Will Green Party ever get elected?

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
The Marijuana party has a better chance of forming the next US government than the Green Party has here.

Muz

Impetus

Electoral Member
May 31, 2007
Of course, riding the Al Gore wave of pseudo-environmental hypocracy.
You'll see them vote Green and drive away in their SUV thinking they've made a difference.

Meanwhile, Green lacks any sound economic platform.

You can't win an election on one issue.

Muz

But they are winning against Blocs.
And they have gained huge percentage in recent year.

YoungJoonKim

Electoral Member
Aug 19, 2007
Sure it did :p
Mackenzie during WWII liked Hitler and he was also Anti-Semite
And Canadian government rejected St. Louis (I think) with full of fleeing Jews from entering our shore.
AND Canadians persecuted against Jews.
Basically, we all persecuted Jews.
How does that differ us from Nazi hehe

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
Sure it did :p
Mackenzie during WWII liked Hitler and he was also Anti-Semite
And Canadian government rejected St. Louis (I think) with full of fleeing Jews from entering our shore.
AND Canadians persecuted against Jews.
Basically, we all persecuted Jews.
How does that differ us from Nazi hehe

wow yer english just took a leap for the better....nice stuff

May 28, 2007
Honour our Fallen
I'm just so sick of the liberals and this redneck alliance deal that call them selves conservatives....that whole alliance con is enough to tell you something.....anyway..I really want to vote green to just keep the message going...that being we need to clean up our act...yeah al gore blah blah ...it helps though .....

But this is my problem.
The liberal in my riding, wajid Khan, turned into a conservative.....

I don't want him to win again...I talked to him before the last election and feel he lied to me....i offered some advice which he broguht me into his control room with his spin people...i talked to them ...they turned and said that was more of a conservative tactic and it's not the liberal way....ok i walked out feeling like us liberals are ethically better.....and then he jumps over.......god!!!!!

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Of course, riding the Al Gore wave of pseudo-environmental hypocracy.
You'll see them vote Green and drive away in their SUV thinking they've made a difference.

Meanwhile, Green lacks any sound economic platform.

You can't win an election on one issue.

Muz

Yeah but don't you need a truck to drive on these GTA roads? Maybe the trend should continue and the roads be allowed to deterierate to eventually bring a halt to one car one driver problems.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Just curious, they are rising "force" after all :smile:

I think there is a good chance of them winning some seats, probably in the election. But I highly doubt they will ever form a government.

But then again, you're talking to the guy who predicted the Liberals would have a majority government by now. :lol:

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Green Party Election Chances

No, I don’t believe that the Green Party of Canada has a good chance of election to the House of Commons. Their support is not yet concentrated enough to translate into an electoral district requesting Green Party representation. Perhaps the Green Party’s fortunes could improve were one or more honourable members of the Senate of Canada to create a “Green caucus”, as some have mused, as this would give the Green Party a foothold in the Parliament of Canada. Seeing the work of Green senators, some Canadians might feel compelled to vote for a Green representative for the Lower House.

As to the suggestion of a Green Government of Canada, I cannot foresee this taking place at any point in the foreseeable future (nor would I predict such a Government for the New Democratic Party of Canada). Barring some sort of extremely fractured Parliament as the result of a low-plurality general election, I don’t think we are going to see any sort of Green administration at least within the next two or three decades.

Baxter Basics

Aug 26, 2007
The dedicated volunteers that are driving the Greens are doing their darndest to actually make a difference.

We/They are NOT a one-issue party - their platform covers all the issues, whereas the other parties only seem to care about the GD economy. The economy that we have relies on an ever expanding wave of consumers and growth, and as anyone with a bit of foresight can point out, NOTHING can keep expanding forever (with the possible exception of the universe). Our brazen and wanton treatment of other species, habitats, and resources shows such a disregard for the future, that (if there are any) future generations will look back on our cheap-oil-driven century as the most callous and selfish of any in human history.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I am really an NDP er, who voted Conservative last time, so that the Liberals wouldn't get in again, now it looks like I will have to vote NDP to keep them ahead of the green party, but what will happen
to the conservatives if I do that, as those filthy liberals might come crawling back, I am so busy
jumping all over the place, and I do like the Green party too, very exhausting indeed.;-)