positive change.

The women have the right to choose to have an abortion but they have to pay for future of society degregation.

A woman that has an abortion should pay double taxation to the government for life and if they decide to have another abortion then triple tax and so on.

When abortion was made legal in the 1970’s a lot of people lost their jobs because the Generation X dramatically decreased because schools had to be closed because of the lack of kids being born all the services and manufacturing sectors suffered as Generation X grew up.

Our sociaty needs a fresh supply of babies on a regular bases to survive if we lose that due to abortions then we eventually start to see negative population growth which puts preasure for the governments to increase immigration and let people in that don’t have the same beliefs as we do.

Those families that come to Canada will bring with them their five or six kids that we need.

Now a lot of women will say that they can’t take care of the their babies because of problems they might have.

In Canada couples that can’t have a baby or children have to wait years to get one.

Other women say that they can’t afford to bring their baby to term this is where our government has to step up to the plate give support let the baby bonus start at the time of a confirmed birth.

If the anti-abortionists take this argument to court and keep on fighting this then there will be a dramatic decrease in abortions.

Women will still have the right to choose to have an abortion but with consiquences they will choose more carefully.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Silly idea.
What about the abortion that would kill the mother if she did have the child? Or perhaps the kids that are born by rapists and the Downe's Syndrome kids. Perhaps the gov't should raise these kids. The mothers would be traumatised enough by being raped. Why add the monetary burden to them?
Abortion = nicotene? Laughable.
Besides, it is well known that plugging up the countryside with people is not environmentally friendly. It kills the planet we use to sustain us.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
"Abortion is harmful to the economy". I think that's a true but incomplete statement. Abortion began because it was good for the economy, in fact is was vital to the tribe. Adjustments of populations both for numbers and sex have been insturmental tools in human developement. Without the practice we would not be here talking about it. I think the problem lies in "the economy". What is "the economy"? It's more complex than justs the dollars and cents.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
What about all the welfare we save with abortion. Maybe we should pay doctor $100,000 to abort babies of welfare moms.

It is a two way street.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
What about all the welfare we save with abortion. Maybe we should pay doctor $100,000 to abort babies of welfare moms.

It is a two way street.

Now that has possibilities...

Better still, do away with welfare.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Then they could pay for IVF and make an even greater profit.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Some studies have shown that lower crime rates are a result of the availability of abortions, so I guess we should be paying the doctors extra, for saving society.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Abortions are harmful to babies [95% of them] nonetheless.
I don't care about your special "cases." Most of the abortion done is due to the fact that MANY people lack a simple logic: "sex produce babies." Why should babies suffer because people have sex? Nice going..but not convincing.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Abortions are harmful to babies [95% of them] nonetheless.
I don't care about your special "cases." Most of the abortion done is due to the fact that MANY people lack a simple logic: "sex produce babies." Why should babies suffer because people have sex? Nice going..but not convincing.

An embryo isn't a baby anymore than a seed is a tree.

Reactions: Kreskin

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
A baby should come into this world 'when wanted'. An early abortion is a kind thought
for the future of a child, in my opinion.
The treatment of many many children in this world is unforgiveable, and many many children come into this world, when they weren't wanted in the first place. A terrible
beginning. The idea that, as soon as the egg and sperm join, there is no turning back,
to me is ridiculous. As long as the abortion is done 'very early', it is a good thing for all
concerned, especially the mother to be, who should make the decision for herself above and beyond what anyone else has to say about the matter, she should never carry a child
for the benefit of someone else, or have an abortion because of the insistance of someone else, it is her decision 'alone'.
To label one as a murdurer is wrong, you don't know their circumstances, or their lives, but you quickly jump all over them with your ignorance, and you are not doing an embryo
any favours by insisting that it grow into a baby and come into this world, because in many cases, it shouldn't.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
An embryo isn't a baby anymore than a seed is a tree.
Suppose we abort you, would you like that?
Suppose I am to "be" aborted, would I like that?
To label one as a murdurer is wrong, you don't know their circumstances, or their lives, but you quickly jump all over them with your ignorance, and you are not doing an embryo
any favours by insisting that it grow into a baby and come into this world, because in many cases, it shouldn't.
And I guess "aborting" you is a good thing for you and people around you?
You think, "babies should come when wanted" but guess what, do we go homeless because we want to?
I know about baby's suffering and our neglegence do fulfill that very duty we so need in this world but that just tells me that you and I are scums because our society [ex. Euro, America, industrialized nation] is incapable of delivering love and care for all* children at need even with all these "extra" wealth we have.
So yeah, I guess aborted babies are, "medical waste" like the wasted food on your plate you don't like to finish off.

But then again, who are YOU to decide babies shouldn't come to this world? Why do you interfere with the nature of things? We have interfered and corrupted our nature to the very end of its limit which is causing all sort of problem on Africans and so many inhabitants on earth but now people who have opinions like yours want to corrupt humanity and make it worse like we did to earth.

And you speak of "circumstances which women might face." I'm sorry but we all face circumstances. But you know what? I believe that if you go through a challenge, it is another job well done and in the end of the day or your life, you know what you could have done instead of just "eliminating the problem for the sake of your comfort."

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
And zealots are always incapable of seeing the finer points of an issue or admitting to the obvious truth....

The "finer" points eh.... as in the line drawn by abortionists as to when a baby is human and when it isn't? Ancient peoples didn't consider a baby human untill it's first year....then it was after the first full rotation of the moon..... then it was birth..... now it's...what....20 weeks? 26 weeks? Where's YOUR line? when does it suddenly become "human" rather than just a bunch of cells?

In Canada, one can abort right up to term...legally..... bet that makes ya feel proud.... "women" have LOTS of time to "choose" in this country.

So....in your opinion....what's the best way for a woman to rid herself of this inconvenient, malignant mass of cell's?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The second trimester starts once the essential structures of the body are formed but prenatal tests like amniocentisis aren't done until well into the second trimester, and the test results don't come back right away. A woman could easily be 20 weeks before she understands her pregnancy complications. People don't choose late term abortions for contraception. They choose them after evaluating a number of serious issues, not the least of which are the quality of life for the child and family once given the facts about the situation. Issues that few of us have to face in life. Issues that are very personal, and unique. It's impossible to draw a moral timeline for all pregnancies. The only person capable of fully appreciating all of the issues and unique circumstances at hand is the pregnant mother.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
And you speak of "circumstances which women might face." I'm sorry but we all face circumstances. But you know what? I believe that if you go through a challenge, it is another job well done and in the end of the day or your life, you know what you could have done instead of just "eliminating the problem for the sake of your comfort."

No, it seems it is for the sake of your comfort. You don't wish to know each persons
individual circumstances, but you want to know that you are happy in the fact that
there are no abortions.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
The "finer" points eh.... as in the line drawn by abortionists as to when a baby is human and when it isn't? Ancient peoples didn't consider a baby human untill it's first year....then it was after the first full rotation of the moon..... then it was birth..... now it's...what....20 weeks? 26 weeks? Where's YOUR line? when does it suddenly become "human" rather than just a bunch of cells?

In Canada, one can abort right up to term...legally..... bet that makes ya feel proud.... "women" have LOTS of time to "choose" in this country.

So....in your opinion....what's the best way for a woman to rid herself of this inconvenient, malignant mass of cell's?

Go out and try to find a doctor in the US or Canada who will abort a healthy fetus that is near term. And try to find a woman who just decided she didn't want to be pregnant but waited until she was about to deliver to have her abortion. You won't. It's a complete red herring in the abortion debate. The vast majority of abortions take place in the first trimestre and if you could call an embryo at that stage of development a human, then the word has no meaning.

I draw the line at viability, minus a few weeks just to be sure (that's where the 20 week thing comes from btw). You probably draw a line too, you just won't admit it. I know some people who think masturbation or protected sex is wasting potential humans. They'd probably call you a murderer if you ever masturbated or had sex with a woman who uses birth control. The majority of hormonal birth control methods out there can stop fertilized eggs from implanting. If that fertilized egg is a human, then any woman who uses the pill has probably had several abortions and should be called a murderer too. Something tells me you won't be so eager to do that to them....