Federal Election December 3

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
A friend of mine is a campagain chairman, can't say for what canidate, but he is already setting up the office. Good timming for Ontarians.:-( Not.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
People can knock em, but they are consistent. Probably more than the Cons and Libs.

goat

Time Out
Mar 8, 2007
Brill brinksmanship maneuver on Harper's part.

Liberals broke, disorganized, uprepared and really really dumb amid rumours Dion is stepping down.

Hopefully he will not

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I have some problems with Harper.

BUT!

Unfortunately, he is (IMHO) by far the best PM we have had since I started voting......in 1974.

That is a sad comment on the state of Canadian politics.

I'll be voting Conservative.......and sending them money. May they win a majority.

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006

BUT!

Unfortunately, he is (IMHO) by far the best PM we have had since I started voting......in 1974.

I'll be voting Conservative.......and sending them money. May they win a majority.

Hey Colpy!

Have you been receiving threatening letters from the CSSA folk? A dire warning that unless Conservatives are elected that the price of all firearms in this country will immediately rise about $200.00...?

Mine says something like...hold yer nose ande vote for the Cons even though there's so much to dislike about the larger picture...

Provincially, I'd like to see McGuinty applying for a job at Tim Horton's and his rabble of suckling sychophants purged from Ontario's misery....but hey that's just my opinion....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hey Colpy!

Have you been receiving threatening letters from the CSSA folk? A dire warning that unless Conservatives are elected that the price of all firearms in this country will immediately rise about $200.00...?

Mine says something like...hold yer nose ande vote for the Cons even though there's so much to dislike about the larger picture...

Provincially, I'd like to see McGuinty applying for a job at Tim Horton's and his rabble of suckling sychophants purged from Ontario's misery....but hey that's just my opinion....

No. I haven't.

Funny, as I am a member of the Canadian Shooting Sports Association as well as the National Firearms Association.

Perhaps they just figure they'd be preaching to the choir, so to speak. :)

I've got to say, though, no call centre salesperson is NEARLY as persistent as the Conservative Party of Canada in soliciting donations......if you give, you get harassed! I understand why, but damn it is irritating!

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Colpy

I've been writing about taking the "gun-battle" to the people for years and I can't seem to find anyone who's interested in anything but "protecting" our right to own and use recreational firearms...

It allows the gun-battler's to keep making gun-law a one pony issue, the selfish /exclusivity of a few to retain their property while that property is used by criminals to wreck havoc.... a tired old story...

I've witten CSSA, about their policy of selling shirts hats and brick-a-brack that's all been made in Bangladesh and China....then festooned with the CSSA logo....

It's long past time recreational gun owner's took on the issues that impact other peoples lives and built a concensus around the responsibility governments have to ALL the people.

When the issue of criminality is forever bound to guns and drugs and gangs, the association will remain unless tempered with efforts to support other social issues is seen by the general public. Gun clubs and firearms disciplines should be visible and vocal in supporting spousal abuse programs, public support for boys and girls clubs, fun recreation days at gun clubs that welcome folk to participate in a food drive or a "let's clean up the park day.."

Sitting around and waiting on dumb-ass politicians to choose which side of the fence they'll flip to when the votes are being cast....is too late.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I hope the Op parties back down on their threat to bring down the govt and force an election. I don't foresee any good coming their way from having us go to the polls in Dec. If I have to tho, I'll be voting conservative.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
On another note, you really have to hand it to the right honorable Stephen Harper, he hasn't broken a single rule but has basically broken every single principle. From a technical perspective you honestly have to give him a lot of credit for garnering as much power as he did from a minority situation without really breaking any rules.

True, I despise the fact that the rules allow that sort of thing, but hey...

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I would be surprised if there is an election call.

The Bloc waited too long to force an election and the by-elections in Quebec proved it.

The NDP have nothing to lose by an election but they don’t have the numbers to do anything.

The Liberals don’t want an election because of funding.

If it perceived by the Canadian voters that the Conservatives forced the election then the Liberals will get the majority.

If the Conservatives want any chance at forming the next majority government they have to back track on some of their controversial bills like Income Trusts and the environment.

The Finance minister is their Achilles heal if they can put him into another position then that would seal their majority government.

Graeme

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2006
While I do think there will be an election this time around, we (conservative party members) were told to get ready for an election in the spring, then in the middle of the summer, and now. The one thing the Conservative party won't do is get caught unprepared for the election when ever it may be... Considering it is up to the liberals to actually force the election (because harper won't do it (wisely so)) they have to be ready every time there is a chance that there may be an election.

Let me just say I have happily donated a little money every time there might be an election, and that is with me knowing how rich my party currently is.

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen

BUT!

This is a sadder comment on the mental health of the poster known as Colpy...what kind of dumb dumb actually sends money to the conservative party....ROFLMAO!!!!!!

The government of Canada will be back in the Hands of the Government of Canada.This lapse of judgement on the part of the new electorate via immiagration who never really witnessed the blue machine in action was short lived by Harper's inability to govern.

The constant campaigning he called governing at the cost of the country is soon to end and the governemnt will be back in the hands of Canadains not suffering from greed and inadaquate human faculties....

Colpy get a friggin life will ya.....

they have enough money ....sending money to them is like sending money to Donald Trump .....
god politics is one sure way to see the genes in play

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Ya Doc, it's a good thing the Liberals aren't (sponsership) greedy. lol The colour of the election sign has no bearing on the net outcome of any party's goverance. They are all scum sucking greed monsters out for a free ride on your dollar. And they have all prooven it beyond a shadow of a doubt.:-(

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Ya Doc, it's a good thing the Liberals aren't (sponsership) greedy. lol The colour of the election sign has no bearing on the net outcome of any party's goverance. They are all scum sucking greed monsters out for a free ride on your dollar. And they have all prooven it beyond a shadow of a doubt.:-(

Lol you got it mate...but i would rather the liberals get colpy's money if he wants to waste it via the political way....i mean at least they would be politicing all comfydo rather than the bushco puppets....hell you don't really want to feed THEM meat do you?

it's so silly toi think yer hard earned is going to a anything but a better room service on the campaign trail....

Look Liberals are the only human choice in the arena of filth....
At least there is a glimmer of crumbs to be had by people other than The rich the mafia owned road comapnies and various friends who want to own a toll highway built with taxpayers money and sold to them for peanuts...like mike Harrass did..

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
*sigh* that is true and when it comes down to the bottom line which is their own ass, they couldn't care less which party they personally belong to so long as they do well. Just cross the floor folks. It's all a game. I hate them all. And I hate that I hate them all. :canada: