• No, he was horrible and disgusting.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • He was good, but he's too old and needs to leave

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

CDN87

Nominee Member
Dec 24, 2006
Really, the only person who would make me hate Paul Martin (a liberal) is Jean Chretien. That goddamn Martin just had to come in and mess things up for the best Prime Minister so far in the 21st Century. I gotta admit that Chretien had to be one of the the most respectful Prime Ministers in a long while for me. He eliminated the worst economic disaster created under a Conservative government and turned the Liberal party into a majority machine.

Don't you miss him?

CDN87

Nominee Member
Dec 24, 2006
Respectful or respectable? You young folks need to be a little more careful of the dynamics of language.
He had respect for the canadian people unlike other prime ministers.

Don't question my use of language.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
He had respect for the canadian people unlike other prime ministers.

Don't question my use of language.

I voted for horrible & disgusting.

That last comment there was a little anti-democracy, eh?

I hated him, he was a French Fool, and the majority of Canadians never voted for him.

The right was split between a struggling PC party and a growing Alliance party, and a Bloc separatist force in Quebec.

They just had the right forumula to get majority everytime when the majority of Canadians were against Chretien.

He, to me, was a sly, corrupt, man. Look what we got after he left office: SPONSERSHIP SCANDAL 8O8O8O

I hate him, so happy when he was gone.

And for the record I would have taken Martin over him.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I once thought Jean was a pretty good guy. Quirky financial goings on within his own riding soon put the boots to that. It's obvious he used his connections as PM to benefit both his friends and himself.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He lowered the debt by reducing funding to the provinces. Our healthcare system was a mess. A monkey could've done that.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The only thing I miss was the vulcan deathgrip choke hold. I hope Harper can get his hands on a demonstrator.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Maybe we ought to have Maggie the Monkey making the decisions. A simple yes no on proposed legislation. ;)

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
lol, he was a nut.

he was a corrupt mean man who through money to himselves and friends.

He had the Clinton effect, looked ok because the 90s was a good time, economic growth worldwide, low unemployment rate, but I utterly despised the man.

If I could have voted way back when it would have been:

92- Alliance (not Chretien or Campbell)
Alliance
Alliance
Then once PC + Alliance joined I voted Con.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Yep that sure was the good ol days under Chretien and his Liberals.

Notice how since Martin took over he stays completely out of the public eye.

Just like Mulroney, lol.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Chretien... ? , he and the rest of the liberals ought to be in jail. I hope when Conservatives get a majority they'll start some objective investigations and put that ^*%*$^ away for life.

What happen to all the bllions that he took from the taxpayers?

Last edited: