For Canadians wishing to oppose the coming North American Union

whitestone7

Jul 25, 2007
Hi People of Canada:

There is much information about the North American Union or Security and Prosperity Partnership on my website

My website is at:

http://whitestone7.110mb.com/index.html

By relegating this agreement to a series of treaties the are bypassing the need to include us in the agreements

I have made available a link to two websites that are opposing the (Security and Prosperity Partnership) S.P.P

one is to the website of Peter Julian NDP-MP for Burnaby-New Westminster

http://www.peterjulian.ca/page/527

and the other is to the Canadian Action Party's Petition website

http://www.canadianactionparty.ca/petition1.html

This is something that all North American people should get behind irrespective of boundaries

This is not an anti-american or anti-mexican or anti-canadian thing - it is about government not doing things in a manner that our respective constitutions tell us must be done

We voted them in - they did not vote to have us as constituents

They are there in public office as our guests not the other way around and their jobs can be given to someone else that will do things in a constitutional manner

Please if you think this is important - get involved - now is the time

I am not opposed to trade or immigration, but I am opposed to making it happen without our constitutional consent

I would encourage everyone in North America to contact their elected representatives - whether you agree or disagree - they need to know you know about this and that you want some oversight in Congress or Parliament

Thank you for your indulgence in this matter

Last edited:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Harper doesn't have a mandate to get us into any kind of union. Canadians would have to vote on it....It won't happen..

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Harper doesn't have a mandate to get us into any kind of union. Canadians would have to vote on it....It won't happen..

I really haven't learned enough about this.

What makes a vote on it necessary? And what would happen if they hurried it through without a vote?

Frankly, I'd feel better hearing what you just said, from Harper himself.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Stronger economic unions are definitely a good thing, I can remember hearing some guy talk about Atlantica at a conference and he made very convincing arguments.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I really haven't learned enough about this.

What makes a vote on it necessary? And what would happen if they hurried it through without a vote?

Frankly, I'd feel better hearing what you just said, from Harper himself.

Personally, I would rather hear it from the next Prime Minister....not Harper. The political and economic union mentioned in the OP could not come about without a majority of Canadians agreeing to it. Our constitution says at least that much.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Our charter of rights and freedoms also recognizes the supremacy of god, but we grant protections to atheism too. Paper is paper.

Does this mean the NDP will support armed icebreakers in the north to maintain our sovereignty against US claims?

Baxter Basics

Aug 26, 2007
The (heads of the) corporations that are hosting and attending these private meetings, are so well-funded that they can and will buy their way into having this SPP in place.

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
juan and the other "why worry" crowd are just so naive!! The SPP will go through if the corporate sector wants it to go through.

Parliament need not be involved at all, and thats not a good thing.

Nice work whitestone7, at least I will encourage you to carry on with your petitioning against the SPP North American Union. In fact, I have written my MP [Alex Atamanenko] and requested that he bring up the issue in Parliament this fall and try to defeat the SPP agenda.

ETC - didja hear that PM Harper is delaying the start of parliament by one month? Maybe the SPP resistance is one of the reasons he is doing it. Less time in session seems to be a theme these days, it has happened in BC in recent years [and others?] That cannot be good for democracy, eh.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
One month is hopefully not long enough to make this whole thing vanish. The SPP stinks to high heaven- if the Orwellian double-speak name ALONE isn't enough to make ya wonder, the events at the recent "summit" should have been a clear red-flag

I suppose some loud-mouth will come on here and say that the inquiry that is being pushed for is "unnecessary", but I really would like to see Harper and his clones step up to the "transparency and accountability" platform they laid in the last election- again, apologists will likely start screaming about the Liberals and what they did, but from my non-partisan view, pissing away a bunch of taxpayer money is not of the same magnitude as secretly signing away our rights as a country- having it done behind closed doors with little more than an "it was productive and we agreed on blah blah blah" soundbite to explain the significance of the proceedings is insulting at the LEAST

I ask to the "pooh pooh" types- if it IS "scaremongering" by some "leftist fringe", and IF it is nothing more than harmonization of regulatory standards, WHY THE HELL is it TOP F-ING SECRET?!?!?!?

Show me the goddamned documents, tell me the whole deal, and I can rest easy. Harper sure as HELL isn't planning an awesome surprise birthday party here, which would be the ONLY excuse for hiding something that has been presented as a routine trade agreement, no??

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Perhaps it will be made an election issue, and the information will have to be released, or cooked up...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The thing is to try and stop this through the ballot box is futility itself. Look at the patriot act in the States as well as the ammendments and orders signed by the president, there is no democratic solution to NAU. It will be enacted through executive orders after the next terrorist attack, the Amero the police state the full integration of the three North American countrys all of it for the security of fascist Fortress North America. Any body who thinks they'll get to vote on weather or not they want a police state is dreaming, the question will never be put to the electorate. Just wait for the collapse of the American dollar. It's all for our own good you understand, it'll protect our democratic values and our precious way of life, whatever the hell that is.Oh yeah, stuff till you drop, have another cheeseburger, watch the game take the family to Disney World, don't be late for work. Heil Harper.:lol:

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
From the intercourse on this site it seems there are many Canadians who'd welcome a trade between the maple leaf and Ole Glory....

They will have their wish, not because they wish it were so but because as the needs of the many grow the needs of the few will be ignored. We have many contributors who embrace American policies now, we have armed American Coast Guard boats patrolling the Great Lakes, we have a "Prime Minister" playing lap-dog to the Whitehouse....learned it no doubt at the knee of Tony Blair....

Now perhaps the Kestone Kanadians serving and dying in Afghansitan have a chance of learning how to fight a war....it will only take an American corporal to bring fierceness a la Rambo....to the limp wristed Kanadians....

Just ask an American.....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Kanadians are polite, nice, considerate and more than stupid enough to believe in American nonsence, christ some think the yankee election will fix everything others believe we're being attacked by Al-Qaeda and Uncle Sama Bin Laffinatus. They huddle in thier closets frightenend by holly-wood fiction stupier than Independence Day or Dr Phils feel good garbage. It's all because of TV Mickey.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
time

Kanadians are polite, nice, considerate and more than stupid enough to believe in American nonsence, christ some think the yankee election will fix everything others believe we're being attacked by Al-Qaeda and Uncle Sama Bin Laffinatus. They huddle in thier closets frightenend by holly-wood fiction stupier than Independence Day or Dr Phils feel good garbage. It's all because of TV Mickey.

How true DB, The American media is just as fictional, nothing but a propaganda machine for the powers that be.