New Government of Canada

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Do the Conservatives deserve to use the title "New Government of Canada" as they have been?

Have they really made a radical departure from traditional politics, or is this just more spin to make a weak minority government look more appealing than it really is?

catman

Electoral Member
Sep 3, 2006
How long would they keep referring to themselves as the "new" government of Canada?

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
It is an old party government, with a new leader with old fundamentalist ideas. I don't know if you can call this a NEW government.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
It is an old party government, with a new leader with old fundamentalist ideas. I don't know if you can call this a NEW government.

That's true. Unless they consider themselves as a new party after the merger of the former PC's and the Reform? Could that be the angle they are taking?

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
That's true. Unless they consider themselves as a new party after the merger of the former PC's and the Reform? Could that be the angle they are taking?

Don't think so, the title "New Government of Canada" is on all official documents replacing "Government of Canada". It's not about the party it's about the fact they're in power now. I'm just a little confused as to why the Conservatives think it was neccessary to make this change.

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Don't think so, the title "New Government of Canada" is on all official documents replacing "Government of Canada". It's not about the party it's about the fact they're in power now. I'm just a little confused as to why the Conservatives think it was neccessary to make this change.

so what do they call the former government? "the old government of canada"? hope they enjoy it now cos it dosent seem like theyll be the government that much longer.