O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Do you have a problem with our anthems current lyrics:

Does the:

native reference
"sons command" reference
God reference

upset you?

I hope the lyrics NEVER change. I know this song by heart and I would not want it any other way.

RUEZ

Nominee Member
Feb 12, 2007
PG
I've often wondered in the age of political correctness why someone hasn't initiated taking God out of the anthem.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
[FONT=&quot]West did you come up with this or is someone actually proposing it? Obviously, I voted to keep it the way It is and I am someone you say, “rejects god”. But then I’m a non smoker who thinks people should be able to smoke in public places so I am pretty libertarian and pro freedom. Did you know you know the origin of political correctness was liberals making fun of them elves, saying that the politically correct liberals are following the Lenin party line?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

[/FONT]

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I would reject the anthem if it was changed. The Canadian national anthem has been changed before (as reported by some people older than I) but the version you mentioned westman, with the exception of in all our sons command, which I know as in all thy sons command is the best version that I know. Canada, it's policies and it's culture was fine until it was invaded by third worlders*.

* Wiki article, as of 07:19 GMT - 01:00 correct figures.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
yeah that wiki article is a nice read.

We let way to many immigrants in.

We see it in Quebec.

We see it all over Canada

Canadians fighting for their culture and heritage from immigrants coming in and wanting change.

s243a

Council Member
Mar 9, 2007
Calgary
yeah that wiki article is a nice read.

We let way to many immigrants in.

We see it in Quebec.

We see it all over Canada

Canadians fighting for their culture and heritage from immigrants coming in and wanting change.

Is it really the immigrants that want to change the anthytum though? Or is it self hating people that are several generations Canadian? The western idea of religion involves the repenting of sin. Left wing political correctness is a reflection of the natural religious tendencies of humans.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Official lyrics:
Here is a PC version I found on the web that made me nearly cry:

Do you have a problem with our anthems current lyrics:

Does the:

native reference
"sons command" reference
God reference

upset you?

I hope the lyrics NEVER change. I know this song by heart and I would not want it any other way.

Interesting that you even care West, considering your worship of all things American.

Be that what it may, this is such a non-issue. There are no plans to re-do the national anthem.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Personally....I prefered your older one....God Save the queen

at least then I could sing it with my eyes closed!!:lol:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Only if the Queen paid taxes here too.........lol
You want us to sing about you PAY UP .......lol

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Only if the Queen paid taxes here too.........lol
You want us to sing about you PAY UP .......lol

how many taxes do you think she pays here? lol..........although even I'm louved to pay GST PST and HST......she's as much your queen as she's mine.............filthy German!!! lol

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
ROTFL I'm not german but she is more then I'll ever be....lol
She's not my Queen . definately NOT looks to much like my X mother in-law. sheeesh
She's too uptight to be on the Canadian dollar

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Canadian Culture - what is it?

I have watched over the years as bits and pieces of Canadiana are given away, altered, changed, deleted, amended, and generally apologetic mea culpas have ruled the nation which is trying to woo
newcomers to its vast lands when the newcomers are choosing Canada as it is.... not as it is 'trying to be'.

What has gone wrong is Canada's image of itself - its self worth and its self importance?

There is no need of change to suit those who have never experienced the Canadian way - all newcomers are invited to take part and join - why then would Canada feel the need to accommodate
through change?

It has puzzled me that the great proud nation feels unworthy to maintain its origins, traditions, and all of its original characteristics which has made it vital and successful on the world stage...

Reactions: s243a

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
IMO canada got a backbone when we dicided not to go to war in IRAQ.
Very good point.
Love that f-22 , such a guy thing to post lol ;-)

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
IMO canada got a backbone when we dicided not to go to war in IRAQ.
Very good point.
Love that f-22 , such a guy thing to post lol ;-)

So true.......although I find the recent South Park piece about The queen, Britain and Canada planning to strategically strike and re-take the US very funny indeed.....the conclusion with the queen and the pistol to the temple was funny also........oh god...how AM I going to cope with being an Englishman in DC on the 4th of July....must wear something red!!!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
So true.......although I find the recent South Park piece about The queen, Britain and Canada planning to strategically strike and re-take the US very funny indeed.....the conclusion with the queen and the pistol to the temple was funny also........oh god...how AM I going to cope with being an Englishman in DC on the 4th of July....must wear something red!!!
NO NO NO a british flag shaped as a target on your back lol