Cadman Bribery Scandal

OakServe

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Vancouver B.C., Canada
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/harper_cadman_offer

OK, so there's a CKNW audio tape with Cadman himself confirming he was offered financial considerations by the Conservative party. Cadman's son-in-law, his daughter, and his wife have all come forward saying it was a 1 million dollar life insurance policy being offered to him by the Conservative party as an inducement to switch parties ahead of a crucial confidence vote 2 years ago.

We have audio tape of Harper confirming the Conservative party had offered financial considerations to Cadman.

Owned?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yeah.

I'm a Conservative Party member......

Whoever pulled off this brain-dead venture should be hung out to dry, tarred and feathered, run out of town on a rail. IDIOTS!

And no, Harper didn't do it. If you listen to the tape, he told these morons they were wasting their time.

Harper is WAY too smart to get caught up in that.

I do wonder who the hell had the great idea of denying it all now, however.

That is SOOOOO stupid. Admit it happened, drag those responsible to the RCMP, put it behind you.

Cadman was one of the most honourable men to serve in Parliament.......

BTW, has it occured to anyone it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get a $1,000,000 life insurance policy on a man garaunteed not to live out the year?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It's really a question of principle....

While the theiving Liberals paid off advertising companies for no work and funnelled millions back into the party coffers...well that's clean and clearly identifiable....

When it comes to principle however, we can say...Oh GOSH why wouldn't they just admit it was a lunatic move...find a scapegoat and let's move on....

Nice and easy and the implication is that "See we're transparent and above the unscrupulous caliber of those lying Liberals...."

Hogwash!

If the Liberals weren't so patently stupid and managed to get away with this fraud..(and you can bet the farm that Chretien and Martin and the Liberals got away with things we'll never know about... OR the Conservatives weren't so patently stupid and managed to get away with these lies and manipulations (and you can bet the farm that the Conservatives have gotten away with things we'll never know about.....

Big difference this "party system" offers dumb-ass Canadians who think there's any difference between a red liar and blue liar....

Canadians would hate to have to come to terms with the truth.... our politicians are simply taking advantage of the apathy and disconnectedness of the electorate...like they always have and like they always will until there's jail time and prison sentences....

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If they could get him approved for life insurance the conservatives should be awarded a medal.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It's easy ... you offer the underwriter some insider information that will more than cover the million-dollar payout. They have their fingers in much more lucrative pies.

Woof!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I don't know if I do either ... but we know how politicians believe they're exempt from laws - and by the time they're caught there's a bigger scam to hide it anyhow.

Woof!
Great fodder for messageboards, nevertheless.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I would not doubt that he was offered 'financial considerations', but there's one glaring item to me:How could you get a $1million life insurance policy on a guy with a terminal illness?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Good for Cadman to keep his principles; if only Belinda had.

OakServe

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Vancouver B.C., Canada
I would not doubt that he was offered 'financial considerations', but there's one glaring item to me:How could you get a $1million life insurance policy on a guy with a terminal illness?
my guess is that the conservatives were offering it out of their own pockets, ie. basically just giving him a million dollars.

it might seem odd to bribe a guy by offering to give him "life insurance", but he was going to die so really that's the only thing you could bribe him with. he didn't need the money himself, so it was all about setting up his family.

OakServe

Nominee Member
Apr 22, 2005
Vancouver B.C., Canada
Good for Cadman to keep his principles; if only Belinda had.
honestly, is it really that principled? the only reason cadman supported the liberals in that confidence motion was because he was worried about not having the funds to campaign, and if he couldn't win re-election then he would lose the $500,000 life insurance policy that all members of parliament receive.

it was definitely in his interests to avoid an election, so i don't really know what's all that principled about it. sure the conservatives were apparently offering a significantly heftier "life insurance" bribe, i guess he deserves credit for opting for the guaranteed $500K policy over the dirty $1mil bribe...

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
Yeah.

Whoever pulled off this brain-dead venture should be hung out to dry, tarred and feathered, run out of town on a rail. IDIOTS!

And no, Harper didn't do it. If you listen to the tape, he told these morons they were wasting their time.

I agree. And isn't it just like the losers (liberals) to always be looking for dirt on others in order to take the onus off of them. The liberals are still smarting over getting ousted and this is the result. They have sunk so low to dig up dirt, they have even dug up a dead man, who cannot tell anything or defend himself, it is disgusting. I would say Canadian politics is getting really dirty. Trash talking does not show any intelligence at all. And we vote for these 'people'.

That is SOOOOO stupid. Admit it happened, drag those responsible to the RCMP, put it behind you.

BTW, has it occured to anyone it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get a $1,000,000 life insurance policy on a man garaunteed not to live out the year?
right again, and if there is one, I want the name, I have a couple of people I would like to insure. LOL! Must be one hell of a generous insurance company, or they have more money than brains.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Yeah.

What does it take Colpy before you see Harper for what he really is? Harper said he didn't know in Parliament and now the tape contradicts that he did know. The tape also shows he knew a financial incentive was being offered for Cadman's vote, which is illegal and he is heard saying not to pressure the guy too hard which also confirms his allowance of the action. This under his leadership. HE IS RESPONSIBLE.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
LIberals were far worse for all there scandals and rip offs. Lest we forget. When will people see the Fiberals for what they are. Pathetic grave diggers. I call this grasping for straws in a desperate attempt to regain some face, after losing it all and being ousted out of power. LOL. Now that has got to be a kick in the nuts. Oh well Liberals should have known that you can't play crooked forever, and they were bound to get caught eventually.

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada

Who knows what backroom deal this lot could have pulled to make it happen. Offering any sort of financial incentive for such a vote is not only incredibly unethical but also illegal. It's not like they are playing by the rules to begin with, and maybe 'life insurance' is a front for a bribe.

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
Just as the liberals were and are for all there scandals and rip offs. When will people see the Fiberals for what they are. Pathetic grave diggers. I call this grasping for straws in a desperate attempt to regain some face, after losing it all and being ousted out of power. LOL. Now that has got to be a kick in the nuts. Oh well Liberals should have known that you can't play crooked forever, and they were bound to get caught eventually.
I think Harper has done

harleyhunny

Time Out
Feb 25, 2008
International
My apologies for the two too many posts my computer all of a sudden decided to have a mind of it's own. Sometimes I type to fast though and hit buttons before I know it.