Tim Castor's Beaver Fever

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
Beaver Fever - New Episode March 12th

Hi All:

CDNBear has graciously invited me to post my new episodes here each week. Always nice to have new viewers, so if you haven't had a chance to check out 'Beaver Fever,' then by all means, give it a go!

This week, I take a look at Spring Break and wonder just how many days off our Members of Parliament feel entitled to.

To see the March 12th episode, click HERE.

Cheers,
Tim Castor
www.bigplans.ca

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
Beaver Fever - New Episode March 19th

This week, I get all excited about the federal budget. No, really...fine don't believe me then. :)

www.bigplans.ca

Cheers,
Tim

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm going to watch it right now!!!

Hey Tim, what made you choose the title "Beaver Fever"? Seeing as it's a rather nasty lil bug to get. lol.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
"He's our sugar daddy know"

rotflmffao!!!

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
Hi CDNBear:

Beaver Fever IS a nasty little bug to get. But giardia aside...There are a few reasons I chose it.
1) I'm a Beaver!
2) Canadian politics makes this here rodent hot under the collar...one might even say...feverish.
3) And...it rhymes.

I'm a simple creature. :)

Cheers,
Tim

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hi CDNBear:

Beaver Fever IS a nasty little bug to get. But giardia aside...There are a few reasons I chose it.
1) I'm a Beaver!
2) Canadian politics makes this here rodent hot under the collar...one might even say...feverish.
3) And...it rhymes.

I'm a simple creature. :)

Cheers,
Tim
Thanx for the info, I was just curious.

btw, CB or Bear is good enough, typing CDNBear is not necessary.

Keep up the good work, I love it.

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
New Episode of Beaver Fever - March 26

Hi All:

This week, I'm talking about the Federal Election...you know, the one we're supposed to be having...any minute now.

Check it out at www.bigplans.ca

Cheers,
Tim

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
More funny stuff Tim my boy.

You're doing a bang up job.

How about a guest appearance from a "Fred Flintstonesque" Bear? lmao

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
New Episode of Beaver Fever - April 2

Hi:

A NEW episode of 'Beaver Fever with Tim Castor' is up at www.bigplans.ca. This week, I talk about change and the new Quebec minority government.

NOTICE: This will be the last episode of Beaver Fever, at least for now. This animated editorial cartoon was created because newspapers and news media sites have been quite vocal about the need for change and the need to bring new content to their websites. While animated editorial cartoons are gaining a following in the U.S., it would appear that Canada is not as interested right now.

Beaver Fever has received a lot of positive comments and interest over the past 5 months and 19 episodes, and while I've had many media and news sites kick the tires on this idea, only one small website was willing to make a commitment to it. Unfortunately, with syndication rates being what they are, that one website doesn't justify the devotion of 20 hours of my work week to this project.

Since Beaver Fever is modeled after a TV format, let's just say that this is the end of Season 1, with no date set for the beginning of Season 2. The website will remain up and running, at least in the immediate future.

Thanks to all of you who've taken the time to support this little cartoon, and who knows...the future may hold more episodes.

Cheers,
Tim

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You're breaking my heart Tim...

I was looking for your latest episode earlierthis morning, that's how dedicated I am. lol

It's a shame you haven't found support. I am one of the larger critics of Canadian content laws, but your plight has sparked a slight reversal of my opinion.

I hope you find the backing you need to justify your time and season 2 gets under way soon.

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
Thanks, Bear. I received a lot of support from guys like you, and I really do appreciate that. But as I explained...it doesn't pay the bills. I was willing to take a risk on this in the beginning, knowing that the initial sacrifice would be what was needed to see if it would pay off. Nobody's going to buy something just because you say you can do it.

I had to prove I could create this. I also had to prove I could create one every week. After 5 months, I think that's been accomplished. At some point, I had to realize that perhaps tenacity had given way to wishful thinking.

I'm actually not a proponent of Canadian content laws to tell you the truth. I wouldn't want them to run it just because it was Canadian. I just know that one common theme with my newspapers across Canada that run my print cartoons, is that they want Canadian. I don't think this has anything to do with the content. It's about the marketing. I made many phone calls, and sent thousands of emails. I had a lot of interested parties, some very big media sites and newspapers.

Bottom line...they didn't want to have to pay for it, because they didn't know how to make money on it. It's the reality of business, and I can accept it.

That being said, I'm not in a very good mood today. I was really getting to like that little rodent.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So was I my friend, so was I.

Did you try the CBC? Perhaps a guest spot on the MR would be enough to peak interest?

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
I tried EVERYBODY. I even had the right contacts at the CBC, because I had done a series of editorial cartoons for them during the 2005-2006 federal election. The problem with the CBC is that they have no budget for this on a regular basis.

I sent it Rick Mercer each week, and George Strombo, and 22 Minutes, and everyone else I could think of. Editors, Publishers, columnists, producers, CEO's....trust me, it wasn't for lack of trying that this didn't get to the right people. :)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I tried EVERYBODY. I even had the right contacts at the CBC, because I had done a series of editorial cartoons for them during the 2005-2006 federal election. The problem with the CBC is that they have no budget for this on a regular basis.

I sent it Rick Mercer each week, and George Strombo, and 22 Minutes, and everyone else I could think of. Editors, Publishers, columnists, producers, CEO's....trust me, it wasn't for lack of trying that this didn't get to the right people. :)
Damn!!!

Perhaps your ahead of your time? lol.

TimCastor

Nov 29, 2006
That had crossed my mind. Which is why Tim Castor isn't dead...he's just on indefinite leave.