Feds: Unknown total land for national parks

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Hot dog. I wrote last year, a casual browser, like me, could not figure out a train fare from Toronto to Montreal on the Via Rail web page. Now I can. Wow. Canadiancontent.net works. Yay.

It costs $726 on the train from Vancouver to Montreal June 1-2. Cosmic.

People think the train is too expensive, I might disagree with that. Two days is too fast for such a long trip, I want to see the view across Canada. It's not something people everyday. If I was in a hurry, I would fly.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Actually I maid a mittake. You leave on May 29 and arrive on June 2. Perhaps a simple graphic showing the city departure time and city arrival time would be helpful. The URL result:

http://reservia.viarail.ca/search/tripreview.aspx

As is often the case with governmental institutions they only provide the legally minimum required in regards to consumer information, basically as little as they can get away with. Why?

Fare info is buying info, which is selling, which is making money. Which should be presented as openly, and simply and as plainly as possible. People have many options these days to spend their money and too much time to fool around on the net.